Truck Season Automotive Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on September 28, 2013
I have a Celestron Powerseeker 127EQ.The telescope comes standard with a 20mm, 4mm, and a 3x Barlow Lens.While the 20mm works fine, the 4 mm is difficult for some to use, due to the small entry hole.However, combined with the 3x Barlow, the 4mm pushes the 127mm aperture to its absolute limit.
The accessory kit arguably has a better selection of lenses for use with my telescope, as they do not tread so close to the magnification limit of the scope, and are a higher quality lens then the ones included included with the telescope.The blue filter, and the moon are also quite useful as well, but the red filter makes the image very dim, and works better with a larger lens like the 15mm that is included.I live in a small rural town, so I suspect light pollution also plays a role here.
I personally wish I had purchased this kit at the same time as the telescope.The kit is a must have for a beginner starting out with a small aperture Celestron Telescope.The kit even comes with a very nice logo lens clothe.The only complaint I can offer is that these two lenses were not standard with the Powerseeker 127EQ instead of the 20, and 4mm.If you own a 127EQ, you will be surprised at the difference in quality the first time you use the lenses in the kit, and for the crazy low price that they are offered.
134 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on October 20, 2014
I own a Celestron 114EQ Newtonian Reflector Telescope, this is a GREAT addition to the device.
took some amazing photos of the moon this this set. The Filters are also nice! attached is a photo of the moon using the 15MM with blue lens (photo was taken by carefully placing my phone up to the eye piece)
review image
50 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse
Makes a nice accessory kit for Celestron telescope. Nice complement of lenses and filters to observe the moon (filtered) and planets, especially Saturn and Jupiter. Has fold out eye piece for those of us who wear glasses or even those who do not as the eye cups filter out any side light. Lenses that came with my Celestron scope did not have the rubber eyepiece cups as I had on my larger scope that I gave to my daughter.
8 people found this helpful
on December 22, 2016
I purchased this for my teenage son in October. He loves it , I love it because it gets him off the couch and off the xbox. The quality is outstanding. One piece of advice all the little caps that protect the optics can be a little baffling to find there proper eyepiece when putting away. replace them as you finish with a piece to avoid frustration.
3 people found this helpful
on May 22, 2017
Excellent selection of lenses included. The filters do their job. I would have preferred an even higher power lens instead of the 9mm but my telescope came with a 4mm anyway. Recommended purchase for anyone with a small Celestron telescope.
on December 25, 2017
I got a great deal on the telescope, When I tried the kit for it, I was so glad that I made the investment and it even came early! Thank you Amazon
on January 22, 2018
I think a must have for the Celestron Power Seeker, extra lenses and filters makes for a much better viewing experience of the planets and the moon. Came in a very nice kit and well packaged. Highly recommended for the Celestron Powerseeker.
on August 30, 2017
Got a used telescope but there were no eyepieces. This is a great starter pack and I will definitely be looking for more magnification in the future.
on April 23, 2015
These lenses were a fantastic addition to our Celestron Powerseeker. They really give much closer and varied views of Jupiter, Venus, and the moon. The filters also help to lessen the glare. I highly recommend this kit!
3 people found this helpful
on April 18, 2018
A must-have kit for every amateur astronomer. I have the 127EQ powerseeker celestron... I got a 20mm and 4mm eyepieces with it, along with a barlow.. but after using the new once I got, are much better that the previous once which came with my telecope. The fieldview is great. I am not sure how much it is because its not written anywhere. The filters , not tested yet, i will keep my review updated. All in all, if you are looking for new eyepieces , you won't regret buying this.