Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:$4.79+ Free shipping (Addon item)

Showing 1-10 of 91 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 95 reviews
on July 2, 2016
I bought this based on other reviews and after listening a few times I have no idea what everyone is raving about. I absolutely love soulful, compelling, almost heartbreaking cello music and this is not it. The first song is the only decent one and the rest are about the worst cello songs I've ever heard and certainly not relaxing!!!! A total waste of time and money
on December 17, 2016
Might not be admirable in others' eyes (ears), but I use this as music for massage. It's great for this: low-key enough, melodic enough, complex enough. Sorry, Saint-Saens -- it's good background music.
on November 17, 2015
As a longtime classical pianist, I am usually turned off by "relaxation" or "greatest hits" recordings. This one is different. I love it; it is relaxing but it's also intelligent and the real music of real composers.
on June 20, 2013
I listen to relaxation music on Pandora while I work on the computer. CELLO for relaxation is featured on the station often. l went online at Amazon.com and found some of the music I have been listening to there. I find that string music has a calming affect on me. I listen to the Celo for Relaxation album on my Kindle Fire at night while I read or play word search. I am very happy with the beautiful music this artist has created. Judi
on April 23, 2017
This was just what I was looking for and the customers love the relaxing music
The cello is almost always the instrument I turn to for relaxation. It meditates upon a deeper, slower spectrum of emotion than say, a harp or violin.
I put this CD to the ultimate test and took it to the hospital with me, to see if its music could counteract the threat and ultimate deployment of needles---and it was indeed much less painful to be poked while in a state of relaxation, as induced by these (mainly 19th century) compositions.
My two favorite selections from "Cello for Relaxation" are Camille Saint-Saëns' "The Swan" from "Carnival of the Animals," and John Tavener's "Chant," which is an unaccompanied melody, "without barlines or meter, shaped as a palindrome." Steven Isserles performs as the cello soloist for both of these compositions.
In my continuing search for relaxation music, this CD now rates as number one. Its music was selected with a sensitivity to dynamics, and beautiful, adagio playing. Its musicality is superb and unobtrusively displayed, and allows the listener to meditate, or relax into much-needed sleep.
0Comment| 137 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 19, 2017
We purchased a similar Cello Cd (orange label) from Amazon and it is wonderful so we thought this would be similar. However, it isn't anything like the one we have.
on May 14, 2013
Very nice collection overture that keeps diminishing troughout the record.
The relaxing power of cello sound is more then some times obfuscated by other instruments in the chosen plays.
Rythm is not always relaxing and the chosen sequence of plays does nort contribute for a relaxing path.
The all is undoubtedly a beautifull show of cello harmony and diversity.
on March 17, 2017
Great for relaxing and winding down after a long day.
on August 5, 2017
Very nice quality and beautiful selections.