Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $24.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo Show Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Just Dance 2018 Shop Now HTL17_gno

Celestron 93317 Omni Series 1.25" (6mm) Eyepiece
Style: Omni Eyepiece|Size: 1.25" 6 mm|Change

on October 6, 2016
Buy this! This EP has been the missing link to me being able to see clearly the stars in the sky. I bought into the "value assortment" pack and I regretted it sorely. I almost gave up my scope because I could not see anything cool. Well I buckled down and bought the 7mm first and WOW. I saw the bands on Jupiter and rings on Saturn crisp and clear! I was so happy with the purchase I then bought the 25mm to replace my stock plossil. This line of EP's rivals the more expensive brands and so if you want quality with an affordible price then I highly recommend the X-Cel LX.
on January 5, 2014
wide viewing angle. excellent clarity. I use it with my Celestron 8 inch sc for observation in substitution of the original Ploss. others are good as double the price. Made to long lást
review imagereview imagereview image
on March 21, 2014
The X-Cel LX series eyepieces are a fantastic bargain! They are not as good as a Nagler or Pentax but for the price you can't get better. Nice large EP's with twist up eye cups, very good eye relief, great F.O.V., the 25mm is a sky sweeper. I use this EP as my star hopping and navigation piece then move to smaller EP after I find object. Little heavy but all around a nice EP!
on April 19, 2014
I am a new (self teaching) astronomer who made the jump from a tiny cheap beginners Dobsonian to a reflector with an equatorial mount (I got the Celestron 127EQ PowerSeeker Telescope). The learning curve was steep and I still don't know how to properly polar align it but I am enjoying tinkering. I point and shoot and so far have seen Jupiter, Mars and Saturn. I compared this to the eyepieces that came stock with my telescope and this thing is leaps and bounds better! It is relatively a wide field of view which just means I can see a bigger piece of the sky to help get oriented with my target. It is heavy and well made and the images come through crisp and clear. I have fitted it with my lunar filter and my Celestron Omni 2X Barlow Lens still manages to give a better image than the cheap standard ones. If you are too poor to be a fancy astronomer but still want to have some good parts I recommend this one!
on January 28, 2015
I love the clarity of this eyepiece. I have a Celestron 6SE and I found that my 32mm eyepiece was no sufficient for viewing object such as the Pleiades. This one does the job quite nicely. It is clearly a better quality eyepiece than the ones that come in the 4 lens plossl set. The eye relief is quite good as well. I am seriously considering upgrading all of my lenses to this line.
VINE VOICEon July 5, 2014
The quality of this eyepiece is very nice, which you would expect from Celestron's Lx line. I have a 6 inch dobsonian that I am using this in. That said the extreme magnification this eyepiece provides can provide some challenges. It's great for view the moon because its a big target and you can really get some good detail of the craters and lunar features. But for planets and such, getting a view a can be challenging. However this is not the eyepiece's fault, this is a limitation of a dobsonian telescope because it is not motorized and everything in the sky is moving. If you can get the planet in the eyepiece (and it can be done) you will be treated to a nice if not a bit dim view of the object. I would say for bigger telescopes and motorized telescopes this a good addition. Foir smaller telescopes, meaning less than 6 inch aperture, you might be a bit disappointed.
on March 25, 2014
I purchased the Celestron Omni Series 32 mm eyepiece for use on my 6 inch,F8.3, Newtonian reflector scope. The goal was to have a low power eyepiece with an exit pupil around 3.5 to 4 mm so as not to be too large to enter my pupil when semi dark adapted. A large apparent field was also desired and all this at a reasonable price. The reviews of the Celestron Omni Series 32 mm eyepiece were almost all positive so I thought I'd give it a try. After a couple of hours use, I like it very much. The real field of view on my scope, measured by a equatorial star drift, is 1.2 degrees. The power comes out to 39.7X which is nice for viewing large open clusters and nebula (M-35, Pleiades, M-42 etc). The eyepiece is well made, comes with a short rubber eye cup to keep out stray light an a nice knurled rubber grip. All optical surfaces are coated and I saw no internal reflections or ghost images on bright objects like Venus and the moon. Star images were sharp to almost the edge of the field where they developed a small amount of distortion, but not enough to ruin the effect of the large field of view.This eyepiece is certainly worth the price.
on June 29, 2016
This is a decent EP for the price. Views are not quite as sharp and flat as a more expensive EP, but that was expected. I needed a very short EP for a TV-76, and there were not many options in the <3 mm range. But having said all that, this is the weakest EP in my collection and I kind of wish I had spent more money.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 11, 2015
I’ve always used the eyepieces that come with the telescope. They are usually an economy plossl of some kind or another. I had the mirror on my 10” Dobsonian resurfaced with a higher reflectivity coating (98%) and reasoned that better eyepieces were in order.
I did my due diligence and purchased some Celestron X-cel LXs.
These are amazing, bang for buck I don’t know how you’d beat them.
on August 26, 2014
I use this eyepiece for detailed views of relatively bright objects. Everything from planets to planetary nebulae to globular clusters and even the brighter diffuse nebulae look great in this with my 8 inch SCT.

It's not perfect, however, and there is a good deal of glow around bright objects. However, I was able to see Triton around Neptune with averted vision, which should have been just at the limit of my ability to see at all, so the light is definitely getting through.

I wish I could give it 4.5 stars, because I'm not sure if the glow is coming from my telescope or this eyepiece. I went with four for now, but if I ever figure out that it was my telescope's fault I will upgrade the rating.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.