From the Author
Everything you see on the RHCT exam is part of the RHCE exam. In other words, you can use this book to study for both exams. If you're studying first for the RHCT, read the Introduction. You'll find a guide to the topics to study in the book, based on the publicly available Red Hat exam prep requirements.
But more importantly, to pass the Red Hat exams, you need real-world Linux administration skills. This book can help you brush up and enhance skills in areas where you might be a bit rusty. The problem-based focus means you can use this book even after you pass the RHCE exam.
I've updated this book to the latest requirements, including tips on making Security Enhanced Linux play well with any services you may configure. There are now 16 chapters in this book, which means there are many more labs that can help you practice configuring and troubleshooting Linux.
If you're serious about passing the RHCE or RHCT exam, and can afford it, take the Red Hat courses. And read this book. As suggested by Red Hat's Exam prep guide, practice installing and configuring Red Hat Enterprise Linux. Practice installing, configuring, and activating network services. Configure scenarios that require you to debug the boot process. Configure scenarios that require you to repair network services. Practice until installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and maintaining Red Hat Enterprise Linux is second nature to you.
Thank you, and good luck!
From the Back Cover
- 100% complete coverage of all official objectives for exam RH302
- Exam Readiness checklist at the front of the book--you’re ready for the exam when all objectives on the list are checked off
- Real-World Exercises--Step-by-step instruction modeled after the hands-on RHCE exam questions
- Inside the Exam sections highlight key exam topics covered and how to answer questions correctly
- Simulated exam lab questions match the format, tone, topics, and difficulty of the real exam
- Money-saving tips explain how you can study for the exam without buying Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Two complete RHCE exams featuring the same types of hands-on problems that you’ll see on the live exam
- Electronic book for studying on-the-go
- Bonus installation screen review for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3
Covers all RH302 exam topics, including: Installation * Configuration * Partitioning * Filesystem Management * Kernel, Cron, and User Administration * X Window System * Linux Sharing Services * Samba Networking * DNS/BIND, NFS and DHCP * Systems Administration and Security
The best fully integrated study system available
True to the format of the latest RHCE exam! CD-ROM includes:
About the Author: Michael Jang, RHCE, Linux+, LCP, is the author of several computer books and professional certification study guides on Linux and Microsoft operating systems and networking.--This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.