Celestron - NexStar 4SE Telescope - Computerized Telescope for Beginners and Advanced Users - Fully-Automated GoTo Mount - SkyAlign Technology - 40,000+ Celestial Objects - 4-Inch Primary Mirror
|Price:||& FREE Shipping. Details & FREE Returns|
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- NEXSTAR COMPUTERIZED TELESCOPE: The NexStar 4SE Computerized Telescope features Celestron’s iconic orange tube design with updated technology and the latest features for amazing stargazing for beginners and experienced observers.
- 4-INCH APERTURE: The four-inch primary mirror in this Maksutov-Cassegrain telescope for adults and kids to be used together packs enough light-gathering ability to observe the best that our Solar System has to offer, while retaining a compact form factor.
- FULLY-AUTOMATED GOTO MOUNT: Featuring a database of more than 40,000 celestial objects, the GoTo mount built into our telescopes for astronomy beginners automatically locates and tracks objects for you.
- BONUS FREE STARRY NIGHT SOFTWARE: The NexStar 4SE Telescope includes a FREE download of one of the top consumer rated astronomy software programs for an interactive sky simulation.
- UNBEATABLE WARRANTY AND CUSTOMER SUPPORT: Buy with confidence from the world’s #1 telescope brand, based in California since 1960. You’ll also receive a two-year warranty and unlimited access to technical support from our team of US-based experts.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Your Journey Through The Cosmos Begins Here
Celestron’s signature 'orange tube' telescope, designed to deliver one of the best stargazing experience for users of all levels
Fast Setup with SkyAlign
Celestron’s proprietary SkyAlign procedure has you ready to observe in minutes. Center any three bright objects in the eyepiece and NexStar SE aligns to the night sky, ready to locate thousands of stars, galaxies, and more.
The best telescope is the one used often to enjoy the beauty and intrigue of the night sky. For those searching for telescopes for astronomy beginners that are infused with the latest computer technology, Celestron’s NexStar 4SE Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope fits the bill perfectly. The NexStar 4SE Computerized Telescope features Celestron’s iconic “orange tube” design and updated technology with the latest features for amazing stargazing for beginners and experienced observers. Celestron’s signature telescope combines advanced features and excellent optics in one easy-to-use system, the NexStar 4SE. It’s the perfect choice for your first serious telescope, offering striking views at an economical price. The four-inch primary mirror in this computerized telescope packs enough light-gathering ability to observe the best that our Solar System has to offer, from Saturn’s rings to the cloud bands on Jupiter and geographic features on the surface of the Moon. When it comes to deep sky objects, take your 4SE to a dark-sky site and you’ll see hundreds of pinpoint stars in the Hercules Globular Cluster, the spiral arms of the Whirlpool Galaxy, and more. Featuring a database of more than 40,000 celestial objects, the 4SE’s GoTo mount automatically locates and tracks objects for you. You can also take a Sky Tour and let your telescope show you the best objects currently visible. The single fork arm design and sturdy steel tripod all assemble and break down from separate components for easy transportation. SkyAlign technology gets your telescope aligned and ready to observe in minutes. Even if you’re unfamiliar with the night sky, you can easily align your telescope on any 3 bright objects. The NexStar 4SE is a telescope that will grow with you as you advance in the hobby of astronomy. It’s compatible with all the high-tech accessories advanced users love. Provide GPS coordinates to your telescope with SkySync, or add automatic alignment functionality with StarSense AutoAlign. Buy with confidence from the world’s #1 telescope brand, based in California since 1960. You’ll also receive a two-year warranty and unlimited access to technical support from our team of US-based experts.
From the Manufacturer
Featuring high-quality Maksutov-Cassegrain optics, the NexStar 4SE is an ideal telescope for observing and photographing the wonders of space. With a total weight of 21 pounds including the tripod, the ultra portable 4SE features a precision optical system with 1,325mm focal length (f13) and is the first Maksutov system to ever feature our premium StarBright XLT coatings.
