Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now HTL17_gno

Celestron 21035 70mm Travel Scope
Style: Travel Scope 70 with Backpack|Change

on December 4, 2014
Amazing telescope. I have used a number of telescopes and this is one of the best based on flexibility, ease of use and performance. When mounted on a simple Eq. tracking mount I am getting better pictures than with my C925 that has been a significant source of disappointment. For this price there is no better telescope in the market.

Just edited my original review to add a few photos I took last winter, including lovely comet Lovejoy. These photos are from a really dark place and were processed with Photoshop. However, I just needed a 1-minute exposure at 6400 ISO with my Canon DSLR connected directly to the rear of the telescope (no diagonal). Then I mounted the telescope on a regular Eq. Mount (an additional advantage of this telescope is that it is very light so no heavy duty mount is required... however it needs to be properly aligned and you need to be careful not to touch the camera, telescope or mount when taking a photo to avoid vibration). When I bought this telescope I was needing the equivalent of a 400mm to 600mm lens for my Canon DSLR. These lenses cost several thousand dollars so I bought instead this telescope as it was a very low risk investment compared to the potential benefits. As you can see it really paid off....
4545 comments| 1,132 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 20, 2017
Lots of value here for the price. Great starter kit. I just purchased it to try and get some eclipse photos and knew I didn't need much but was surprised at the decent quality for a low price. I purchased a cell phone camera mount for this as well so now when I see any delinquents across the street causing trouble I can video and shoot pictures of them 300 yards away and they won't even know it.
on October 8, 2017
decent scope but the mount is terrible (due to both its type and construction), enough so that I can't really recommend this. Mount is annoying to use and impossible to adjust. Our main telescope is a 6" Orion dobsonian, w/o having used others besides these 2 I'd recommend a 4.5" dobsonian as a good starter as it is much more portable than a 6" and a dobsonian mount is very easy to use and adjust. That or try to find a different scope w/ a much more substantial mount (preferably equatorial for easy manual tracking).
I wanted a telescope that would grow with my grandkid who was turning 8 and this was one of her birthday gifts. In making this choice, I turned to the reviews left by fellow Amazon reviewers. This telescope elicited mostly favorable responses and convinced me that with all its features it would be a good buy.
As it turned out, I am glad I turned to the reviews. My greatest concern was the tripod but it is stable yet light enough to not be cumbersome and is easy to use and set up. The magnification/optics are good and produces a detailed view of the night sky, stars, etc. Best feature of all is the response from my grand daughter. She drags her dad to the park near their home and is really enjoying this telescope. However, I suggest you read Amazon's description that convinced me it was easy to use and had a lot of features that could grow with the child.
The truth is this is not really a toy. It is a learning experience. My grandkid is learning about the planets and the stars. She has been dragging her parents to the planetarium in the city and learning a lot which carries over to using this telescope. If treated kindly, this telescope should last for years. It is fairly well made considering its modest price. Included is a backpack/case that offers good protection and makes it conveniently portable.
The only thing that I can add is that this works far better in the country without the interference of city lights. The view is better in the country without mechanical interferences and really couldn't be more lovely.
on October 9, 2017
Purchased for wife she had wanted one since she was a kid. Worms great for use in our back yard and deck.
on October 9, 2017
So far my son has been enjoying it to look at the moon. It’s a good telescope to start out with and it serves it purpose.
on October 14, 2017
My son has a love of looking into the future which he believes the space so he enjoys his telescope when he has ordered his grandparents due to the living in the country there are no City Lights to make it difficult to use.
on June 4, 2014
Don't expect to be able to look at anything other than the moon but as long as you know that, it is great. I use it all the time, really convenient to pull out on a whim and check out the moon. It very well may be able to find stars and whatnot but the stand is too flimsy to actually be able to locate one and keep it there. I bought a Barlow magnifying lense but I think that this scope is too weak to focus it. Or I'm just using it wrong, which very welll may be the case. Regardless, for what it is and the price, it's a great buy and I'm thankful I did. I will upgrade eventually but will always keep this around just for fun and impressing friends who've never looked at the moon up close before.
on June 29, 2017
It was a gift for one of muy granddaughters and she loves it.
on August 4, 2017
Maybe for modern day sniping..but not too good for stars..