Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade 2018 Planners Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now

on April 14, 2017
This book was readable enough, but I figured out the culprit very quickly (after all, who else could it have been?). The heroine did so many stupid things to prolong the story and create the crisis. There were major typos in the Kindle version. The book was a clean romance, with no graphic violence.
on April 19, 2016
Linda Hall is a great writer. Enjoyed the bk a lot!! Too short!! Intense.
on August 1, 2014
I love this book-it was well written and the twists and turns in the story were great! It was a sad story, but, definitely interesting!
on March 1, 2013
Linda Hall is a good author. She has suspense, and it is written in a good clean way that any one can read it.
on December 25, 2013
It was a fascinating story. I thought it was well written and stayed on track with everything. I couldn't of asked for a better book to read during my spare time.
on May 7, 2010
This book contained a good storyline with so much potential but it bombed after the first few pages. I was able to figure out the villain from the first page. Also, in terms of the romance aspect, I did not see how after 20 years, the feelings were able to snap back like nothing happened. Alex did not even tell Megan how much work he had done to try and locate her. I saw no growth on anyone's part spiritually apart from one prayer on Megan's part. Also the writing was very staccato and disjointed. I really had to labour through this book till the end and I am now quite certain that I will not be keeping it to read again.
on October 3, 2014
good reading
on May 19, 2012
This is the 2nd book in Linda's 'Whisper Lake' series. I wish I could give a better rating than 5. I enjoyed this book better than the 1st (Storm Warning). I like how Linda was able to reconnect two souls (Megan & Alec) after being apart almost 2 decades. Megan & Alec had planned to marry 20 years ago on Valentines Day, but those plans take a drastic U-turn after Alec's brother is convicted & sent to prison for a violent crime... a crime Megan believed he was guilty of, but Alec wanted to believe in his brothers innocence.

So fastforward almost 20 years: Alec was the last person Megan ever wanted to see, but the first person she seeked after two suspicious deaths - those deaths being the people from the would-of-been wedding. Megan feared she could be next.

I love how Linda was able to reach out to the characters &readers by using God & a sense of Faith. The idea to reconnect Megan & Alec under such dark, tragic circumstances was interesting. Even more interesting was the twisted end.

Great work Linda! I look forward to reading more of your novels.
on August 26, 2014
Whisper Lake
Book 2

The Plot:
Megan Brooks and Alec Black were engaged to be married on Valentine's Day twenty years ago after discovering she was pregnant. But after her grandmother's death and his brother's being accused of the crime, the couple split apart. Though it sounds like it was more Alec then Megan, I'm thinking they both had a part in it. But now two of their friends from the wedding party are dead and Megan is fearing that she or Alec could be next. So after twenty years Megan returns to Whispering Lake to seek Alec's help in getting answers to what happened.

The Romance:
Though it seems a bit difficult to grasp that a couple can re-connect so quickly after being apart for twenty years, I think it's totally possible. I can think of one man from my past who I'd hook up with again if he walked through my door. We were meant to be, but circumstances made it impossible at the time. I loved how all the chemistry was still there, but Alec accepted the fact that she was grown up and didn't need to be cared for as if she were still young. Though the story was dis-jointed at times and I don't care much for the author's writing story, I enjoyed using my imagination on this one to read the romance.

The Suspense:
Though I knew who it was from the beginning, I kept wondering how they'd explain it. I have a habit of peaking at the back of the book and gave it to it this time. So knowing who it was made things even more interesting so I could see how a character who looked really good and upstanding could be so ruthless. It was a nice twist having the couple from the cabins. It just threw in a twist. The pursuit on snowplows was an interesting twist. The entire story was pretty intense, but the heavy stuff was crazy...
on July 31, 2016
Great reading. Just what I expect from Linda Hall's books.