Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Doppler $139.99 All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis dm3 Shop Now toystl17_gno_dm3

Style: Travel Scope 70 with Backpack|Change

Showing 1-10 of 840 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 922 reviews
on December 4, 2014
Amazing telescope. I have used a number of telescopes and this is one of the best based on flexibility, ease of use and performance. When mounted on a simple Eq. tracking mount I am getting better pictures than with my C925 that has been a significant source of disappointment. For this price there is no better telescope in the market.

Just edited my original review to add a few photos I took last winter, including lovely comet Lovejoy. These photos are from a really dark place and were processed with Photoshop. However, I just needed a 1-minute exposure at 6400 ISO with my Canon DSLR connected directly to the rear of the telescope (no diagonal). Then I mounted the telescope on a regular Eq. Mount (an additional advantage of this telescope is that it is very light so no heavy duty mount is required... however it needs to be properly aligned and you need to be careful not to touch the camera, telescope or mount when taking a photo to avoid vibration). When I bought this telescope I was needing the equivalent of a 400mm to 600mm lens for my Canon DSLR. These lenses cost several thousand dollars so I bought instead this telescope as it was a very low risk investment compared to the potential benefits. As you can see it really paid off....
3939 comments| 962 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 11, 2016
For the price this is a steal! Got this telescope for my grandfather for his birthday. He is outside a lot on the patio at night and always watches the stars so I figured it was time to give him, what he never knew, he always wanted. A great beginner scope! After focusing the scope properly and taking a glance at the moon it almost feels like you could reach out and grab it. Wonderful!
on May 8, 2017
I am gradually slowly moving up through scopes. This is a great scope to learn on. I can easily pick up Jupiter with this scope. If you want to see great detail you have to buy a Barlow lens. If you are a beginner, this is a perfect scope to start with and learn the hobby. I have a energetic 3 year old who loves the moon. I like the fact that if he breaks this I'm not out on a lot of money. And he can see the moon whenever he wants!!!
on March 11, 2017
I bought this for my 12 year old sons birthday based on the reviews that this is a great beginners telescope. He was so excited and immediately went outside to look at the moon- he was able to use the viewfinder and had the telescope focused in less than 5 minutes. The tripod is unstable which per other reviews we expected but all in all a great purchase.
on March 19, 2017
Not a fan of this at all. We cannot even get it to focus after hours of trying to look at the moon. Even took it to someone that moon gazes recreationally and he could not get it to focus out. its very unstable on the tripod too.
on November 26, 2016
Fair starter telescope. Tri-Pod is not very good,flimsey. Needs 2 control knobs and the alt/azimith dials roll back when you try to adjust them for accuracy. The optics are good. A good "point and Shoot" beginning telescope.
on May 9, 2017
purchased for my 8 year old grandson and he absolutely loved it. Found the moon and jupiter the first night and the next day was zoned in on some birds and distant towers. Great buy. A good beginner scope.
on December 8, 2016
My granddaughter love's it. She is exploring new stars nightly
on April 18, 2017
Great birthday present received by my husband!
on June 23, 2017
Not as easy to set up as I thought. The DVD that came with the telescope was defective. So I went to YouTube to get a tutorial. Only tutorial there had his volume down so low you couldn't hear him. Another set up tutorial on YouTube had no volume at all. No info at Celestron website. I have all these pieces and don't know what to do with them. The manual that came with telescope pathetic. Wondering if someone can provide me with a link on how to set up this telescope.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.