Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Centrum Energy, 120-Count Bottle, Formerly Known as Centrum Performance
Amazon Vehicles GoldBox Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now

on April 24, 2007
Some extras over Centrum regular include additional quantities of vitamins and minerals along with ginseng root and gingko bilboa. I work out a few times a week and jog for 5 miles 3 times a week...so I think my body can handle this, but I drink a lot of water! Trust me, you'll want to! I definitely recommend it but only if you're physically exerting yourself. On days that I know I'm not going to, I take regular or skip it.
on September 13, 2006
Centrum Performance has all the vitamins Centrum (original) has, but it's packed with a heavy amount of B vitamins and a little bit of ginseng root.

Just a caveat: This version has a tad bit less calcium than the original version. Only 10%...meaning you'd have to either eat more peas and bell peppers and/or drink more milk to compensate...but remember that centrum is just a supplement for the typical American diet that is oily and lacking in nutrients.

EDIT: I've redacted the part about gingko bilboa. Looks like they've removed it.
55 comments| 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 14, 2011
I'm usually not a person to take a whole lot of care in my health, I eat fast food often though I try to go to the gym a few times a week. My diet is absolutely horrible, so I figured I was probably low on a lot of recommended vitamins.

The first day taking this product I noticed a direct and absolute increase in energy throughout the day.

I had fairly low expectations when ordering this, figuring I wouldn't notice at all the benefits of this- but I was wrong.

Great multivitamin.
on August 12, 2012
Saw a lot reviews about not having expiration dates or production expiring soon. Latest negative review was about half a year from when I bought it (8/5/2012). I thought they fixed the problem. Received the product 2 days later, and STILL NO EXPIRATION DATE!!! I am starting to question the authenticity of the seller.
on November 24, 2008
i've taken this product for 2 weeks. whenever i take it with a spicy meal (curry), i get severe stomachaches (cramping, pressure and nausea) within 10 min. that last 30 to 60 min. the "old" centrum never had this effect on my stomach. what's in this new formula?
on October 19, 2011
I bought vitamins and received them timely, but the expiration date on these vitamins are 02-2012 (I bought these vitamins 10-2011). Highly dissatisfied. I looked at my old vitamins I bought a year ago and even they had an expiration date of 02-2013, which is later than the vitamins I received from you.
on August 7, 2008
These vitamins are average, and they work well. I've never been disappointed by Centrum. They are cheaper online too - a definite plus. If you need a good average vitamin and want a bit of a "kick" with them, this is for you.

Note for those avoiding iron: this already has a full daily value's worth. So, if you're eating a lot of meat, or are younger and don't really need it (studies have shown extra iron can be very bad for you), might be better to look for a different blend. Just making a note of it here because I didn't know it had it when I bought the bottle.
on June 14, 2012
Received this item and there was a sticker conveniently placed over the expiration date, I removed that sticker to check the expiration date and it looks like that portion of the label was removed. The other sticker was placed over it so that I wouldn't notice.
on April 22, 2011
I bought these because it is advertised to "help support your energy needs." It has higher levels of B vitamins (thiamin, riboflavin, B6, and B12) than regular centrum, which are at 300% of the recommended values.

I really noticed a boost in energy during my morning workouts at the gym. Before taking these, I was really tired when trying to get up at 6am and was dozing off in class. It is not the kind of energy you can get from caffeine-laden energy drinks or the hardcore workout supplements but I definitely noticed a difference. However, as with all supplements, your results may vary.
on October 2, 2008
I love these vitamins, I feel up all day. Without these I fall asleep in class. I love these vitamins.