|Digital List Price:||$13.99|
|Print List Price:||$17.00|
Save $6.01 (35%)
Random House LLC
Price set by seller.
Cesar's Way: The Natural, Everyday Guide to Understanding and Correcting Common Dog Problems Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 234 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible book with Whispersync for Voice. Add the Audible book for a reduced price of $8.49 when you buy the Kindle book.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Exclusive Video from Cesar Millan
Watch the video
Watch a Clip from the Show
Watch Cesar in action in this clip of The Dog Whisperer with Cesar Millan, courtesy of the National Geographic Channel. Or, tune in on Friday nights, at 8 p.m. ET/PT.
Cesar Millan's Top 5 Tips for Going to the Dog Park
1. Make sure your dog is spayed or neutered, has all her shots, and is in good health. Under no circumstances should you bring a sick dog to a dog park!
2. Do not use the dog park as a substitute for the walk! If you drive to the park, leave your car a block away and take your dog on a vigorous walk of at least thirty-five minutes to drain some of her energy. Never take an over-excited dog to the park.
3. While at the park, don't "punch out" on your calm-assertive leadership. Be aware of your dog at all times, and take responsibility for her behavior.
4. A calm-submissive dog will not attract another dog's aggression--but an excited dog, a weak, timid dog, or an aggressive dog can become a fight-magnet.
5. Know your dog! If your dog has poor social skills, is overly fearful or is dog aggressive, or if you have not yet established your calm-assertive leadership with your dog, find a more controlled way to introduce her to the company of other dogs, such as "play dates" with one or two other dog owners.
--This text refers to an alternate kindle_edition edition.
- File Size : 7123 KB
- Publication Date : August 8, 2006
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Print Length : 234 pages
- Publisher : Crown Archetype; 1st Edition (August 8, 2006)
- Language: : English
- ASIN : B000JMKNLK
- Enhanced Typesetting : Enabled
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- X-Ray : Enabled
- Page Numbers Source ISBN : 0307337332
- Lending : Not Enabled
- Best Sellers Rank: #116,631 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I have seen Cesar's show a number of times, and am a fan, but this is not a training book. It is really more of an autobiography. Cesar has really done so much for troubled animals, and it is an interesting read, but I would not purchase this if you re looking to train a puppy or dog. I highly recommend Patricia B McConnell's training books, as well as the one by the monks. Patricia books are soft covered and approximately twenty pages. She has a number of short books that concentrate on specific issues. The monk book is comprehensive. Both are great.
Guilty as charged letting all 4 big dogs jump all over me licking my face when I enter the house after a long day at work, I must permit them to stop and calm themselves before letting my pack greet me. This will be a challenge, I love their raw energy and love after an hour+ in traffic!
I learned a lot,there's much I didn't like to hear BUT that's my own fault for humanizing my dogs. I have 3 grown children but I've treated my dogs like a sibling or best friend my entire life. We should always embrace change, especially when it will help our dogs that we love so dearly. Now we'll see if you can teach an old man some new tricks, Cesar.
Hint: If your dog walks ahead of you on the leash, goes through a doorway before you, or won't come when you call, or is fat and/or always hyper, you are doing it wrong, and you should read this book before something bad happens (like your little rat dog runs up to a pit bull and ends himself).
Great book, but unfortunately, too many people anthropomorphize their dogs and treat them like people and will think that Cesar is too mean. IT IS NOT MEAN TO GIVE YOUR DOG DISCIPLINE! They crave and need it, much like children. Be a calm, assertive pack leader or do not own a dog.
Dogs also need daily exercise. They have a natural need to migrate. But most dogs are fat like their lazy owners. Dogs are a LOT of work every single day. They are needy creatures who don't understand that you are tired of sick or busy. If you want to be a couch potato and provide no discipline, get a cat.
Top reviews from other countries
Dog owners' Bible.....changed mine and my poochy's lives.
You learn to communicate as a Pack leader, and as a dog would:it's a look,a touch,a soundand a dog who has a Leader is a content,happy dog.....a dog being taught 10 different Human words will struggle to understand our instinctive communication....i cannot express how much we can all learn from this book.