Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 84 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 92 reviews
on December 27, 2012
This is the second Crock I've purchased. Both are used for brewing Kombucha at home and do a superior job since they are lead-free and opaque so the tea can brew away in peace. I love the robust construction and plastic spigot. If you don't know about the health benefits of Kombucha, check it out online. Then get one of these crocks and a SCOBY and you are all set.
55 comments| 62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 20, 2013
I have purchased this crock as a vessel in which to brew my Kombucha! It's perfect for allowing the SCOBY to stay on top, and tapping off the bottom of the container without having to pour anything out the top (like my older, much less worthy container). The opening in the top is large enough where I am able to easily pour in the new ingredients with each brew. That large opening is also perfect for seeing just how much liquid is left in the bottom when tapping. It comes with a handy plastic ring that perfectly holds down the cloth on the top. Can't think of a more perfect vessel!!
on January 4, 2015
I'm using this to store colloidal silver I make at home. That is a simple anti-biotic I can use to wash out livestock injuries that doesn't sting the animal but does aid healing.

I did replace the spout with a stainless steel spout (also from Amazon). Plastic develops a static charge and can cause silver to fall out of solution.

No leaks, sets well on a shelf in the pantry and easy to use.
on May 11, 2016
Wonderful! This is perfect for making kombucha! It was recommended to me by a friend and since it's ceramic it is non reactive and opaque = perfect for a scoby! The spout makes it really easy to decant your brew too. I just rest a tea towel over the top to keep it covered and let the scoby still get air.
on August 26, 2016
We use this to brew our Kombucha and it works great. Love the spout, which makes it easy to fill my bottles. I get a dozen Teikis 16oz bottles filled with each brew and have enough left as starter for my next batch. The first crock I received came broke in two pieces. I contacted the seller and they sent me another one that came in one piece. It is a little over 2 gallons so you can make a big batch of kombucha. The fact that it is not clear protects the fermentation process from sunlight, lead free and sits very nicely on our counter. It looks nice also, so we don't mind leaving it out.
on June 5, 2014
Bought this for my wife, because she wanted to start continuous brewing kombucha. It's the perfect size to hold a double batch, which sees us through a week, easily. Good quality, easy to clean, and rock solid. Did a bunch of research before buying, and very happy with this choice.
on October 22, 2015
I LOVE! this crock! It's 2.5 gallons, but isn't so heavy that it's difficult to carry. I make a continuous brew kombucha and I get all the benefits of the long brewing time with this crock. The spigot was extremely easy to install and doesn't leak at all. I'm very pleased. The seller also shipped quickly and it was very well packed. I highly recommend this item.
on October 10, 2012
I love my crock dispenser, I use it to brew kombucha, and it ferment very well in the ceramic. this product comes highly recommended from me, and the price is right.
on May 23, 2017
I needed to buy a new water crock dispenser after I moved and the movers neglected to take this off their truck before leaving. It looks like the original one I had for years. However, I think the plastic ring that goes on the top is too loose because I noticed the crock leaked when it contained water above the top of the crock still visible in the plastic bottle. I am considering contacting the vendor to see if they can send me a replacement ring.
on October 13, 2015
plastic free water storage...yeah, I am looking at replacing the spout eventually. one step at a time. At least I have the water in a ceramic bowl. I think I can find stainless steel spout, meanwhile I believe it is a step up from storing my water in those 5 gallon BPA-free plastic bottles. Who knows, maybe the BPA-free plastic is worse than the BPA plastic.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.