Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Style: Travel Scope 70 with Backpack|Change

Showing 1-10 of 876 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 962 reviews
on December 4, 2014
Amazing telescope. I have used a number of telescopes and this is one of the best based on flexibility, ease of use and performance. When mounted on a simple Eq. tracking mount I am getting better pictures than with my C925 that has been a significant source of disappointment. For this price there is no better telescope in the market.

Just edited my original review to add a few photos I took last winter, including lovely comet Lovejoy. These photos are from a really dark place and were processed with Photoshop. However, I just needed a 1-minute exposure at 6400 ISO with my Canon DSLR connected directly to the rear of the telescope (no diagonal). Then I mounted the telescope on a regular Eq. Mount (an additional advantage of this telescope is that it is very light so no heavy duty mount is required... however it needs to be properly aligned and you need to be careful not to touch the camera, telescope or mount when taking a photo to avoid vibration). When I bought this telescope I was needing the equivalent of a 400mm to 600mm lens for my Canon DSLR. These lenses cost several thousand dollars so I bought instead this telescope as it was a very low risk investment compared to the potential benefits. As you can see it really paid off....
4343 comments| 1,060 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 9, 2016
It't work fine. It arrived on time.
on August 19, 2017
If I were able to give negative stars, I would. Flimsy flimsy flimsy, the tripod mount has serious issues, trying to secure the scope to a fixed position between 45degree and 90degress and it just slips under the weight. The angled eye piece swivels around with no way to secure properly. The Finder scope eyepiece fell off. Today is Saturday, and it arrived Thursday I have used it twice. So disappointed! ​
on April 24, 2012
I purchased this telescope for my daughter (6 years old) to use for star gazing and general observation. The written setup instructions aren't that clear so utilize the DVD they provide. It's very suitable for the price I paid!
on August 2, 2017
Works good and easy to use. It's no miracle worker, but it lets you view the moon well and can even see Venus a little bit.
VINE VOICEon May 6, 2015
Great travel size telescope. Nice and sturdy construction, and easy to use! I love to use it on the weekends when going out for a night drive to look at the stars. I have been able to get great views of the moon, some planets, and of course stars. Nice for when you don't want to lug around a huge telescope.
on February 10, 2016
good for bird watching and looking at the moon in good detail, but not great. I got it for $60 so I'm happy enough with it :)
on May 14, 2015
Received the scope yesterday and tried it out today looking at some trees 200 yards or so away and discovered the optics are really quite sharp with the included 20 mm eyepiece.Not too bad with the 10 mm but the image is quite dull compared to another better 10 mm eyepiece that I own.

Optically the scope is very good at low power with the 20 mm and also very good with an ES 24 mm,however the latter eyepiece,is very heavy and a bit too heavy for the camera tripod.

I'm very pleased with my purchase and can't wait to try it out on the night sky as soon as the weather clears.Great fun putting it back into the nice backpack for traveling or just storing.
on June 6, 2017
very unstable
on September 4, 2016
This is definitely a beginner telescope, but that's perfect for us. We really enjoy seeing the moon & star clusters at night & watching birds during the day