- Hardcover: 28 pages
- Publisher: St. Martin's Press; First US Edition edition (October 15, 1988)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0312020325
- ISBN-13: 978-0312020323
- Product Dimensions: 5.7 x 1.5 x 7.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.1 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 4.1 out of 5 stars See all reviews (26 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,185,959 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Celtic Tree Oracle: A System of Divination Hardcover – Box set, October 15, 1988
|New from||Used from|
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
But most of all, the illustrations and intuative interpretations provided are excellent. While the illustrations do not overwhelm the eye, they do impart a very profound sense of connection to the representation of the letter and it's associated icon. The interpretations are clear without being overly simplistic.
I have had this deck for years and it will always remain one of my very favorites!
Let's start with the cons:
1) The box is not very durable. It arrived well packaged, but broken apart. I was able to glue it back together with wood glue with little effort, but I was somewhat disappointed.
2) The cards are quite beautiful, but they are small. They are about the size of a standard deck of playing cards and I would love for them to be larger.
3) The contents don't fit tightly into the box, they tend to get all mixed up when turned upright to store.
4) It is quite an expensive set for what you get.
But, overall I am still happy with this purchase because:
1) This is a really unique set of cards for divination or for use as visuals for meditation.
2) The cards are very well designed and quite beautiful.
3) The book is compact and concisely offers a wealth of well-written information.
A note on ordering: Since this is out of print, you will have to order used. Be sure to confirm with the seller (if it does not say explicitly in the description) that you are ordering the complete set and not just the book.
Remember that the Ogham is not another form of tarot, but more like the Norse rune system with the symbols or runes representing a particular tree or related symbology. The Druids were by and far connected to the spirit of place through the trees, the Oak being the most sacred of all. If one gives this set an opportunity to speak for itself, without any preconceived ideas as to what it should be, I think any reader would be impressed. Both beginner and experienced, alike.
The cards are bit small, just slightly smaller than playing cards, and the book is a bit controversial, alluding to the Celtic tree calendar, the existence of which is a point of contention among many Celtic scholars. Beyond that, I am thoroughly happy with my set and have enjoyed many insightful readings.
Colin Murray passed on during the creation of this set, and I extend my heartfelt condolences and thanks to Liz Murray, who found the strength and courage to carry on.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Probably one of the most referenced books I have for the Ogham and for doing readings. Very helpful guide.Published 2 months ago by Stephen Duquette
Just getting started with the tree oracle ...so much to do ,book one of the best for Divination of course found on Amazon.
Thank you ,
The book is indeed helpful,but it didn't come with a deck of cards.Published 12 months ago by Samuel Kelly
I love these oracle cards. A beautiful, classic, and unique deck.Published 20 months ago by Lauren L
Have had the accompanying cards for over a decade but lost the book. So very grateful it was available to once again allow the information from each card chosen, to be... Read morePublished 22 months ago by Lynn Reeser
I bought this book for my friend in the USA so I can't comment on the delivery but having read the book myself I would say it is excellent and should be republished.Published on January 17, 2014 by Daffadowndilly
One of the first oracle decks i have ever used. And
still one of the most accurate and complete oracles
for seeing into the future, for better or worse your
going... Read more
I find my Celtic heritage facinating and had no idea, until I came accrossed this set, that we had our own divination cards and tradition, I was delighted. Read morePublished on May 26, 2013 by candance2