Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,248 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,331 reviews
on April 5, 2012
This is my preferred salt for my OXO Good Grips Salt Grinder (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001CDK0KO/ref=wms_ohs_product_img) that I also purchased from Amazon. However, the salt is not completely dry in the package. If you're going to use it in a grinder, you will need to dry out the salt before hand. It's actually easy - set your oven to about 225, spread the salt over a cookie sheet or 9x9 or equivalent baking dish and cook for about 1 hr. After 30 minutes or less the salt will develop a crust so just stir it with a wooden spoon and bake for the remaining 30 minutes. This is much cheaper than buying the sea salt grinders at your local grocery store.
Highly recommended.
22 comments| 117 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 14, 2015
l've been using pink himalayan sea salt for years. I saw this light grey celtic salt, read a few reviews and bought some. I used both, with the grey for "everyday" use, and the pink for special occasions, thinking it the cadillac of sea salts. Then, it occurred to me to do an actual taste comparison (duh!). To my big surprise, the grey tastes MUCH better than the pink, which is bitter, slightly acrid. No more himalayan sea salt for me!

There are scads of reviews here, I imagine many have mentioned the fact that pronouncements across the internet saying that sea salts and regular table salt contain the same amount of sodium are BALONEY. So irksome the way wrong information gets repeated over and over on the internet, even echoed on TV 'til it's accepted as fact. This salt fiction is one of them. Sea salts vary in their proportions of sodium, but nearly all contain much less sodium than table salt. Other minerals also vary, which results in salts' different, characteristic flavors.

Finally, the way I use salt has changed over the years. Before using sea salt I dumped regular salt on everything. Then, I tried sea salt- first fine (which I also used liberally), then coarse, which is all I use now. I don't grind it. 1) While cooking, I find I enjoy measuring salt with my fingers, by feel as it were, and 2) when salting food at the table I find fewer, larger grains punctuate the pleasure of tasting the salt more than finer salt uniformly distributed throughout the food- I like the contrast between the food's natural flavor and the occasional salt flake. I find I use a lot less salt this way, and enjoy it more. I started using this 1-lb bag the first week in May of 2014- there's about an inch left in the bag, pretty good.

Anyway, love this salt!
on February 2, 2016
There's just something about this stuff that I like. I mean, I'm a fan of most salts. But I really dig this grey sea salt. When this 1 lb. bag ran out, I re-upped with the 5 pounder. That should get us through the year, I hope. Granted, that doesn't compare to 5 lbs of standard salt on account of the water content. Sure, it's kind of a pain to have to dry it, since it will gum up most grinders with its moisture. But that's all as advertised, so I have no real complaints.

I spread it out on a cookie sheet in a cold oven, set to 200 degrees. After the oven gets up to temp, I just turn it off when I remember, and then leave it to cool in the oven overnight. Perfectly dry and crisp in the morning.

It doesn't have magic powers. It's called "Celtic sea salt" because the maker thought the name sounded marketable. Don't matter to me. I'm not on any special diet or anything. I think it tastes good. I eat the stuff out of the bag like popcorn. I like salt.
on September 1, 2016
Not as coarse as I would like. Doesn't work well in a grinder. Still a decent tasting and flavorful salt. I think it would work better in soups or stocks or as coarse seasoning in cooking. The salt seemed awfully moist when delivered. S not sure if that will affect it in the grinder.

**update: read a few more reviews. Apparently there is a dryig method to make it easier for the grinder. ..... If you're going to use it in a grinder, you will need to dry out the salt before hand. It's actually easy - set your oven to about 225, spread the salt over a cookie sheet or 9x9 or equivalent baking dish and cook for about 1 hr. After 30 minutes or less the salt will develop a crust so just stir it with a wooden spoon and bake for the remaining 30 minutes.

