Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Celestron Eyepiece and Filter Kit - 14 Piece Teles..." and save 25% off the $159.95 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $0.24 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Celestron Eyepiece and Filter Kit – 14 Piece Telescope Accessory Set
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Five superior grade Plossl eyepieces, all fully multi-coated for maximum contrast and resolution
- 2x, 1.25-inch Barlow lens gives you a total of ten power combinations
- Six colored eyepiece (planetary) filters.A tight fit is better, so remove the least amount of foam possible before testing the fit
- 1.25-inch Moon filter provides maximum enjoyment of the moon especially during the brighter phases
- Items in this kit are valued at over $700.00 if purchased separately
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
This 14-piece accessory kit includes eyepieces and filters that will add new life to your telescope and observing adventures! The kit is housed in a metal, foam-lined carrying case perfect for organizing each piece and keeping the kit safe. With this kit, you’ll receive five quality Plossl eyepieces, a 2x Barlow lens, six colored filters for improved planet observation, and a Moon filter to dim the brightness of the Moon while increasing the contrast and your overall enjoyment of lunar observations.
The Celestron Accessory Kit hosts five Plossl eyepieces that can be used in any telescope with a 1.25 inch focuser. Each eyepiece features a four-element design with a 52º apparent field of view. The eyepieces are also fully multi-coated, which works to improve light transmission and protects the optics. The 32mm Plossl eyepiece provides a wide field view, the 13mm and 17mm focal lengths provide medium-power oculars, and the 8mm and 6mm eyepieces offer high magnifications, perfect for viewing the moon and planets.
2x Barlow Lens
Double the magnification of any 1.25 inch eyepiece with the 2x Barlow lens included in this kit. All five eyepieces included in the Celestron Accessory Kit can be enhanced with the use of this lens, providing you with up to ten magnified viewing options. These high magnification levels may not always produce clear and sharp images, especially on evenings of poor or moderate conditions. It’s best to experiment with the different eyepieces to establish the best magnification for viewing on that particular night.
The colored filters are perfect for bringing out various details on a planet’s surface or its cloud structure. A Moon filter is also included within the set, which assists in blocking a portion of the moonlight allowing for more details to be seen. All of the filters included in the accessory kit are compatible with any 1.25 inch eyepiece. Simply screw the filter onto the eyepiece, slide the eyepiece into the focuser, and take a look!
Inside the Case
- 32mm Plossl Eyepiece - 1.25”
- 17mm Plossl Eyepiece - 1.25”
- 13mm Plossl Eyepiece - 1.25”
- 8mm Plossl Eyepiece - 1.25”
- 6mm Plossl Eyepiece - 1.25”
- 2X Barlow Lens - 1.25”
- #80A Blue Filter - 1.25”
- #58A Green Filter - 1.25”
- #56 Light Green Filter - 1.25”
- #25 Red Filter - 1.25”
- #21 Orange Filter - 1.25”
- #12 Yellow Filter - 1.25”
- Moon Filter - 1.25”
Compare with similar items
Celestron 94308 Observers Accessory Kit (Black)
Celestron PowerSeeker Accessory Kit Telescope
Celestron 93230 8 to 24mm 1.25 Zoom Eyepiece
Celestron Collimation Eyepiece 1.25"
Meade Instruments 607001 Series 4000 1.25-Inch Eyepiece and Filter Set (Black)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
Celestron Accessory Kit
From the Manufacturer
The Celestron Accessory Kit contains:
- Five superior-grade 1.25-inch Plössl eyepieces: Four-element design with a 52-degree AFOV, superb color, resolution, edge sharpness, and clarity. All eyepieces are fully multicoated for maximum contrast and resolution. Supplied eyepiece sizes: 6mm, 8mm, 13mm, 17mm, and 32mm.
- Barlow 2X lens: Complements the Plössl eyepieces and gives you a total of 10 power combinations. The highest-grade glass optics with fully multicoated lenses are used, so there is no degradation of image.
- Six colored eyepiece (planetary) filters: Included are Kodak Wratten Nos. 12, 21, 25, 56, 58A, and 80A. Since all the eyepieces necessary to study the planets and moon in detail are provided, these filters will greatly enhance your enjoyment of the solar system.
