Industrial Deals Magazine Deals Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on July 11, 2013
I often approach music with a certain amount of trepidation. As with any other art, there's the good, the bad, the insipid, and everywhere in between. So I'm not entirely sure what compelled me to purchase this CD sound-unheard, but I'm glad I did.

I found the album to be a bit unusual, which is good, seeing as how many Celtic music collections end up recycling many of the same songs for better or worse. For all that it's billed as a more or less as an upbeat dance collection, I found that for the most part, the rhythm track didn't trample the rest of it, as can often happen. Casadh's pieces, especially "Tall Trees, Long Shadows" (which has been stuck in my head a lot recently), remind me a lot of Mairead Nesbitt's "Raining Up" and are my favorites on this disk. I'd certainly look for other work by her. I found Crabtree's to be somewhat reminiscent of the Welsh techno group DJ SG (I'm rather fond of their arrangement of "Migldi Magldi."), but less aggressive. Taheny & Reid's flute work is delightfully fast and quite impressive. One can definitely hear the differences in style between the artists involved.

I disagree somewhat with statements by other reviewers that once you've heard the first three songs, you've heard the whole thing. Though with the similar rhythm tracks, I can certainly see how one could be left with that impression and that does tend to lend a certain unity to the whole. Though Crabtree's pieces do sound similar, possibly to the point of being interpreted as the same piece divided into four movements. If you're looking for something Celtic to DJ during a party, this is perfect. All the pieces are fairly long which, while some might find boring, is great for parties...and piping through an iPod at work. I feel this would be just as good, if not better, if the rhythm tracks of most of the songs, which seemed canned/synthesized to me, were replaced with, say bodhran or some-such (Celtic Woman's lead percussionist Ray Fean comes to mind.), which would I think lend a certain amount of, shall we say, warmth even while preserving the tempo. I could see this being even better if Avalon Artists were to revisit and rearrange their contributions following in the footsteps of, say, Celtic Woman. Overall, the album's a lot of fun!
on July 23, 2014
There are very few albums I buy that I really like every single song. This is a shining exception!
Every song is a lively, upbeat, Celtic tune to get your blood flowing.

One note: These have a hint of the "remix" genre, so if you're looking for pure instrumental with no electronic tweaking, you may not like this. But it is just a hint of it.
on April 9, 2015
I like Celtic music so I liked this CD. I didn't love it though.
on January 16, 2018
Excellent
on April 19, 2013
i hate how i have to use 20 or more words when all i want to say is i love it. i really only bought it for one song (burning bench) but the whole cd is just nice.
on June 26, 2013
I love her voice and most of the songs but I wish there were more variety and more instrumental pieces. After the 3'rd song you've heard pretty much the whole CD.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon October 25, 2009
I heard a sample of this CD in a little kiosk in JoAnn's and decided I liked the clip I heard enough that it was worth risking a purchase.

I was not disappointed in the least! I ADORE the first two tracks especially! It's reminiscent of familiar Celtic melodies (done with traditional instruments) remixed into upbeat dance mixes! Really great stuff! I've been raving about it to friends and family!

I am a longtime Amazon Prime customer who enjoys writing reviews in my free time. If you have any questions or comments about this product or my review, feel free to message me and I'll be glad to help!
on June 1, 2011
I have listen to this cd a few times now and I love the pep in the music. I could not ask for anything better in this type of music.
on January 6, 2009
Beautiful music. Great non-traditonal Celtic sound. Very up-beat. I've bought several for friends and family. I play it over and over.