3 Year Portable Electronic Accident Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- NO ADDITIONAL COST: You pay $0 for repairs – parts, labor and shipping included.
- COVERAGE: Plan starts on the date of purchase. Drops, spills and cracked screens due to normal use covered from day one. Malfunctions covered after the manufacturer's warranty.
- EXPERT TECH HELP: Real experts available 24/7 to help with set-up, connectivity issues, troubleshooting and much more.
- PRODUCT ELIGIBILITY: Plans cover products purchased in the last 30 days.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online or by phone. Most claims approved within minutes. We will send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price of your covered product. In some cases, we will replace or repair it.
Celestron – Outland X 10x50 Binoculars – Waterproof & Fogproof – Binoculars for Adults – Multi-Coated Optics and BaK-4 Prisms – Protective Rubber Armoring, Black
|Price:||& FREE Shipping. Details & FREE Returns|
|You Save:||$6.96 (6%)|
|Model Name||Outland X 10x50|
|Water Resistance Level||Waterproof|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- MULTI-COATED OPTICS AND BaK-4 PRISMS: Multi-coated optics help obtain high resolution and high contrast views, while the prisms made of BaK-4 glass will give you enhanced color fidelity. Enjoy crisp, detailed views and dependable performance with our Outland X all-around binocular
- WATERPROOF AND FOGPROOF: Designed to withstand all weather conditions, our Outland X compact binoculars have been filled and sealed with dry nitrogen gas for rigorous outdoor use without internal fogging of the lenses
- PROTECTIVE RUBBER COVERING: Our binocular is both durable and well-armored; its rugged exterior ensures protection from all outdoor elements while providing a secure, anti-slip gripping surface. The Outland X is also a great birdwatching binocular
- TWIST-UP EYECUPS FOR QUICK ADJUSTMENT: Large focus knobs make for easy and precise focusing, and twist-up eyecups allow for quick adjustment of eye relief to obtain a full field of view. Eyecups can be easily positioned for use with or without eyeglasses
- UNBEATABLE WARRANTY AND CUSTOMER SUPPORT: Buy with confidence from the world’s #1 telescope brand and a leading sport optics manufacturer, based in California since 1960. You’ll also receive a Limited Lifetime warranty and unlimited access to technical support from our team of US-based experts.
Consider this Amazon's Choice product that delivers quickly
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Outland X 10x50 Binocular
From the trail to the ballpark to the concert hall, Outland X is your ideal all-around binocular. Enjoy crisp, detailed views and dependable performance.
A neck strap, objective lens caps, eyepiece rainguard, durable carrying case, lens cloth, and instruction manual are all included.
Compare these Products
Compare with similar items
Celestron's mid-sized Outland X Series was designed to meet the needs of every outdoor enthusiast. Multi-coated optics help obtain the highest resolution and contrast views, while the prisms made of BaK-4 glass provide you with sharp and enhanced color fidelity for an exceptional viewing experience. A protected rubber-coated exterior allows for rough and tough handling in all-weather environments, as it provides extra protection from outdoor elements as well as a secure, anti-slip gripping surface. Your Outland X binoculars will last for years to come!
Comfortable straps have been pre-attached to the binoculars for easy ready-to-go use, and the objective lens covers are semi-attached so they don't get lost. Tripod adapter threads are also included in case you’d like to attach your binocular to an adapter and tripod (sold separately) for extended viewing sessions. All in all, this binocular offers a lightweight, ergonomic form factor designed for maximum comfort.
The Outland X is a great birdwatching binocular for adults. Our binoculars include a wide, comfortable binocular strap and a soft, moisture-resistant neoprene carrying case.
Buy with confidence from the world’s #1 telescope brand and a leading sport optics manufacturer, based in California since 1960. You’ll also receive a Limited Lifetime warranty and unlimited access to technical support from our team of US-based experts. Enjoy your new Celestron Outland X binoculars!
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
All of the components work fairly well, except that the eye cup distance adjustment is a little too sensitive. When placing on the rubber eyepiece cover, it will turn/adjust them. You will need them set to maximum if you rest them against your eyes, or set to minimum if you wear glasses.
These are pretty good for birdwatching and low-light use.
For birdwatching, you want a low magnification such as 7-8, which will allow you to focus closely and have a large field of view so you can easily track movement. For night/low light use, you want the largest objective lens possible, to let a lot of light in. 42mm is fairly large for objective lenses (7x50 would be better, but you would have to switch to a porro-prism design which results in a full sized/heavy binocular.
If you want binoculars for looking at stars, I would suggest getting the 10x42 version as a minimum. A large objective lens and large zoom will help a lot. So you may want to consider a zoom binocular with a tripod. A telescope would be even better :3
These are 8x42, which is fairly uncommon, and on the large size for a BAK-4 setup. 8x is perfect for a large FOV and a close focal length (it's something like 9 feet to infinity). The large 42 objective lens is fairly large, which gives you good vision in low-light conditions, as well as further expanding the FOV. BAK-4 is going to give you the best quality, which is quite noticeable compared to other BAK prisms, or the cheaper Porro prisms.
I suspect that these are from the same Chinese manufacturer as many of the generic unbranded/fakebranded 8-10x48 BAK-4 binocs floating around, that run 60$ -80$ range. The company logo is a plastic sticker on a removable nut. The "outlandx" lettering wipes right off with your finger. Even if they are from the same factory, the pricing here is fair, and generally US based companies will do their own QC to weed out any of the lower-end units that will slip through with the cheaper brands. Re-branding aside, the overall quality is quite good. The housing is completely wrapped in a thick rubber shell. It's glued down fairly well and should provide plenty of durability. The lenses are clear, and they are sealed/waterproofed, so you don't have to worry about particles/humidity ever appearing in them.
You can mount it to a tripod if you wish, by unscrewing the logo cap.
The objective lens covers have a ring to hold them on to the binoculars, and are tight enough that they won't fall off when flipped down.
The eyepiece cover is flexible, and split on one side. You can easily tie a lanyard (like paracord) around the unsplit side, and clip that to the included neck strap, so you won't have to worry about losing it.
The included neck strap is fine, and will adjust short enough to let you carry these high on your chest, or low at your waist.
The included bag is is padded, and decently made. It has a clip-on strap and two D-rings. There is also a pocket where you can keep a small booklet, or the microfiber cleaning cloth.
Good quality images/views for what they offer
My 9-11 year olds enjoyed them and found easy to use.
Comfortable but a bit heavy
-They produce dark images - not enough light gets in causing quicker eye fatigue especially in the earlier mornings and twilight.
-Right eye piece is adjustable for custom visual fit, however it seems to easily go out of focus from one day to the next.
- Focus is not fine enough. I find it very easy to roll past my focus point and have to “back up” and refocus. I have very good manual dexterity and fine motor skills but still experience challenges getting to my image quickly.
I think these would make an excellent pair of binos for a kid interested in birding, possibly a new birder, or as an extra pair to loan a friend if your going to introduce someone to birding. BUT I’d be cautious and forewarn the user that these binos are a bit “tempemental” and adjusting takes a bit of rolling back and forth with. I’m in the market for a second pair of binos to keep by another birding window of my house and am hesitant to buy a second pair.