Beauty altText This Week in Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on February 27, 2016
Not much to say other than it seems to be well made. It is a simple RS232 adapter cable that adapts from the RJ22 plug on the bottom of the hand controller and converts to a standard DB9 plug. One thing to note, if you are ordered an Advanced VX mount or telescope, you do NOT need to order this cable. I was under the impression that it did not come with one, so I ordered this. When I received the AVX, there was one in the box. So now, I have a spare :)
on January 4, 2014
I bought a used Celestron NexStar 6se, and the cable wasn't included by the seller. I bought this cable and a TRENDnet USB to RS-232 Serial Converter, and it worked the first time connected to my laptop running Windows 7 64-bit. No need to install any drivers for the converter, Windows took care of it. No problems whatsoever.
on August 25, 2017
Perfect for connecting your computer with the RS232 connector to update the telescope or even direct your telescope to an object you want to look at.
on November 9, 2015
I used this with a TRENDnet TU-S9 (USB to Serial adapter from Amazon http://www.amazon.com/TRENDnet-TU-S9-USB-Serial-Converter/dp/B0007T27H8) and was able to connect to my Celestron C8i SE scope via the hand controller. After downloading
the controlling software from Celestron and upgrading the hand controller's firmware I am now able to use Celestron's NexRemote
software to direct the scope from my laptop ! And after downloading the ASCOM drivers and the star program Cartes du Ciel
I am now able to direct the scope to any object in the night sky from that star program. AWESOME !
on February 2, 2017
I suppose it serves its purpose if it works with your scope. I ordered this for my Celestron Nexstar 130 SLT and the computer would not detect the telescope. I made sure the scope was on in download mode and tried both the aux port on the mount and hand controller with no success.
on July 22, 2017
Was finally able to update my hand controller for the starsense.
on December 2, 2013
What can I say? This product does it's job well. I can now control my CG5-GT from my laptop via ascom. the celestron nexcontroller program allows you to do your entire polar alignment routine from you laptop, and you have PHD connection with your autoguider whihc allows you to record PEC data from your favorite pec program. I can now go out and balance my mount in the evening before it gets cold and operate everything from inside to do astrophotography without going out in the cold. I use an rs232 serial connection with a 3/4 express card adapter with my laptop, and an extension cable to reach my mount out in the yard. All I need now is a motofocus contorller and I will be staying alot warmer this winter!
on June 5, 2017
works well
on March 28, 2017
Well made but wrong one dor what I needed. Had to send it back.
on January 28, 2013
It worked perfectly and I have used it several times now. It is a "must Have" tool for those of us with a Celestron Nexstar system telescope so we can flash the up dates in software to our hand controllers form the internet.