Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 35 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 62 reviews
on April 29, 2015
Okay, let's be honest. This may be one of the best albums I have ever heard, in my entire life. I can listen to this everyday and never get sick of it. The album flows perfectly. It is like a story and even at the end, the very last song ends-like a story.

I first listened to Foxygen in 2013 and I really liked San Francisco and No Destruction, but didn't really get into the rest. In 2015, I started listening to it again and I can't stop. I feel like such an idiot not listening and loving this earlier. I mean-BLUE MOUNTAIN. What a brilliant song. The entire album is good. Which is hard to find these days. There is something to be said about putting on a record and listening to the entire thing and loving every song. I can not say enough good things about this. They are also amazing live. Sam France is crazy, but in a good way.

**I do not recommend buying any records off Amazon. I have purchased this item twice and both times it was warped. It was sent in good packaging so I am not sure if it's in a hot warehouse or not stored vertically. But use caution. This also happened with a Tame Impala record I purchased.
on June 3, 2013
Let me first say that I LOVE Foxygen. I saw them in concert once as an opening band and then checked them out and figured they are great. This album is also one of my favorite albums recently! What I don't like about this album is the production. The first time I played it lots of the songs skipped especially Shuggie (which is my favorite song on it) I thought it would maybe fix it self after a while but defiantly not it still skips. It might even be my record player but I don't think it is due to the fact that I play other records all the time that don't skip. It's whatever though, great album all in all. If you want to listen to it before you buy it I would say listen to Shuggie and San Francisco first.
on April 13, 2015
Foxygen's "We Are the 21st..." is an album that pays homage to many styles of rock and folk, and combines good song writing with respectable musicianship, and ties it all up with a well produced collection of songs. My favorites are "No Destruction," "San Francisco," and "Shuggie." After those, I'm less impressed, but that's just me. "On Blue Mountain is listenable, though the title track should have been left in the last century.
on July 11, 2013
The experience with the vendor was superb, no complaints. The CD arrived in great condition and timely. The band's album wasn't as strong as I had hoped it to be. A friend recommended them and I went to Youtube to listen to their songs. Not much variety was available so from what I heard it sounded worth the try based on the song San Francisco which is a pleasant pop song. I may need more time listening to the CD but I wasn't knocked over and therefore don't believe I will be buying another of their CDs but am not unhappy about the purchase.
on January 23, 2013
It is very rare that you come across a brand new band in today's age that doesn't just sound like some other rip off of some other latest trend in the industry ear rape extravaganza.... THIS, on the other hand, is NOT that kind of record! This album is an art-form in itself. Much like a book to unfold, there is a message in the music. There lies within the lyrics a secret to unravel. The freshness of the smell of this vinyl record is rivaled ONLY with the freshness of the sounds it produces!

You can hear echoes of The Velvet Underground, The Violent Femmes, The Beatles, Pink Floyd, and I even though I could hear a touch of Red Hot Chili Pepper influence, if not just for a moment. I could go on and on about what each individual song sounded like, but why do that when you could just go listen to the full album streaming for free online. Just google [Pitchfork Foxygen] and its the 3rd link that pops up.

Just be forewarned, you will suddenly have a spontaneous urge to buy this album upon hearing it!

Also: If you buy the vinyl you are in for a treat! Not only does it come with a free download code, but I would swear up and down that the speed of the album is just slightly faster than what I heard streaming on that website I mentioned above...
on February 19, 2016
Some good tracks on this album. I usually buy older music. Actually bought it for a particular song, but there are several good tracks as I said.
on September 9, 2013
I bought this album on a whim after hearing a bunch about Foxygen during SXSW. I was definitely not disappointed! Foxygen combines a Dylan-esque folky sound with light-hearted, poppy lyrics. It's very whimsical and easy on the ears. Great new music!
on June 23, 2013
While listening to this record, you will constantly be reminded of classic records from the 60's and 70's, but nothing ever feels like a rip off. It gets gloriously unhinged towards the end (and more and more Motown-y) and will leave you feeling satisfied.
on July 17, 2013
My favorite tune is No Destruction. Love the lyrics and love love love the dylan-esque sound. I first heard it on KCRW and immediately struck by it and went in search for Foxygen on Amazon. Their music is great fun!
on October 8, 2016