Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Celestron 93625 Universal 1.25-inch Camera T-Adapter
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now

Showing 1-10 of 18 reviews(3 star). Show all reviews
on January 7, 2013
Once you realize that you have to put a lens inside this before you attach it to your camera, it works great! If you didn't realize that, or didn't realize that there should be directions included (Gee, there's a concept), than you would think this is a horrible investment. Now that I figured out I needed to put a lens in there before attaching it to my camera, I'm very happy!
review image review image review image
1515 comments| 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 15, 2014
I'm able to use a Sony NEX VG10 with this adapter. I've done lots of playing with it and used it with Takumar SMC lenses. You will get nice photos and if your camera has HDMI out, then you can monitor everything on a big screen. Comes in handy when I have family over since everyone wants a turn at the telescope.
on July 31, 2012
Pros:
- Solid Construction, screwed right onto my t-ring with no difficulty.

Cons:
- Didn't work with my Celestron Starseeker 114 reflector telescope. The focal point of the camera and the focal point of the scope were nowhere near each-other.

Bottom Line:
Celestron makes a different model (Model # 93640) that includes a 2x barlow lens that will allow the camera to focus on the image the telescope is seeing. 3 stars, mainly because they should have either included that in the box, or removed the 'universal' moniker.
on May 16, 2014
This part goes in your telescope in place of your eyepiece. It attaches to the T-ring (purchased separately) so you can fit your camera on to your telescope to begin taking pictures of the night sky! I found this piece good, but its very short, I wish it had further adjustment, other than just what the telescope provides, in order to really get your images at the correct focal point. I had difficulty getting the moon in focus using this with the Celestron T-ring for my Nikon D60 mounted on a Celestron PowerSeeker 114EQ. Other than that, its a good starting point for beginning with astrophotography.
on August 17, 2015
As stated in other reviews, the 1.25" dimension is really 1.12" ID. This will not fit on my Tasco spotting scope, which has an eyepiece diameter of 1.25 real inches (Not owning a telescope, I wasn't aware of the casual usage of the 1.25" diameter designation). However, the camera mount did fit nicely on my Canon 20D. As other reviews state, this items also requires a lens relocation from your telescope, or a Barlow to achieve proper relief.

Vendor should consider providing a more detailed description of how to make the product effective to avoid returns.
on May 17, 2012
Works fine for what it is proposed to do. However I wish it had a 1x lens to focus onto. Not sure if it was me or the lack of lens but only way i could avoid see the guts of my telescope was to use a Barlow.
on May 4, 2012
This is a great adaptor, HOWEVER it is not in my opinion a complete adaptor. I purchased this thinking that I could use it with my Nikon DSLR camera, and realized after an hour of setting up my telescope and getting it zeroed in, this does NOT attach to the camera, and you need an ADDITIONAL adaptor that fits into this one for your camera ring. These are specific to your camera so I understand that you can't sell a "universal" kit, but it would have been nice to know that up front.
on February 2, 2012
I'd imagine the lens is quite good, but unfortunately the focal length doesn't allow me to take pictures. Please verify that your telescope + camera will accommodate the focal length, or consider getting a different T-adapter with built-in 2" lens.
on June 27, 2015
Not what I thought it was. Needed to mount to my Nikon D3200 to my Celestron Telescope and this did not fit the camera. Good delivery time tho
on September 28, 2013
Do not expect too much out of the product. The adapter works, however its kind of flimsy. For the price however, I kind complaint too much.