Industrial Deals Beauty Silent Corner STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Final Fantasy XIV Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 129 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 157 reviews
on March 16, 2013
This is the third in the series (I have read all 4). These books should be read in order. There is background you can skim when you read them close together, but this is better explored by reading the previous books. Maybe this one rates a half star more, because the author does a good job of making a new mystery, and solving the old one that has been part of the previous books. Note my use of the word light in the title (I actually reviewed all 4 books in the series and used the word light in each title) because these are not crusading books with gory details or great moral outrages over the horrible things that happen in life. These are light reads with enough mystery to move the plot and enough romance to soften the evils of this world. Definitely worth reading all 4.
on June 12, 2015
Emily Parker lost her husband, Evan, in more just the physical absence from her life after his murder. His secrets began to come out slowly and now in the middle of her investigation of an Asian "family" briefly encountered in a public restroom, a missing teenage friend, and possible prostitution in their small town, it all seems to be getting ready to come out so they can solve his murder, too. What an emotional ride Debra takes us on! This was the first I read from the series and I was easy to follow and keep up with all the action. Well done!
on August 18, 2013
I couldn't wait until the first of the month to read this book after reading the first two books in the series, so I actually paid for the Chain of Lies. I don't usually pay, but this book was definitely worth the money. As in the other two books, I figured out the mystery early on. The Paradise Valley series is not a great mystery, but the cooperation between Colin and Emily and their friends to solve it is where the interest lies. Likeable characters, good writing, and just enough romance/"sort of sex" make these books great reads. They are also fairly quick reads, and that's good because they are rather hard to put down. Dinner was a little late tonight while I finished the book. :)
on January 7, 2017
This is the first book I have read by author Debra Burroughs!!!! It certainly will not be the last. I have ordered 7 books by this author from Amazon. I have read them all and enjoyed each and every one of them. They keep your interest. I hated to put book down until I finished it. I will have to check for more books by this author and watch for any new books she has coming out. Excellent reading!!!
on February 18, 2013
This is the 3rd and final (I believe) book in this series and Wow! What a series.

The story grabs you from the very first book and as if you've been taken by the hand and led along through the other books in the series. You'll fall in love with not only the lead character, but ALL of the 3 dimensional characters-and she builds her supporting characters with such flair its as if there couldn't be anyone other than whom she put there in a given spot. Pure perfection. One thing that's a little different about this series that you don't see all the time is that it took 3 books to get the whole story of the main character-and I can't say enough about the plot strength and characters in these books. Debra Burroughs is another author worthy of seeking out and I'll be looking from more from her.
on May 12, 2015
I am really enjoying this author and this series. The mysteries are engaging and keep you guessing. I love how new information is revealed much later about a previous storyline. Just a fun read that will not bore you too tears. And the characters are just fantastic. I would love to be able to join their group!!
on October 9, 2016
Debra Burroughs books are consistently well written with memorable characters. The Chain of Lies is a romantic suspense story that held my interest and kept me guessing as to who the committed the murder. I thoroughly enjoyed this story.
on January 28, 2014
I loved this story. The story kept your interest and had a good story line. I thought Emily and Colin made a good couple and worked together well with the other characters in the story. Thank you for an entertaining read.
on October 18, 2016
This is the third book in the series. They are best read in order. But if you read them in order, you can skip over the background review in each book. They are light, entertaining mysteries. Don't expect anything deep and thought provoking. These are strictly for light entertainment. No profanity, no sex scenes, which is good for those of use who don't like this kind of book
on March 9, 2015
Ms. Burroughs books are definitely getting better as they proceed. I love that these are just good mysteries and you can actually keep track of all the characters without a notebook at your side. As you read through the series, you become familiar with them and begin to care about them . There is romance, but not a bunch of x-rated sex (at least not yet in book 4 :) Great job, Debra, keep them coming. On to book 5!