Century Tidal Wave HydroCore Heavy Bag
|Price:||$114.44 - $339.59|
|Sale:||Lower price available on select options|
- Choice of weights and sizes
- Durable vinyl outer shell
- Foam layer with water core
- Black and yellow design
- Variable weight system
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
The Hydrocore, on the other hand, has a heavy gauge plastic core that you fill with water to give it the variable amount of weight you want, surrounded by a thick high-density foam, which never settles, solidifies, or becomes an issue. So, the feel, and response of the bag is consistent over years (I've been using it approximately three years). Additionally, since the outer core is foam, it has give, and (in my humble opinion) a more lifelike feel and reaction.
Another plus is that it's a double ended bag, so you can tie it down from the bottom, and restrict it's movement, which I've always appreciated when delivering combos, and kicks.
I've had it for over three years, and I've clocked quite a few hours/week on it regularly, and it has yet to show any heavy wear or abuse. So, it gets a thumbs up for durability.
I give it five stars, since I couldn't find an appreciable downside on this bag.
- Uniform hardness, and it cannot consolidate anywhere because of the foam layer. I can hit the top or the bottom with the same degree of resistance.
- Soft enough to where I can practice without gloves, and can even practice front kicks and open-hand strikes
- The water absorbs much of the impact, making it a quieter bag to hit (it does not rattle the whole garage like the other bag)
- Sturdy construction. It has a durable outer shell that is soft enough to where it won't scrape bare knuckles. The inner tank is heavy gauge plastic that can absorb impact without breaking.
Hitting this bag feels a bit weird at first if you are used to a sandbag-weighted system, but you soon become used to this bag, and it really does have a life-life feel upon impact. I repeat advice from another reviewer: do not fill with water to the tip top. Allow 3" space from the cap to prevent water spillage.
Excellent bag for the money.
When you hit this you can feel the internal water reverberate, taking some of the impact. Initially, it's a very strange feeling to get used to, but after a workout, you notice how much less impact you've taken.
- I like the impact absorption, especially with kicks. Compared to my old bag that became hard on the bottom, this is easy to kick and you barely even notice the impact when kicking with all you've got. I presume that when the outside foam on this bag wears out, it won't feel great though, but new foam will be easy enough to put in.
- This is somewhat of a con, but I feel it leans more toward a pro. When you get this, you'll pick it up and wonder if anything is in the box. This makes it a great pro for transport. Get it setup wherever you want it, then fill it up (hopefully you can get a hose to it). The con side of this is if you move or need to move the bag, now that it's filled with water, it's awkwardly heavy and you need a good method to drain off the water (I recommend a hose to drain if you have a drain that is lower than the bag). If it's setup somewhere that is not close to a place to drain, then the pro of this being light goes out the window until you can get it drained.
- I would have rather not had the chains be a single connected unit and used S-hooks or something else. The chains were a little long for my situation, and it would have been nice to simply connect an S-hook higher on the links to raise it up a little.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I've hung several bags up outside (nothing expensive mind you!) and this is the only one that has stayed up. Read morePublished 4 months ago by JT
In all, I like the bag. It has an amazing amount of give and feels good when working with it. Now for the things I don't really like. Read morePublished 4 months ago by R. P. Harris
The bag does exactly what it says it does. I received the bag in a very light box and immediately took it out to fill it up (leave space at the top so when you hit it water doesn't... Read morePublished 4 months ago by johnd3101
I am in the market for a new one. I worked out, punching and kicking it for a half hour or so. It was weeping when I came back. Read morePublished 6 months ago by Dr. Stepp
This bag is awesome and travels light. Everyone else has already said what makes it good.Published 6 months ago by B. Sheppard
I always wanted a heavy bag and decided to go with this one. It has the best reviews and looks long lasting so this is great in my book.Published 10 months ago by kelvon sledd