Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate All-in-One Exam Guide (Exam SAA-C01) 1st Edition
|New from||Used from|
There is a newer edition of this item:
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
From the Publisher
About the Author
- Item Weight : 1.43 pounds
- Paperback : 464 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1260108279
- ISBN-13 : 978-1260108279
- Dimensions : 7.25 x 1 x 9 inches
- Publisher : McGraw-Hill Education; 1st edition (August 31, 2018)
- Language: : English
- Best Sellers Rank: #176,296 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The labs utilize AWS “free tier” which isnt “free”.
Make sure you turn off/delete anything you create in the labs immediately following completion or you could be stuck with a huge bill before you know it!
I made it a point to log into the billing console to check to make sure i wasnt being charged daily and came across a small fee for 33 hours of NAT Gatway that was running.
A couple of things started bugging me the deeper I got into the book:
1. The author sometimes repeats himself unnecessarily
2. Doesn't always explain difficult concepts very well (chapter 3, VPC was pretty hard to follow)
3. Heavy use of technical jargon where plain English would be refreshing
4. Often guilty of wordy explanations, long sentences and longer paragraphs. There are also too many filler phrases like "you will notice", "please note", "it is important that you note", etc.
5. Not always very effective use of diagrams
I don't want to come across too harsh though. Clearly, the author is very knowledgable and I'm sure this book meets many people's needs based on the number of 5 star ratings. Perhaps this book is just not well suited to all learning styles. I found a very useful course on Udemy (acloudguru) that covers the same course content, but I found, easier to understand and more effective as a learning aid.
Someone from the publisher should review this book again and fix the problems so that future purchasers have a professional quality guide that reflects the price.
Top reviews from other countries
Don't forget to register for the exam software with the product key found on the back cover.
Hope this will be helpful.
I also found spelling, grammar and other errors - like "see figure 1" when really it is figure 2 you should be looking at. These errors were minor, and did not impede my ability to use the book as a learning aid.