Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser, 12 Ounce
Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Gemini Syndrome Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Water Sports

Style Name: Facial Cleansers|Size: 12 Ounce|Change
Price:$9.79+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on May 27, 2013
I've been using Dove soap unscented for sensitive skin along with Lubriderm to solve dry skin and eczema. It has not helped. I'm now using CereVa Hydrating Cleanser in the shower and CereVa Moisturing Lotion afterward, and I have no eczema symptoms at all - no dry skin, no red itchy blotches. My skin feels moisturized all day, even my hands after dish-washing. It's the only product that I've found that helps.
on June 29, 2013
My dermatologist recommended this for my fair, dry skin. I've been using it for a number of years now and don't have any complaints. I'm 73 years old and frequently get compliments on my smooth, young looking skin. Definitely will keep using it.
on June 12, 2015
First of all, I'm 24 and have been dealing with horrendous acne since the age of 15. I've been a long time Proactiv fan, but recently it seems like my acne has grown immune to it so I was back on the hunt to find new products. I've tried several, including some prescription ones from my dermatologist but nothing seemed to tame the acne beast within! Finally, I'm writing this review with the clearest skin I've had since I was a little girl (yes, even better than Proactiv when it was working for me!).

First, this is by far the best daily cleanser to use. It doesn't over dry which even if you have oily skin like me, is very important. Often times you won't know if your cleanser is overdrying your face because your body will produce more oil to make up for it, and then you'll have more acne!

Second, you need a good exfoliator to clean away all of the dead skin and gunk that clogs your pores to begin with. You have to be careful because a lot of exfoliators are so harsh on the skin that they can actually open up small microscopic sores that bacteria nestles inside of and creates acne. My favorite exfoliator is TreeActiv Anti Acne & Rosacea Treatment Sulfur Mask Plus Rhassoul, Bentonite Clay Mask with Witch Hazel & Aloe Vera - Refreshing Lemon Scent (1 Jar). This one leaves your face feeling o so fresh! Also, what's best is that this exfoliator also doubles as the product you need for step 4 :)

Third, a good spot treatment is needed! The standard benzoyl peroxide and salycilic acid treatments tend to stop working before you even finish the first tube so it was hard for me to find one that worked really well. Because I liked the exfoliator so much, I tried TreeActiv+ Tea Tree Oil Acne Solution for Advanced Acne Treatment - All Natural Acne Spot Treatment - Blemishes Gone or Your Money Back! by the same brand and it has worked flawlessly!

Fourth, a good mask that helps pull the impurities and bacteria from under the skin is needed about 2 to 3 times a week. Yes MEN, even you guys should use this! My boyfriend doesn't have as bad of an acne problem as I do, but the acne he did have was remedied by just this step alone! TreeActiv Anti Acne & Rosacea Treatment Sulfur Mask Plus Rhassoul, Bentonite Clay Mask with Witch Hazel & Aloe Vera - Refreshing Lemon Scent (1 Jar) is the same product as step 2 but instead of using it as a wash, you apply it to your damp face and let it dry for 15 minutes before using water to wash it off.

If you do all 4 of these steps, I promise you'll have much much much clearer skin :)
77 comments| 211 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 14, 2014
Hands down, my favorite face cleanser. I found this recommended through Allure as one of the top beauty items. It works great. I use it with my Clarsonic and I have had no issues. I have partially sensitive skin and this doesn't irritate me. It washes away clean with no residue or greasiness. Purchasing by 3-pack was also easy and economical for me. I haven't always been able to find this product in stores. I think it is becoming more popular. This is the hydrating cleanser, but they also make a variety for oily skin types. I haven't used that, but know someone that uses it and also has had good results. I've stopped using expensive skin care lines and use this instead with great results. Also worthy is the facial moisturizer. I prefer all of the CeraVe products.
on November 12, 2015
I would definitely not recommend this for sensitive skin. I used this cleanser for about 5 days, and during that time, my skin started to break out more than before I started using it. Ever since I stopped using it, the breakouts have ceased.
on August 31, 2015
Of course everyone has their own skin types and needs. From what i was reading i was expecting that it would be a nice facial cleaner that would be easier on my face than oxyclean. I used for about 2 weeks and broke out fairly bad and had to stop using it.
on February 3, 2013
I used this for about a month after reading the good reviews. It caused me to get terrible blackheads and my pores to look larger. It's very creamy and feels good but my skin did not like it. I will say I do like the Cerave lotion. It helped the dry skin on my legs. I might purchase that product again but this one is not for me.
on May 8, 2015
Probably a good product but did not work on what I purchased it for. I have seborrheic dermatitis and this did not help with that.
on February 7, 2014
If you want a very basic cleanser that removes most oil from your skin, this may do it for you, but I feel like my skin starts to feel oily again shortly after using it. I had pretty high expectations considering all of the great reviews, but it ended up just not being for me.
on November 29, 2015
Was really excited to use this product as I've read through countless of good reviews.. However, this wasn't good for my skin and made it worst. Been having a really bad acne breakout, but after using this, the breakout seemed to spread... causing my whole face to be red. I thought it could be a "purging" period but my skin kept getting dryer, causing flaking in my skin. Wanted to see how it would go for a while, so I waited a month but new cystic acne seemed to pop up and I decided, nope, this really doesn't work for me. Currently using cetaphil, and while I do still have acne, it seem to slowly calm the state of my face. I know how hard is it to go through acne, so I wish luck for all to find a face regimen that would help their own skin!