Truck Reviews Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now STL18_GNO

on December 19, 2014
The first one I ordered became inoperative after a couple of uses. The sound kept cutting off with minimal movement of my iPhone, then it finally just gave out. It seems the connection on the top of the plug (green-circled area in attached photo) is very weak. The replacement that Amazon sent me had the same exact issues. I would recommend spending a little bit more.
review image
11 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on November 27, 2017
Just passing on a little advice. This works ok [Got it since I have my phone in a protective case and always had to take it out when using Square] but make sure you push ends in - male/female - all the way in to both the Square hardware and the phone. In my case I really had to force the pieces together and then be sure and give it the old $1.00 charge test with one of your cards
2 people found this helpful
on December 14, 2015
They got this product out to me super quick. It arrived 2 days earlier than expected. The product does exactly as it is supposed to. I was looking for a slim fit cable so I could plug it into my phone. My normal aux cord was to fat to insert because the case I have on the phone does not have a large enough access Aux port. So here is the reason I give 4 stars rather than 5. The cord works but the sound quality is poor. It makes the music sound muffled like I'm listening to music playing in the distance. It sounds like you are listening through a closed door or something. I'm a little disappointed. But hey it was a very inexpensive purchase. It could possibly be something with my car stereo, so I don't want to put all the blame on the cord. Now if you are a phone user that is having the same difficulty that I was with finding a slim Aux cord, here is my recommendation... Save yourself a few dollars and just take a drill bit to the aux hatch/hole on your phone case. Widen the hole, the cord will fit, you will have clearer audio and will have saved money.

Note: Great seller... Wish I could rate the seller 5 stars and the product separate.
3 people found this helpful
on December 2, 2015
Beware, the plug on the Cellet is actually rather thick, although it's hard to see in the picture. It just barely fits though my phone case, and I had to force it. It doesn't make good contact with the iPhone, because it's caught against the case.

Nevertheless, it still works, and it does its job of adapting standard stereo headphones to the small iPhone 6 headset jack. I was able to successfully plug my good headphones into my iPhone without having to remove my battery case, and that's a great thing.

Microphone was not tested (I only needed this adapter for listening, not speaking).

Only three stars, because this adapter doesn't fit through narrow openings, like it was supposed to do.

Belkin originally made an adapter like this, and it was the best I've ever found, but it has been discontinued. If you can somehow still find it, buy the Belkin instead.
on March 15, 2015
This works very well for my ipod. I bought a Flin Protective Cover for my ipod but the silicone near the earphone jack was too thick for me to put my regular earphones, either the L jack or the straight one, and this mini input jack was thin enough to stay connected and still help me use my old earphones without having to buy a whole new set of earphones just to fit with my new case. This is definitely worth the money if you and a thin mini jack to fit with your case.

Update: I purchased this if February 2015 and this has lasted me until June 2015 but I think considering the price, $5.99, it did exactly what you'd expect a five dollar minijack would do. You can't expect something that's this affordable to last you years. That's expecting too much but ti did last me quite a while. Toward the end the bending bit near the male part of the mini jack started to bend too much and some of the wires on the inside were exposed and frayed after I did nothing to fix it. I expected to buy a new one in a few months anyway. Its lasted me this long. I bought mine straight from Amazon so I had no problems with mine. I would definitely buy again.
on May 23, 2017
No problems here. I've had this for at least a year and about to buy another. My Otterbox and Pelican cases don't allow for a normal size input to fit so this is essential. I keep one in my car all the time so I can play the music I want and because it's there all the time it doesn't take much abuse. I don't have an awesome sound system in the car so I can't attest to the quality but it definitely does the job I need it to and for the price, it's hard to beat.

Not paid to post this - just thought it might help somebody out there.
One person found this helpful
on October 10, 2014
I have 2 of these now and they work fine for me. I have never tried using them with the extra features that should pass thru to whatever you are plugging in, but based on all the other reviews, I believe this is a problem, just not for everyone.
The one thing I think needs to also be pointed out is that this product "should" be a perfect replacement for the ultra skinny iphone headphone jack and it is not. The iphone headphone jack is what it is, and therefore case manufacturers can make the hole in their case for the headphone no bigger than it needs to be to plug in a pair of authentic iphone headphones. As a result MOST other headphone, etc. plugs are too big. This product should be exactly the same size as the iphone headphone plug, then it would be a slam dunk. I also had to shave the plastic off to get it to fit (as another reviewer said). The really sad thing is that the fact that we can shave off plastic and have it still work, means the plastic does not even need to be that thick.
|11 comment|Report abuse
on January 2, 2016
I bought two of these in July, 2015 and have been using them on and off ever since. They do exactly what they are supposed to do, and I have not encountered any of the issues with manufacturing quality that some people here have reported. I do keep spares on hand, because bad things sometimes happen to good adapters. At this price, it only makes sense to do so.

I use the adapters to feed stereo audio from Apple devices with a 3.5mm TRRS female connector into unbalanced pro audio line inputs via a "Y" cable that terminates in a standard 3.5mm TRS male stereo connector. The TRS "Y" cable itself works directly with just about anything other than Apple TRRS connectors. Other similar applications would be connecting to consumer audio TRS or RCA line inputs via a patch cable that terminates in a TRS male stereo connection. It eliminates problems like having the music stop every time you pick up the device (or perhaps just look at it too hard), or having to remove the device case to plug in.

When a person wants to send music from an iPhone, iPod, or iPad into a PA system, this adapter is the "missing link" for doing that. It accepts a standard 3.5mm stereo plug (from a 3.5mm stereo patch or breakout cable) and provides a 3.5mm TRRS "narrow" plug that matches the contacts in the Apple device and also is narrow enough to accommodate all but the most poorly-made 3rd-party device cases.

Please note: If you plug an Apple device-compatible headset or other accessory into this adapter, one that has built in volume/skip controls, the controls won't work. That is because you are doing something that doesn't work, not because there is anything wrong with the adapter. Don't use this adapter with TRRS accessory plugs. It has a standard 3.5mm TRS female output connector.
on August 3, 2016
The product doesn't allow me to use the volume control on my iphone headphones. It also doesn't allow me to use any control function such as fast forward, reverse or skipping while listening to songs using my headphones. And I can't access Siri by using it. I can hear music and speak through my headphones with the product but most of the convenience control functions are not available.
If you only want to use it to talk and listen than it's a good product but if you are a fan of the control function of your headphone then this product is not for you.
on December 9, 2015
Dirt cheap and works on an iPad mini with Lifeproof Nuvio case. From the bad reviews this is getting from some people concerning Lifeproof case compatibility I can tell you that Lifeproof makes at LEAST 2 different lines of cases, much like Otterbox makes at least 3. Here is the deal: if your Lifeproof has a THREADED headphone adapter port, this will NOT work for you. If you simply need a longer, thinner plug to reach the port, like the Nuvio series of cases, this WILL work for you.
One person found this helpful