Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Celestron EclipSmart 10x25 Solar Binocular
|Price:||$32.95 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$2.00 (6%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Premium EclipSmart Solar Binoculars featuring Solar Safe filter technology for guaranteed safe observation of the Sun
- Dual lens non-removable glass solar filters fully meet ISO12312-2 - Safe viewing of the sun when used in accordance with the included instructions
- The generous field of view allows users the ability to easily locate and view the entire solar disk while observing
- Observe the natural details of the Sun, including daily sunspot activity
- Durable and rugged for protection during use and storage provided by the rubber armored aluminum body
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
|Field Of View||288 feet|
|Item Dimensions||2.7 x 3.7 x 5.7 inches|
|Item Weight||0.72 pounds|
|Shipping Weight||0.75 pounds|
Compare to similar items
This item Celestron EclipSmart 10x25 Solar Binocular
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Adorama Camera||iSave||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||3.7 x 5.7 x 2.7 in||7.5 x 7.25 x 3.5 in||2.25 x 5.5 x 5 in||8.1 x 2.8 x 8.25 in||4 x 9 x 10 in||7 x 12 x 16 in|
|Item Weight||0.72 lb||1.8 lbs||1.5 lbs||3.3 lbs||3.3 lbs||5.86 lbs|
|Objective Lens Diameter||—||—||42||60||56 millimeters||80 millimeters|
When looking for premium performance and superior safety in optics the EclipSmart line is the only option. Celestron is proud to present this new line of innovative solar viewing products and get you ready for the 2017 Solar Eclipse! Whether eclipse viewing on August 21, 2017 or general solar viewing, this line of products is the one for you. SOLAR SAFE TECHNOLOGY EclipSmart solar products feature Solar Safe filter technology providing the ultimate protection from harmful solar radiation, including both IR and UV light, and filters 99.999% of intense visible light. Celestron Solar Safe filter technology is GUARANTEED SAFE for direct solar observation and has been independently tested by SAI Global Assurance Services. Solar Safe products conform to and meet the transmission requirements of ISO 12312-2, Filters for Direct Observation of the Sun, EN 1836:2005 + A1:2007 (E) for an E15 Filter for the Direct Observation of the Sun and, AS/NZS 1338.1:2012, Filters for Eye Protectors. SMALL AND MIGHTY: The Celestron EclipSmart 10x25 mm Solar Binocular is compact in size making it the perfect outdoor companion. The size makes it easy to carry from one viewing location to another and can even fit within a coat pocket! These binoculars also provide a generous field of view allowing for a full image of the solar disk to be seen.
Top customer reviews
The Binoculars are very well made with a durable metal construction and rubberized skins to keep it cool while observing the Sun even over extended periods of time. The optics are exceptionally clear and crisp. Because there is no reference point you can visually see when using the binoculars, finding the Sun is a bit of a challenge the first few times for new users but once you give them ergonomic advice it becomes second nature.
Having had eye surgery I was happy to see that these binoculars do have a center focus with a diopter adjustment on the right eye. I was able to dial in focus to get a nice sharp image and I was able to resolve medium sized or larger sunspots with ease….We just need more of them!
While the binoculars work fantastically there are some points that I was not super keen on and can probably be addressed on future models:
• Since these are for solar observing they would have been much better if they had deeper or adjustable eyecups. Many first timers find
themselves looking at their own reflection at first because of the stay light filtering in around the ends.
• The thin rope style neck strap is not easily replaceable and would be better suited to have had a better designed removable system.
• Celestron should have taken advantage of its signature Orange color and have rubberized these binoculars in Orange rather than black to help
distinguish these as solar observing binoculars. People looking at you observing may assume that you are using normal binoculars and try to
mimic these actions with their own equipment, not realizing the differences.
All that said these are a definite plus and I look forward to buying more for outreach as we get closer to August. The price makes it easily affordable and the compact size and included pouch make it portable and accessible at any time. Kudos Celestron on another top notch product.
Although I purchased the binoculars for the 2017 solar eclipse, these binoculars are also useful before and after the solar eclipse. If you are interested in following sunspots year-round, this is the least expensive way to observe the sun.
- Excellent optics.
- The filters render a pleasing color and level of brightness. You could view the sun for a while without eye strain (although, I recommend placing a shroud over you to block out the sunlight around you).
- Smooth center focus control with right eye diopter adjustment (for people of eyes that focus differently).
- Very high-quality design, fit/finish.
- They feel very solid and thanks to the rubberized skin, easy to grip.
- Tripod adapter mount! Unscrew the cap with the Celestron logo (in front of the center focus) and purchase an inexpensive Binocular tripod adapter. With the adapter, you will be able to lock its position on the sun to allow casual observers to view the sun without the difficulty of manually looking for the sun.
- I am rather surprised that Celestron didn't label these binoculars so that they stand out as obvious solar binoculars. I imagine that people will easily assume that you are crazy for looking at the sun with regular-looking binoculars. Or worse, accidentally encourage a less knowledgeable person to mimic you with regular binoculars. :-O
- The filters are not removable... or at least, not easily removable. This isn't necessarily a 'con'. In fact, it is probably good that the binoculars have this single purpose, in order to avoid one from making a foolish and permanently damaging mistake.
- Considering their purpose, it would have been nice for Celestron to include the tripod adapter.
Overall, I am very pleased with this purchase and looking forward to using them in Wyoming, for a public viewing.
*EYE DAMAGE WARNING*
Question: Why can't I use regular binoculars to view the sun if I am wearing protective solar eclipse glasses?
More than once, I've been asked if one can use regular binoculars to look at the sun if they are wearing solar eclipse glasses. I cannot emphasise this enough... NO, NO, NO! You cannot do that! Attempting to do so will cause irreversible damage to your eyes because regular binoculars will concentrate enough sunlight to instantly burn through ANY solar eclipse glasses. If you wish to have a closer view of the sun, you must purchase specially made binoculars, designed to filter the sunlight BEFORE it enters the optics. I hope this public service warning will save, at least, one person's vision. :)
*EYE DAMAGE WARNING*
Most recent customer reviews
A great view of the sun, 10 times as large and close-up as with a pair of solar glasses.Read more