The 4SE includes a camera control feature that allows you to remotely take a series of timed exposures using your digital SLR camera. Plus the flip mirror control, straight-through photographic port, and tripod featuring a built-in wedge help make short-exposure astrophotography a heavenly experience.
The NexStar 4SE has all the same features as Celestron's most advanced computerized GoTo telescopes, including our revolutionary SkyAlign alignment technology, a sky tour feature, a database of nearly 40,000 celestial objects, and easy-to-use hand control.
Plug the optional CN-16 GPS accessory into NexStar's auxiliary port and download data from orbiting GPS satellites for truly quick and easy alignments. The universe may be full of mysteries, but using the NexStar 4SE isn't one of them.
In the tradition of Celestron's famous orange optical tubes, the NexStar SE Family combines the classic heritage of the original orange tube telescopes with state-of-the-art features including a fully computerized operating system, flash upgradeable hand control, our superior StarBright XLT coatings, our revolutionary SkyAlign telescope alignment software, and much more.
Whether you are a seasoned astronomer looking for a portable scope with advanced features, or just starting your astronomy adventure and looking for an easy way to enjoy the night sky, a NexStar SE will help you take a closer look. Every NexStar SE includes a version of The Sky software Level 1 Planetarium software for exploring the Universe on your PC and printing out custom star charts of the sky. In addition, you receive our NexRemote software that allows you to operate your telescope via your PC. This software package, valued at over $100, is included free with your NexStar SE!
- 4-inch Maksutov-Cassegrain telescope
- SE combines the classic heritage of the original orange tube telescopes with the latest state-of-the-art features
- StarBright XLT high transmission coatings come standard
- StarPointer finderscope to help with alignment and accurately locating objects
- Internal flip mirror for convenient viewing straight through (with optional diagonal) or at 90 degrees
- Quick-release fork arm mount, optical tube, and accessory tray for no-tool setup
- Sturdy computerized altazimuth mount
- Internal battery compartment to prevent cord wrap during use
- Ultra sturdy steel tripod features built-in wedge which allows 4SE to be used for astrophotography
- Includes CD-ROM "The Sky" astronomy software which provides education about the sky and printable sky maps
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- Nearly 40,000 object database with 200 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
- SkyAlign allows you to align on any three bright celestial objects, making for a fast and easy alignment process
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- Includes a camera control feature and shutter release cable that allows you to remotely take a series of exposures using your digital SLR camera
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable star; solar systems; objects and asterisms
- DC Servo motors with encoders on both axes
- Double line, 16-character liquid crystal display hand control with backlit LED buttons for easy operation of go-to features
- NexRemote telescope control software and RS-232 cable included for advanced control of your telescope via computer
- GPS-compatible with optional CN16 GPS accessory
FRAGILE - HANDLE WITH CARE - DELICATE INSTRUMENTS
Not responsible for item once buyer received. A no return policy...
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Some drawbacks...I already wish I could have afforded to go bigger. But of course budget is always a consideration. I don't know how much better viewing would be with one of the larger ones, but I would like to upgrade already (although, it might be more difficult to travel.) The planets are still VERY small, or maybe I am just not using the right lenses. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Also, the telescope ships with 3 CD-ROM's for what I am assuming is software to hook the telescope up to a computer. We are fully Apple integrated at our home and have new computers and they don't have CD slots. It would be nice to have more updated tech included. I have searched the Celestron website, and while they do have links for software, I don't see any that match the CD's we were sent. Also, the cable that is sent has a serial port, again, outdated tech. I tried to email Celestron but my email wouldn't go through so I will have to call so we can use our new 4SE to it's fullest.
Overall, we are very happy with our new telescope. My son wants to go out every night and look. I have attached the pics I took with my iPhone of the moon, again, not the best representation. :)
I paid for a NEW Telescope. Looks USED.
FYI - If this is your first telescope, buy everything up front!!!! It will be short of $1000. Telescope, carry case, Sky Portal wifi, large eyepiece & filter kit, 3x barlow & most importantly the battery pack. Once you view your first planet (Jupiter +4 moons) with the standard eyepiece, you are going to want more magnification. Once the expense of 8 AA batteries keep dying, you will want longer term power.
