- Hardcover: 224 pages
- Publisher: Andre Deutsch; Csm edition (December 1, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0233003967
- ISBN-13: 978-0233003962
- Product Dimensions: 6.2 x 0.8 x 9.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 2 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,634,675 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.00 shipping
+ $7.00 shipping
The Centenary of the Crossword: The Story of the World's Most Popular Puzzle Hardcover – December 1, 2013
"fascinating snippets of crossword history." —L.A. Times Crossword Corner
About the Author
John Halpern is a crossword setter. He writes crosswords for the Financial Times, the Guardian, and the Independent, and has written cryptic crossword books for the Guardian and the Times. Richard Browne is the crossword editor for the Times. Will Shortz is the crossword editor of the New York Times, the puzzle master for NPR's Weekend Edition Sunday, and the founder and director of the American Crossword Puzzle Tournament.