Lyft Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18_gno

on July 31, 2012
The three major providers of single burner propane camp stoves are Coleman. Stanport, and Century. They all work very well, but the Century 4264 Matchless Single Burner Stove is the only one of the three with a build-in piezo self lighter and included carrying bag. Both of these included item make the Century the obvious choice.

All about this stove works as described and works very well. The unit is very stable and a 10" saute pan fits well and is secure on the burner.

There is nothing to dislike about this product.

It should be noted that its 10,000 btu burner provides almost as much heat as a 3,000 watt electric eye. This stove provides all the heat needed for any practical purpose and its output can be reduced to very low settin for simmering.

Don't take the storage bag lightly. A storage bag of some kind is necessary for convenient storage in places like the trunk of your car. The bag is well made and will hold the stove and fuel tank as well. Its a very great plus.

Wil
on December 19, 2012
This is the third single burner stove I've used in the last 8 years. The first was a coleman, the second also a century. The coleman's flame controller turned into an all or nothing device, the century I just tossed, the center portion which spreads the flame rusted through the bottom and was making a lot of noise and glowing red in that area, but still functional.

This model has, by far, the best flame control. I can adjust the flame so low that it will barely boil my soup.

The Peizo electric starter works nicely. i have forgotten about it and went searching for my lighter numerous times so far. It is nice not to have to deal with morning brain when making coffee.

I dismissed the carry bag initially, but now find it is useful.

It does have 4 pan holders/ supports, which can cause slight rocking of a sauce pan placed on it, but a pan placed upon it is still more stable than the 3 support design as shown in the picture and which my previous stoves employed. The flame reflector portion is larger than other stoves, and larger than the picture. I feel this is a benefit to both stability, and efficiency.

Sometimes I find the flame control dial is a little close to the support for the pan holder, and my fat fingers get in the way, but this is by no means a deal breaker.
on October 16, 2014
I used this stove a total of 5 times over a one month period. On day 34 - just past the Amazon return window, it stopped working. I thought perhaps I had a bad bottle of propane. Nope. Tried 4 different bottles. Nothing. Nada. Zip. Stone cold DEAD. I have no explanation, other than to speculate something went wrong with the regulator. I take excellent care of my gear. In fact, I was testing a new coffee pot on my kitchen counter when it quit working.

I really liked it up to the moment it died, so I'm ordering another in the off chance this was a fluke. If you don't see any further updates here, you can assume the second one is working fine. Otherwise I'll let you know!
on July 22, 2011
Great propane stove that is built very solidly. Perfect for camping and your emergency preparedness kits.

Pros:

1)Electronic ignition - has always worked when tried

2)Solid construction, quality burner puts out plenty of BTUs

3)Gas valve regulator is much more precise than other stove brands - You can put it down to a low simmering flame or all the way up to maximum.

4)Great price - picked up for $22

5)Comes with a carry bag to store the stove and base.

Cons:

1)The propane tank stand could be a little wider for more support when you have a bigger/fuller pot that you are cooking with. It would help with stability.

In conclusion, this is exactly what I was looking for in the right price range. It easily costs $10 less than other brands that don't even include the electronic ignition.
on November 4, 2015
The knob, valve, and sparker mount didn't match that in the picture.

This valve seems to have a springiness to it. As you turn the knob, it weakly fights back, requiring more observational flame management.

I can't seem to find a propane stove that has nice valve control like the $20 butane cooktops such as:
Nature's Quest Deluxe Portable Gas Butane Stove with Free Case

The piezo sparker is a nice touch and easy to use. I notice the tip of the sparker glows red when in the flame, which makes me question its longevity.

For this type of stove, it is probably the best out there, if anyone knows of better, please let me know ASAP.
on August 28, 2014
Would not light off with the "click start' device. Needed a flame thrower to get it going. After it did light off, it would work with the "click start" until it cooled off. I had both new and used 16.4 tanks, It did the same with both new and used tanks. .

Called Century and described the problem....they advised to return for another unit. I like the features and will try one more before going to a different brand.

I failed to mention that the above problem was for a USED stove , rated very good by Amazon.

I since received a NEW Century #4264 stove and it works as it should. VG product, would recommend.
on September 27, 2011
I go camping a few times during the summer months. Recently I lost my trusty Coleman single burner stove that's been in service for 10 years. Very well built but poor flame control for low heat simmering. The replacement Century stove costs $7 more and comes with electronic lighter and a carrying bag. The step-less flame control is excellent and the main reason I bought this stove. The only negative I see is the lower build quality and the thinner sheet metal compared to the Coleman. Will see how it holds up in a few years.

Positives...
- Low heat flame control
- Electronic lighter
- Carrying bag

Negative...
- Build quality not as good as Coleman single burner stove (-1 star)
on December 29, 2014
I ordered this as a gift and I would order again for myself. It's a little more expensive than the single burners I found locally (like Coleman or other brands at Wal-Mart) but it was the only one that was matchless, and felt way better in quality. It also comes with a bag big enough that I was able to store a little camping pot to cook with along with the burner and stand. It is also very light. I highly recommend for camping trips or even to just have for emergencies!
on April 6, 2016
all good but how long will it last because it has heated spot weld together
on July 23, 2014
This is a replacement for the same model which I have had for many years. The old one still works fine, but is getting a little corroded so I thought a replacement is in order. I use it on my boat for cooking and coffee. Takes up very little space compared to a 2 burner coleman type stove. No hose to connect so it is as simple as burner can be.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.