- Paperback: 216 pages
- Publisher: Prentice Hall; 2 edition (February 8, 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9780131482036
- ISBN-13: 978-0131482036
- ASIN: 0131482033
- Product Dimensions: 7.2 x 0.7 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 12 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 4.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (22 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,304,734 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Sun Certified Enterprise Architect for Java EE Study Guide (2nd Edition) 2nd Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Back Cover
Definitive, Comprehensive SCEA Exam Prep-Straight from Sun's Exam Developers! This book delivers complete, focused review for Sun's new Sun Certified Enterprise Architect (SCEA) for Java EE certification exam-straight from two of the exam's creators! SCEA lead developer/assessor Mark Cade and SCEA lead developer/assessor Humphrey Sheil offer powerful insights, real-world architectural case studies, and challenging sample questions that systematically prepare you for the actual exam. For every question, the authors show why the right answers are right-and why the other answers are wrong. Cade and Sheil cover every SCEA exam topic, skill, and technique, including:
- Understanding system architecture and its goals
- Decomposing larger systems into components organized by tiers or layers
- Addressing requirements for scalability, maintainability, reliability, availability, extensibility, performance, and security
- Building effective web (presentation) tiers, and analyzing tradeoffs associated with using web frameworks
- Leveraging EJB 3's enhancements for business tier development
- Covering new enhancements in the JEE 5 platform
- Choosing and architecting the best integration and messaging components for your system
- Using the Java security model to enforce confidentiality, integrity, authorization, authentication, and non-repudiation
- Using the most powerful and useful Java EE architecture patterns
- Documenting Java EE architectures through visual models and narratives
About the Author
Mark Cade is a lead developer and assessor of the SCEA exam covered in this book. He worked at the Sun Microsystems Java Center as a Senior Java Architect, where he has extensive experience creating architectures for Java EE solutions for Fortune 500 companies. He has more than 20 years of experience as a software engineer.
Humphrey Sheil is a lead developer and assessor for the SCEA exam covered in this book. With a background specializing in enterprise architecture and integration in the United States and Europe, he holds a M.Sc. and B.Sc. in Computer Science from University College Dublin. He is currently the CTO at Comtec Group.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
I didn't like the sample questions format. It was way too easy to see the correct answer while looking at the question making it difficult to see where you stand. It would have been nice to have them on a different page or in an appendix. Also, one of the answers was wrong. This is obvious from reading the answer explanation of course. I also felt the "background reading" sections were too thorough. It says the successful candidate must read the EJB spec. This is malarkey. The successful candidate must have a high level view of EJB rather than know every detail of the spec.
When I read the book, I thought the questions were too easy. After taking the exam, I can say they were spot on in difficulty. Overall, I do recommend the book. It served its purpose well - to be a concise guide to getting ready for the exam.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Then I bought this 2nd edition for the JEE5 exam and it helped me again.Read more