The only real issue i have, again with nothing to compare, is the focusing knob is clunky and trying to fine tune under high magnification really sucks. But again I'm a first timer. Enjoy.
Update: With the help of several online tutorials (thanks for those videos) I was finally able to fix the issue, but it was not at all straightforward. So I will rate this 3 stars, because a new scope obviously should not have such issues.
Top international reviews
we got one disk this time and no 232 cable as it says in the instruction manual. yes I know 232 is old hat an not used now, however the manual should be changed to say so.
- LIVRAISON : Colis arrivé dans les temps, en très bonne état, très bien protégé complet etc.
- MATERIEL : solide et stable
- MONTAGE : simple et rapide avec livret et CD fournie (seulement une 30ene de minute pour ma pars)
- SYSTEME MOTORISER ET COMMANDE : très facile et intuitif a utilisé grâce au CD fournie (même sans) prévoir tout de même quelque heure pour vous familiarisé avec les NOMBREUSE fonctionnalité.
- PROBLEME D'ECRAN (pour ma pars) ! : seconde ligne de l'écran, le texte et par moment (assez souvent) illisible ! je ne c'est pas encore si c'est un problème de réglage ou pas (a voir)
- QUALITE ET FACILITE D'OBSERVATION : comment dire? JOUISSIF système automatique ou manuel super agréable, qualité d'observation plus que satisfaisante pour ma pars (débutant que je suis).
CONCLUSION : pour tout débutant voulant avoir une observation facile, belle et rapide je vous le conseille fortement ! si vous êtes ambitieux vous pourrais même faire vos 1ers pas dans l'astrophotographie avec.
ps : chose dommage seulement 1 oculaire de 25MM fournie avec, un 2eme aurai était bien.
Otherwise it’s one of the best beginners telescopes and I was surprised to see what I could from only a 4 inch one.
La verdad es que me sorprendió bastante. Si bien el sistema de alineamiento con tres estrellas no he conseguido que funcione todavía, con el sistema de 2 estrellas conocidas se alinea perfectamente. Las pilas le duran para muchas sesiones, lo he usado un montón de noches y solo las he cambiado una vez, así que no veo necesario comprar una fuente de alimentación portátil ni mucho menos.
La Luna se ve con impresionantes detalles, sobre todo cuando está en cuarto creciente o menguante, y se aprecian las montañas y cráteres a lo largo de la sombra. En Júpiter se distinguen perfectamente los cinturones de nubes, y sus cuatro satélites galileanos. Los anillos de saturno también se ven bastante bien, incluida la división de Cassini. Del resto de planetas la verdad es que casi no he podido apreciar detalles. Venus se ve como una bolita borrosa, y Marte como una bolita rojiza. Urano y Neptuno simplemente parecen una estrella algo apagada.
Respecto a objetos del espacio profundo, se pueden apreciar bastante bien ciertos cúmulos estelares y galaxias. La luz en estos casos es muy tenue y debemos realizar la observación de sitios con la menor contaminación lumínica posible. En mi caso me desplacé unos kilómetros por la costa fuera de la ciudad y el nivel de detalle mejoró bastante.
Lo que si es cierto es que el ocular con el que viene el telescopio es del todo insuficiente. Yo adquirí al mismo tiempo un juego de oculares y filtros que he usado bastante, sobre todo para observar la Luna, Júpiter y Saturno. Esto es casi de obligada compra, y claro, encarece un poco el cacharro.
Respecto a su transporte, su tamaño lo hace bastante portable, aunque si tenéis un coche pequeño, ocupará prácticamente todo el maletero. Echo de menos tener una funda de transporte para meterlo todo, porque estar metiéndolo y sacándolo de las cajas todo el rato es un poco engorroso. Pero la funda de Celestron me resulta muy cara para ser, simplemente, una funda.
En resumen, estoy bastante satisfecho con la compra.