Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Big & Rich PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 77 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 80 reviews
on March 9, 2014
Very nice 2x Barlow, very sharp and a definite improvement over the cheaper 3x Barlow that comes with the Celestron 127 EQ and 114 EQ telescopes. No noticeable chromatic aberration compared with the cheaper Barlows. On the Celestron Powerseeker 114EQ (no. 21045, fantastic optics btw, for the price) I use it combined with a Celestron 9mm Omni eyepice to give me a sharp 4.5mm equivalent magnification. With the $33 Celestron single axis RA motor drive installed and humming along I can see the two main bands on Jupiter very clearly, and two additional fainter bands. Five stars for the quality of the optics. Very much worth the $42 (on Amazon) investment.

Edit: To see how well it works, see the pictures I posted below (taken with a modified logitech c310 usb webcam) ...
review image review image review image
on June 12, 2017
I have a Celestron PowerSeeker 70EQ Telescope.
The 3x Barlow that came wth it wont focus at all . Reviews of the scope said a 2x will work fine with it.
I got this 2x, and it wont focus clearly on most of my Celestron eye pieces, They go nearly in focus, but slightly blurry.
When I did focus on objects in the sky, there wasn't really a noticeable difference in the image I see.
on June 26, 2015
I didn't expect to have any problems with this Barlow based on the good reviews, but I can't say I'm happy with it. The night I got it, I was excited to see Saturn at 200x for the first time (my scope is 4.5", so I should be able to get up to 270x maximum theoretical magnification, or 225x conservatively). The planet looked good at 100x, no Barlow, but when I dropped this in with the same eyepiece, I could not get Saturn in focus. I tried getting it in the best focus I could and backing my head off the eyepiece (increasing eye relief), which helped marginally, but I could never get it focused properly.

As a final experiment to see if the problem was my scope's limitations or the Barlow, I observed Saturn with my 20mm eyepiece plus the Barlow (100x magnification) and compared it to my 10mm eyepiece without the Barlow (also 100x magnification). The image should be the same size, though not necessarily the same field of view. With the Barlow setup, the planet would not come into focus; with my 10mm alone, it looked quite nice, though still disappointingly small. I concluded it must be an issue with this lens and not my scope. After contacting Celestron customer support and receiving one email the next week asking for information I already provided (and then no response after), all I can do now is let you know not everyone is happy with this Barlow lens. Maybe try another brand.
on October 4, 2011
I've been an amateur astronomer for over 25 years. This is a great barlow and the first time I've used one. My wife and I used this in our 6" f5 Celestron Reflector (f/l 750mm). It provided great views with a 26mm lens inserted into the barrel of the Ring Nebula (M57), Andromeda Galaxy (M31), and several other deep sky objects. Even the moon looked great! With the 5mm lens, which was probably overkill, made us feel as if we were right on the moon itself. Of course, when jacking up the magnification this high the image quality isn't as great or as sharp (this is normal when using higher power). For the price, this is an awesome item! Can't wait to get the 3x version.
on August 20, 2017
Very good construction. Very pleased with it. Used it with a 10mm and Celestron Tel, National Parks Foundation FirstScope 76mm. Wife and I were extremely surprised and pleased to be able to see Saturn with it.
on June 1, 2017
Like all of the Celestron optics I have purchased, this Omni series is top notch. I had a bad experience with a barlow in the past but it was low quality. I am pleased with this one.
on July 13, 2010
I just purchased an Orion 8 inch telescope--without the barlow Saturn's rings are nearly invisable when I use just the eyepiece that came with the scope. When the barlow is attached Saturn becomes amazing! I love this product and am considering purchasing a 4x to see what the difference is--I recommend this lens highly. If you are into astonomy-this is a must buy![[ASIN:B00008Y0TM Celestron Omni 2X Barlow Lens.
on August 3, 2017
Returned wouldn't work on my scope
on March 23, 2013
Bought this because the 3x barlow that came with my powerseeker 70 was a piece of crap. This is a lot better quality and much more useable than the 3x was.
on October 5, 2013
Just a novice and from reading amazon reviews, this was recommended. It does its job, 2x zoom to any piece, and I couldn't be happier. :)