Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning DrWho DrWho DrWho  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 142 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 149 reviews
on June 30, 2015
This Celestron 93402 T-Ring for Nikon camera, plus your Nikon D3200 camera and the Celestron Ultima 100 spotting scope go well together. All you need is to fit the 93402 T-Ring into the camera lens mount and screw it into the Celestron Ultima 100 eyepiece (rubber eye cup removed) and then fit it into the scope. Set you camera in "manual operation", adjust your aperture and speed, use the scope to focus, and your are set for some amazing photography.
review image
on January 25, 2015
I've used the T-Ring 3-4 times and tonight went out with it only to have the T-Ring separate allowing the camera to fall. I cannot tell if they used split ring pins to secure the two pieces together or if they are some type other pin type (they are very small). It is unusable and does not give confidence in holding an expensive camera body securely.
on July 10, 2015
great product... Note**** for all nikon cameras ( specially D3300 which is the one I own ) in order for this product to work after you intall it or place it in the camera, MAKE SURE YOUR CAMERA IS OFF and in Manual Mode... hope this tip save you 3 hours research I spent.
on March 1, 2017
Works as advertised. Allows me to connect my D5100 camera to a T-adaptor and drop it in my telescope.
on December 5, 2014
It doesn't make a firm detent with the camera when installed like a lens does,but doesn't feel like it will come loose.
This item works great and better than expected based on the reviews.

It snaps directly into my Nikon D80 with ease, and "feels" exactly the same as snapping in my fancy / expensive lenses. It did not require any extra pressure to snap in, and in no way did I feel like it didn't fit perfectly (some of the other reviewers seemed to have some issues with the fit). It even locks into place exactly like my normal lenses (to release you press the little lens release button on the camera body, just like a normal lense).

I have an 8" Celestron telescope, and all I needed to do to take pictures was get this item (t-ring), plus the t-ring adapter (sold on Amazon as the Celestron 93625 Universal 1.25-inch Camera T-Adapter) than screws into this item, and the other end goes in the telescope (instead the usual eyepiece). So just get the T-adapter and T-ring and you'll be in business!

In summary, this items is made well and fits perfectly ... exactly as it should. Highly recommended!
on July 12, 2012
This T ring adapter works good with my Nikon D5100. I bought this with the Celestron Universal T-Adapter 1.25in 93640. With these 2 items I was easily able to mount my camera to my Orion Starblast 6.

The T ring itself mounts to the camera body tight. It can be somewhat tough to get off the camera. I am not worried about it damaging the camera. If you are careful it comes off smooth its just a little tight which I like.

Once I got the ring on the camera with the T-adapter, the whole rig mounted very securely to my telescope. I am very happy with this setup so far. I was able to capture some images of Saturn very quickly compared to using a point and shoot with bracket adapter.
on October 13, 2015
Fits my Nikon D5100 just fine and attaches to my 1.25" T-ring adapter (also Celestron brand) with no problems. Remember, if you want to use your Nikon SLRcamera with a telescope, you need this T-ring and a T-ring eyepiece adapter.
on April 22, 2016
I have a hard time getting this to lock-in properly. Once it's locked, it's solid as anything, but I almost dropped my camera (D5100) twice before I learned to be extra careful with fastening this. I've only attached it a half-dozen times, so maybe it's a learning curve thing, but I use my regular lenses all the time, and I've never had one of them come loose when I thought it was attached.
on August 23, 2011
I like to perform a functions check on everything I buy right away just in case there is a need to return it right away. This one looked easy. Slip it on like a lens and screw onto the T-adapter. When I went for it, the T-ring grabbed the camera like a vice. I then screwed on the T-adapter and attached the whole contraption to the telescope. It certainly felt secure, so I have no apprehensions about using this setup with my camera. It was when I attempted to take off the ring that I found myself struggling a bit and even heard a somewhat unpleasant noise when the ring finally slipped off. I thought I'd damaged the camera, but a quick test with a lens confirmed that all was fine. Not content to leave it there, I practiced a few more times and now feel comfortable hanging on to this item.