Top positive review
5 people found this helpful
- The 15mm one is much better than the eyepiece that came with the original scope ...
on August 26, 2017
For my first review im giving it 4 stars, but that may change upon multiple viewings:
- The 15mm one is much better than the eyepiece that came with the original scope i got (powerseeker 114eq, 20mm). I really liked the relief on it, and the detail was much better.
- The 6mm is a bit of a downer, not due to quality but due to relief. Quality i could not gauge yet.
- The x2 barlow is nice, and with the x3 barlow that makes the 4 i have (20mm, 15mm, 6mm, 4mm) into many more. I havent gauged the 15mm with a x2, and x3, but these combination might bridge the gap between 15mm and 6mm eyepieces.
- Filters are gimmicks, unless you go into photography, moon filter is nice, the moon is VERY overpowering.
Its more of a general issue i have. With some of those optics, i feel its like what printer vendors do: they sell printers cheap, and the big bucks is on the ink. The optics that come with the scope are not good. 4mm is nearly unusable, and i actually x3 barllowed it and it worked, but the relief is horrible. The 20mm is meh.
Get this set if you are not willing to shell money on a high end set, but after getting it, i KNOW i will be using the 15mm most of the time, the moon filter for full moon observations, the x2 barlow for zooming and 6mm.. ill give it another shot.