- Moon filter: A neutral-density filter that allows you maximum enjoyment of the moon, especially during the brighter phases.
- Aluminum carrying case: This sturdy and well-built case fits all of the above items in its die-cut foam interior with room for additional accessories.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
First of all folks, please know that a "lens" is the glass on the business-end of a refractor telescope, or the optic on your CAMERA. The thing you attach to a telescope is called an "EYEPIECE" -- not a "lens".
Secondly, any "set" of eyepieces is generally going to be 90 percent useless. That's because most of the higher powered eyepieces in the set will only get used once or twice -- until you finally realize that high powers are only useful on a telescope if you're in a VERY DARK LOCATION, with almost perfect sky conditions (an extremely rare combination!).
These eyepieces are all 4-element Plossl's -- a very old and very basic design, but very tried-and-true for general observing. The 32mm is the best in the set, and probably the one you'll use the most.
The 2X Barlow is of average quality, but can be very useful -- it'll turn the 32mm into a 16mm without cutting eye-relief (good, if you wear glasses).
The Moon filter is a necessity if you want to do any lunar observing. Only one or two of the color filters will be useful.
So what we have here, is one useful eyepiece, a 2X Barlow, a Moon filter, and a color filter or two -- for which you'd pay a lot less by purchasing just those items SEPERATELY. And if you shop smart, you'll find a high-quality 32mm Plossl and a 2X Barlow -- Televue for example, are hands-down the best production optics available! They're generally more expensive, but well worth the investment.
Celestron makes excellent telescopes!! My 6SE is a remarkable piece of engineering, and has World Class optics. But I use eyepieces of World Class quality to complement it, and I get awesome results.
[NOTE]: These are not Celestron's "Feature" eyepieces -- they are their "accessory" eyepieces, and like Meade's accessory EP's they are only of average quality, and are usually way overpriced, like most Meade/Celestron accessories.
My advice is to save for a Televue 32mm or 25mm Plossl, ($110 to $135 online) and 2X Barlow, ($115) and buy a Moon filter online from a reputable dealer (Orion offers an excellent Moon filter [#05662] for about $15, which I've been using since 1997). It'll all work out to cost a little more, but you'll find that you'll actually use them.
[NOTE]: I rarely use color-filters. But the ones I do use are the Orion #80A and #82A. You won't need much more for general observing.
[TIP]: The best way to store and carry eyepieces, is in "Eyepiece Canisters" -- clear poly screw-top containers made for that purpose. They're available online (I get mine from Oceanside Photo & Telescope) for $2 to $3 each. Put them all in a backpack or travel bag, along with your red flashlight, dew heaters, gloves, and Lance crackers. Much easier!! Better yet, I use a shooter's Range Bag (from MidwayUSA). They have roomy external zippered pockets and internal compartments. Plus they're well padded. Perfect!!
Celestron Accessory Kit
- low cost considering the number of eyepieces and filters you get
- the case is well made with some extra foam inserts that can be removed for things like flashlights or other eyepieces
- contains enough eyepieces to get a wide angled view of the stars/moon or a narrow field of view for planets/galaxies and everything in between.
- the moon filter is a MUST HAVE when viewing the moon with any telescope. This dramatically cuts down the light that gets to your eye (i can only view the moon for 10-30 sec or so without the filter because it is so bright.) The other filters are a bonus to me as I don't often use them.
- the filters are standard and fit all my other eyepieces of the same size
- Obviously not the best glass
- Your eye has to be quite close to some of the smaller eyepieces and must be dead center, otherwise you see a lot of black. I have a few other eyepieces that cost much more than these and they don't strain the eye as much.
- The highest powered eyepieces aren't even worth using, especially if your telescope does not automatically track (objects only stay in your field of view for a few seconds). If you have the money for a nice telescope with a large mirror/lens that can auto track then stay away from these eyepieces as they will limit your viewing experience
I recommend these for amateur astronomers or casual viewers, especially if you are just getting started. Once you find out what your needs are you can easily branch out and add to your collection. If I had to do it all over again, I would still buy this set.