Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 33 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 37 reviews
on July 19, 2011
I mainly chose these binoculars because of price point, size. The positive reviews gave me some confidence in the quality and Celestron is perhaps best know for their telescopes, so I did not think they would be that bad. The glass is rated BK-7 which is not the best but is very good. To Focus the binoculars you close your right eye and adjust the center focus adjustment while looking through the binoculars with you left eye. Once adjusted; close your left eye and adjust the Diopter (near the eyepiece) while looking through the binoculars with your right eye. Then you got it. Once you have done this; you should just be able to adjust the center focus depending on the objects distance. The 10X magnification is great with slightly steady hands. My wife was also impressed with the quality feel of this binocular. I do not recommend if you wear glasses, as the eye relief is extremely close (about 10mm?). They have a better optical quality and construction than a Tasco and Simmons binocular brand I own. I would say the optical clarity is impressive for the cost of this set. 10x magnification in a fairly small size. Water resistant. Great optical quality. Replaceable cost if lost, stolen or damaged. A GREAT value that will magnify your surroundings, Without breaking your bank account. I do not regret my purchase and certainly recommend. I'm actually trying to purchase another set. Thanks.
on August 8, 2011
I got a pair of these Celestron binocs, for my day-pack.
I got a (similar price/specs) pair of Bushnell, for my 3-day pack.
This celestron model is smaller, lighter, clearer, brighter, better !!
The Bushnells were 25% more expensive, heavier, bigger, and had worse glass.
These are easier to mount and focus ... they stow (and deploy) better (than my Bushnells).
These Celestrons also focus very close ... much closer than most binocs.
They really feel good, in the hand and to my eyes. Ergos just rock !
NO COMPLAINTS AT ALL ! ... Compact, light, rugged and VERY affordable.
Nothing not to love. Especially at this amazing price. Even the case is just great !
I SO wish I had got two pair of these ! ... HEY ! ... I think I WILL get a 2nd pair !
(And pass my Bushnells along to my 18 yo daughter, for HER pack).

Great job (on this model) Celestron ! Thanks !
on January 8, 2012
I have to say that these little binoculars really surprised me. For what they cost they really are a great bang for your buck. I purchased a couple of these for a concert but my girlfriend and I keep grabbing them to check out the wildlife that frequents the neighborhood. I have to say that I am really pleased with my purchase and I would recommend these to anyone who wants a small set of grab-n-go binos laying around the house. These would also be awesome for a kid. Not expensive so if they break, no big deal, but really deliver so you don't have to worry about offending the kid you are offering them to. I'm giving these 5 stars because they are a delightful value. Probably going to end up purchasing a couple more to give to friends.

The only con: the lanyard as mentioned by others, but I don't really use it.

Update: still using these a lot, but one small gripe: There is some grease (inside the barrel) that makes its way from the internal focuser onto the lens. For example, when you go to clean the lens, every now and then you'll get a nice smear of grease across the lens that was picked up by the cloth at the edge. Kind of a pain to clean after.
on October 5, 2016
Large binoculars allow you to adjust them for what's called your interpupilary distance (IPD)/ On tiny binos like these, they may be adjustable but not enough. Your IPD is the distance from the center of one eye to the center of another. You can measure your IPD with the help of a friend or, if you wear glasses, you can ask your optometrist or eye doctor to do so.

When I got these I ended up giving them to a small-headed friend. It turns out my IPD is 68 mm. That's too big for these binos Unfortunately the recommended IPD is not included in the specs.
on May 8, 2012
I got a pair of these because I was thinking about taking up bird watching, but I didn't want to invest a lot of money in something I might end up having no interest in. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of these binoculars given what I paid for them (less than $15). They probably won't compete with a $100+ pair of binoculars but for the price, these seem like they'd be hard to beat. Build quality is solid and the optics are reasonably sharp. So far, I can find no fault with these and have been using them for about a month.
on June 27, 2011
For a entry level binocular this is simply an amazing value. We have purchased 8 pair so far for friends and family. They make terrific gifts.

We compared the ($10-13 from Amazon) Celestron 10x25 Water resistant UpClose Roof Prism Binocular to our Nikon Binoculars ($120) of the similar construction and specifications (10x25). The Celestron compared favorably in every aspect except one. The Nikon can focus closer.

The Celestron can focus in to about 18 feet but not closer. For many uses this is a non-issue. But for birding we often hope to get closer.
on July 10, 2013
These binoculars never really worked. You have to adjust manually and it's really hard to get the correct setting, if you change your position slightly you have to adjust them again. It just gives you a headache and dizziness. Save the money and purchase a better item, these ended in the garbage.
on September 15, 2011
I bought this pair of binoculars for our 9 1/2 year old grandson to use, mainly, when camping. This is a nice set of binoculars and I think he is going to really enjoy using them. It has a 10x zoom which is fantastic for this price range product! I would recommend these to other consumers. Also, very affordable.
on March 28, 2011
This is a great pair of binoculars! Easy to focus and easy to use. It comes with a well made carrying case that has an attached loop on the back of the case (Velcro closure on the front), an attached lanyard on the binoculars, and lens wiping cloth. The binoculars would easily fit into a purse or bag. We bought 2 pairs and my husband, who used binoculars a lot when he was in the military, likes this one as well. This is a great product at a great price!
on September 1, 2011
When I bought these binoculars I wasn't completely sure what I was getting but on arrival the first thing I noticed was how well it was packaged. They were nice an snug in there box with packing foam and everything.The next thing I noticed was the weight. They were heavier than I expected which to me meant quality but they are light enough to carry with you all day long. Next the grip felt so nice not at all like a plastic covering you might find on most products at this price range. Last I took a look through the lens and they are so clear. I normally have a problem with most binoculars because I where glasses but that wasn't the case with these. to some it up they are a great buy for the price.