Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Weekly One ft Nina Nesbitt PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 10 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 14 reviews
on April 10, 2012
Century Optics is behind the iPro Lens system.. and this is where it is getting interesting, unlike the regular run of the mill iphone add-on lenses, Century optics make add-on lenses for broad-cast camers.. this is the folks who provide fisheye views to movie-makers... in other words, somebody with a lot of lens-making experience is taking your iPhone serious. and why should they not.. the iPhone 4 and 4s are both great personal video cameras, the 4s have a stabilized camera image even.

There are two lenses in this kit.
a fisheye lens for really wide shots with barrel distortion.
a wideangle - which fairly closely emulate a 35mm fov
Both lenses are the best optical lenses I have ever tried on my phone. nothing more to say about the lens quality.

So are these worth it..?
the simple answer is a unqualified YES. There is no better add-on lens available for the iPhone.

The longer answer is about the same.
The lenses feature a bayonet mount which permit a quick change between the fisheye and regular wide lens. the bayonet mount the lens far firmer than the typical magnet ring systems.

Love the rock-solid storage cylinder for the lenses. the lenses mount into a bayonet in the storage handle and is secure from scratches when stored.

Only thing Im not entirely keen on is the iPhone case.. two things: first its a pain to get on and off the phone.. and second, I have a steadycam-smootee for the iPhone and to use with this case I had to cut the case in two.. now the case slide in from the top of the phone and still stay firmly in place and I can mount the smootee for stable moving shots.
* OK one more nick on the case.. seriously why not put a 1/4 20 tread for a tripod straight on the case instead of a mini thread with a screw in adapter for the tripod.? just saying.

As for the case being hard to install and remove, for a lot of people who intend to leave it on the phone, it's no big deal. *note you can install the handle and use it to pry the side of the case open then push the phone out through the hole in the backside of the case.

* I do have the Olloclip for the iPhone also, and while it is a great thing and smaller overall, the quality of the glass and optics is simply not the same as the iPro.
*ironically one reviewer, comparing the olloclip and the iPro complained about the shadows in a iPro shot was too dark.. that is a result of great glass, add on lenses with less contrast have more scattered light and therefore less contrast.

Ultimately - the verdict is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED..!
on May 11, 2012
I've used this case+lens set to capture images that would otherwise have been impossible. The fisheye is really great for creative touch, and the wide angle is really handy for use with the video as well. The case attaches extremely well, in fact it takes effort to extract the phone from the case. The handle makes it much easier to hold the phone steady, and the fact that the lenses tuck away in the handle is nothing less than genius. I get comments on the setup every time I use it.

I am removing 1 star as the coating on the lenses isn't perfect though, it doesn't seem to impact the photo quality so far but the coating does not cover the entire surface of the lens on my fish eye and there is a small uncoated edge on the wide angle as well...for the price I'd expect slightly better quality control.
on August 13, 2013
I have only rave reviews to share about this lens kit. It is sharp and easy to use. Also a lot of fun in general.
The only not so fun thing is that the shell-case cover that snaps onto the iPhone is terribly difficult to pry off if you wish to do so.
It would be a bit better if it had a rubberized edges I think..but that said, maybe folks will never take the cover off once placed onto the iPhone.
Regardless it is the best play optics for the iPhone I have tried. I should mention that I make my living with film and photography. I use very high quality gear to insure image quality. I have owned several Century Lens products for my pro Film and Video gear. It has always been tack sharp and beautifully polished, coated lens glass. This is no exception! Samples on eTrips web site.
on October 30, 2012
I've really been pleased with this product. Makes the expensive cameras much less needed. The wide angle and telephoto lens work very well. Easy to attach and very portable in the pocket.

My only recommend to the manufactor would be to make the case a little more sticky. One has to be careful as the case is slick. Otherwise a great product and I'm just careful handling the phone when in this case. Only use this case when I'm hiking or need the extra lenses.

Just hope they come out with a case for the iPhone 5 and allows these lens to be re-used.
on January 29, 2015
So many people like the ollo clip and other cheap lens systems.

And then people discover that Schneider, yes the world class opticals company from Germany who make lots of expensive glass including B+W camera filters, have made iPhone/smart phone lenses.... and you know this is the one to get.
on April 1, 2015
Great!
Product is honestly amazing and would recommend this to others.
on June 8, 2012
Am more than satisfied with the convenience of the lens system and the quality of the resulting photos. Looking forward to the eventual telephoto option.
on December 1, 2011
The Lens package is a great way to take more pictures with your Iphone especially for traveling. I was told more lens may be out soon so maybe they will include a zoom type. The Fish Eye is a fun lens with creative and fun photos but sometimes leaves a funny shadow on some of my pictures and not sure if it should be there. I have to crop the ring out. I have not had a chance to test wide angle but should be perfect for traveling and scenary. I use an Outter Box for full protection with my phone so wish this system was more like that . The black plastic one included is sort of cheap and you have to use that one. It is annoying to have to change covers if I want to take a spur of the moment photo . No flash can be used with this which is another reason I gave it a 4
on January 18, 2013
Easy to install and to use, great pictures. It lets you have fun and you get original pictures to share.
on May 3, 2012
The optics are very good and the lens holder they give is handy. As a practical matter, I do find it a PITA putting lenses on/off the phone. I look forward to better zoom lenses on phones moving ahead.

However, taking the case on/off is a chore. It scrapes against the buttons and I really fear it is going to break them.

Also, I had a pristine 4Gs back and this case allows so much crap to get in that my back now looks like I rubbed it with sandpaper.

I think I prefer a lens that clipps onto phone and does not rely on a case to mount it. especially if the case is clunky and damages phone.