Will try this and see if it works any better. :)
on April 22, 2016
In my opinion, this is better than Himalayan. The taste - actually tastes good. Didn't know salt could add something to a dish besides saltiness. It's more like a quality than a flavor. It also works really well in a grinder. I was concerned that the moisture may gum up the works, but it definitely has not. I carry some now if/when eating out and it has really bettered the experience. All that from Salt! The course ground size works best in the grinder and I also thought is was better tasting than the fine ground - although they must come from the same source.
on January 25, 2015
Love this. Yes, it's not for everything because as some say "there is quite a bit of sea in the salt!" You can't grind it up fine, but that's nothing wrong with this salt, it's just how it is. We buy it because we don't want highly processed, chemical treated and bleached salts! It's perfect for soups, bone broth, or anything else it can melt in. If I need some finely crushed, I hand grind a tablespoon at a time with my morter and pestel, then put it in the palm of my hand and rub my hands together to get it to sprinkle as evenly as possible. Yes, it's not as easy as pouring salt that has had anti caking agent added to it, but I feel it's a small payoff to avoid anti caking agents in my food! I don't think one should eat something with the name "agent" in it anyway!
on January 29, 2015
Celtic Sea Salt makes my food taste so incredible! Because it is pure and unrefined, I love the depth and complexity it adds to my cooking. Soups, eggs, cookies, salads, guacamole, you name it, it takes the flavor level up another level. I can't say enough how this salt brings out the flavor profiles of a dish's ingredients. For example, I sprinkle some on top of my paleo banana bread with almond butter and honey spread and I promise to you I can taste so much more each ingredient than without it. And this salt is beneficial to your health because of the trace mineral content that your body needs on a micro level in order to be happy and healthy. If you want your food to be salty with no flavor or health enhancements, regular table salt will be right for you.

This salt is naturally slightly moist, so if you want to use it in a salt grinder like I do then you need to dry it first. I spread it out on baking half sheet for about 1 hour at 200 deg F. Set the timer and stirred it up half way in between. Let it cool and it is ready to be fed to your salt grinder. Works perfectly in there. I also put the dried salt into a small jar for when I need it to be coarse for making sauerkraut, rubs and roasts, and etc. I use this everyday in every meal and I am so thankful for the fact that it is actually making my life better!
on January 23, 2017
Just like the salt I'd bought many years ago. Glad I don't have to live without it! Not as strong flavored as the commercial "M" brand of popularity, but oh so much healthier. I have a salt grinder that I refill with this, you'll need one too for the coarse. Oh, I'd recently read that salt helps the stomach make hydrochloric acid which aids digestion. I've started salting my food again with this, and guess what? I have stopped needing antacids! Go figure. I guess the docs don't know it all. Buy some and enjoy the flavor this salt brings out in your food, and know you're giving yourself needed minerals too. A definite health enhancer for me.
on April 18, 2013
This is a nice sea salt. It does come moist, which makes it useless for salt grinders. But I solved that problem by spreading it on a cookie sheet and putting it in a 200 degree oven for 40 minutes. Nice and dry and works great in the grinder now.
on June 13, 2016
This salt is no ordinary sea salt. It has been doctor recommended since the 1970's. It guarantees 84 minerals which are pretty much exactly the minerals your body needs in the ratios it needs them! I take this daily in water three times a day to ensure I am getting my minerals (1/2 tsp of large crystals in 10-12 oz water 3 times per day). I used to have daily leg cramps waking me up every morning. I have changed my diet (removed all carbs except low carb cooked veggies) and take this daily and NO MORE CRAMPS. I have also noticed that I can start to feel low energy, but then I take my water with this salt in it and I get energized.

It also tastes so much better than pure table salt which is only sodium and chloride. I use this in all my recipes and the taste is divine! I have been using this for over 3 years and will use it the rest of my life. (If you use the fine Selina Naturally Celtic Sea Salt, the dose would be 1 tsp for an entire day. These larger crystals you will need 1.5 tsp per day.)

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.