Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Style: Travel Scope 70 with Backpack|Change

Showing 1-10 of 906 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 999 reviews
on December 4, 2014
Amazing telescope. I have used a number of telescopes and this is one of the best based on flexibility, ease of use and performance. When mounted on a simple Eq. tracking mount I am getting better pictures than with my C925 that has been a significant source of disappointment. For this price there is no better telescope in the market.

Just edited my original review to add a few photos I took last winter, including lovely comet Lovejoy. These photos are from a really dark place and were processed with Photoshop. However, I just needed a 1-minute exposure at 6400 ISO with my Canon DSLR connected directly to the rear of the telescope (no diagonal). Then I mounted the telescope on a regular Eq. Mount (an additional advantage of this telescope is that it is very light so no heavy duty mount is required... however it needs to be properly aligned and you need to be careful not to touch the camera, telescope or mount when taking a photo to avoid vibration). When I bought this telescope I was needing the equivalent of a 400mm to 600mm lens for my Canon DSLR. These lenses cost several thousand dollars so I bought instead this telescope as it was a very low risk investment compared to the potential benefits. As you can see it really paid off....
4444 comments| 1,104 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 5, 2017
Got this along with a solar filter for viewing the solar eclipse. Worked fabulously!!!! I also got Orion 7033 Precision Slow-Motion Adapter (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000XMV86/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1, Eyeskey Universal Phone Spotting Scope Adapter (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01J9F19I8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) & Televue Sol-Searcher Solar Finder (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000B785SG/ref=s9_acsd_hps_bw_c_x_2_w). The Solar Finder needed a different screw to connect to the telescope, but it was so much fun to watch and live stream the eclipse!
on September 20, 2017
Lots of value here for the price. Great starter kit. I just purchased it to try and get some eclipse photos and knew I didn't need much but was surprised at the decent quality for a low price. I purchased a cell phone camera mount for this as well so now when I see any delinquents across the street causing trouble I can video and shoot pictures of them 300 yards away and they won't even know it.
on October 20, 2016
Well worth the money, for my family.

I replaced the tripod, however, because it wasn't sufficiently steady for viewing objects at great distances. And the eyepieces are so-so though good enough for terrestrial observation and undemanding views of stars and planets.

Overall, for what I paid, I'm satisfied.
on December 27, 2015
I agree with others who have mentioned this seems like a toy, not a serious optical instrument. Fortunately, I bought it for my young daughter and she likes playing with it (we looked at the full moon last night). But at just 40X magnification (max.), I have binoculars that do as well as this for night sky viewing. This should simply be marketed as a kids' toy telescope, not a "travel scope".

Oh, and another thing, the spotting scope shows you everything upside down which renders it useless for quick spotting of anything.
on February 18, 2016
Ordered Tuesday arrived Thursday, a gift for 8yr old niece and parents, can not wait until the open it and share the experience. Came triple boxed well, and interior box had nice graphics printed for scope. All parts were present. Wrapped and ready to be received. Thanks for the timely no extra cost, and superbly handled shipment!
on February 2, 2016
I know it's a beginner telescope so I was expected a lot from this. However, my son (11 yr) prefers to use it like a pair of binoculars during the day because the stars just look like bright blobs at night. He can see a little more detail in the moon but not enough to get excited about. I may invest in a better magnification later on.
on January 6, 2017
For the price, it is great. Comes with two eye pieces. Great for looking at the moon. However, the tripod is HORRIBLE: twisting little pieces is difficult and doesn't easily adjust, super flimsy and almost worthless, but I am still giving 5 star review because telescope is good and it seems that they just included the tripod so someone can at least look at moon straight out of the box.
on June 24, 2016
The telescope is great for the money. The only thing that's a bit annoying is that the little screws that hold everything in place are a bit flimsy and you have to keep tightening them. But the scope is great for travel. First thing I saw were he moons of Jupiter, it was awesome!
on March 8, 2017
This was my first telescope and for the price, it is an amazing telescope. It was very easy to setup in the start. Although aligning the spotter was quite finicky and took a bit longer than I liked but once it was aligned it worked very well. The tripod is not the best but works for my purposes. The image is very clear and frankly amazing.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.