Amazon Vehicles Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop now Shop Popular Services americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 275 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 400 reviews
on January 5, 2008
That Celine Dion is one of the most generous and sincere artists in music today is pretty well-known. While she has taken a beating from the media and from detractors for being over-the-top in some of her vocals, a bit too dorky in her performances and in interviews, she has remained (sans the chest-beating) true to herself and to the music and fans that made her famous.

This DVD set is not only for those who saw the show and want a copy of it to remember, or for those who didn't get to see it and wanted to, but it really feels first and foremost like a gift to her die-hard fans. Most others wouldn't care for the extended amount of footage (over 3 hours worth) dedicated to the trivia about the show, its creation, execution and evolution over the past four years.

I did see the show twice in 2003, and feel that the DVD does a wonderful job of recreating the experience, but if you didn't get to Vegas and sit in the theater that was specifically built for this show, it's not the same.

A couple of other differences for those who saw the show: Nature Boy was omitted as the opening and swapped out for the more appropriate "A New Day Has Come" .. I always thought it was odd that the title song from the show was not sung back in 2003. Also removed is the tacky and ill-fitting cover of "Fever", but added in are "Love Can Move Mountains" (one of my favorites of hers of all time) and "River Deep, Mountain High" in full Tina Turner Tribute mode.

I do regret the omission of two of my personal favorite songs from the shows I saw in 2003 - Je'taime Encore (I Love You Still), one of her most haunting French-language songs she's ever recorded, and the show-ending "What a Wonderful World" that, as she sang it, had black and white photos of people from the audience on the giant LCD screen behind her. It was a touching and intimate way to end a very theatrical production. You CAN, however, get both of the audio recordings of these two songs on the live CD of the show that was released a few years back.

The fan tribute on here, while often cheesy, is also an endearing look at some of her biggest fans. That Celine was gracious and kind as she met personally with them all, moved to tears by some of their personal 'thank you's to her, underscores the grace and humility that accompanies the great gift of song she received.
33 comments| 88 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 12, 2015
I believe this will go down as one of the best Las Vegas shows ever produced. It is a example on the high quality of people that be brought together and create this wonderful event. My only regret is that I didn't take the effort to attend this performance in real life because this show is history now.
on November 19, 2012
I was in Vegas during this show ran and Celine apparently was on vacation, lol. So I was not able to catch this show. Let me just say I am so glad I purchase this on Bluray. It is beyond amazing. I wouldn't have considered myself a diehard celine dion fan prior to this but she reeled me in. It is a sight to behold. When a two-year old, stops and applauds you know you are watching someone special. Its definitely worth the price. Glad to have it in my collection and will be watching this one again. Thanks Celine! You've got a new Fan.
on March 7, 2013
We live in vegas and went to three showing of the new day concert. Valet parking and great seats from many locations at Caesars. This video puts you in seats no one ever gets to see.

The performance is excellent, the dancers divine but the Blu-ray HD DVD quality takes music and video to a new level, this video will change the way people enjoy vegas shows that reach new highs.

Its been a couple of years since Celine performed live this show, but every time I see this music video I am back at Caesars living the dream. The quality of this recording is superb, musicians who see this show can't help thinking they need a new A game. HD Music Videos from the best "Celine A New Day.

Her older French video is weak by comparison, filmed in a large stadium, video quality suffered, we like Celine but the technical issues left me wanting for more, thanks for the New Day concert, I can't wait for her next Caesars performance to go Blu-ray.
on March 19, 2014
Celine is Celine! One of a kind, a Lady! The songs, the music, the orchestra, the choreography, the scenography and the voice. makes this DVD one of the best I've purchased! Get it now! You won't be sorry!

Oh, and by the way, this is the third I get. I simply don't get tired of it.
on September 29, 2016
Celine Dion: A New Day - Live in Las Vegas...Excellent DVD...Celine has a beautiful & active show...This DVD makes me want to head to Las Vegas to see her live show...
on March 30, 2017
Great video and amazing singer.
on April 10, 2017
Love her voice!!!!-Great DVD!!!
on March 22, 2017