Chalene Johnson's PiYo Base Kit - DVD Workout with Exercise Videos + Fitness Tools and Nutrition Guide
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- PiYo combines the muscle-sculpting, core-firming benefits of Pilates with the strength and flexibility advantages of yoga
- Piyo cranks up the speed to deliver a true fat-burning, low-impact workout that leaves your body looking long, lean, and incredibly defined
- 10 easy-to-follow workouts on 3 DVDs, Quick Start Guide, Workout Calendar
- BONUS: Get Lean Eating Plan & Tape Measure
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Who says you have to jump, grunt, strain and punish your body to get amazing results from your workout? Not with PiYo. PiYo combines the muscle-sculpting, core-firming benefits of Pilates with the strength and flexibility advantages of yoga. And, we crank up the speed to deliver a true fat-burning, low impact workout that leaves your body looking long, lean and incredibly defined.
From the Manufacturer
What is PiYo?
PiYo isn't like standard Pilates and yoga classes that make you hold long, intense poses, or lead you through dozens of repetitive, microscopic core movements. PiYo speeds everything up—including your results—by introducing you to dynamic, flowing sequences that can burn serious calories at the same time as they lengthen and tone your muscles and increase your flexibility.
With every action-packed PiYo session, you can burn excess fat and sculpt and define your whole body, as you minimize the aches and pains that can come along with high-impact workouts. No matter your age, no matter your body type, PiYo will help give you dramatically visible, incredibly beautiful results.
What's in the Package?
10 workouts on 3 DVDs, Quick Start Guide, PiYo 60-day workout calendar, Get Lean Eating Plan, and tape measure.
10 Workouts on 3 DVDs
- Align: The Fundamentals This workout breaks down the most important and effective moves in the program to help you perfect your form and get the best results possible.
- Define: Lower Body Get your sleekest and leanest legs ever as you lengthen and strengthen your entire lower body—from your glutes and hamstrings to your calves.
- Define: Upper Body Use this incredibly effective workout to start chiseling away at your upper body to help shape your arms, carve out your triceps, and define sexy shoulders.
- Sweat A traditional PiYo workout that incorporates effective dynamic conditioning, fast-paced cardio yoga-flows, and bodyweight resistance strength training to help sculpt your entire body.
- Core This ab-centric workout hits your powerhouse from every angle to build a strong core, flat, sculpted abs and obliques, as well as a strong and sexy back.
- Strength Intervals Twenty-five minutes is all you need of this nonstop body-carving, calorie-incinerating workout that uses no weights, no equipment, and gives you no bulk.
- Drench This endurance workout maximizes fat burning while it works every muscle in your body. It will not only leave you drenched—it will kick-start your metabolism as you scorch away the fat.
- Sculpt This workout uses varying tempos to keep your muscles under tension for different periods of time. This generates muscular endurance and metabolic changes that will totally transform your figure.
- Buns Focused on the glutes, this workout is designed to lift, redefine, and tighten the entire backside of your body for the perfect tight and round butt.
- TurboFire HIIT 20 Chalene pushes you to the limit with this intense throwback.
- Quick Start Guide Everything you need to know to get started including valuable insider tips to get your best results possible. Plus, discover how each powerful workout is strategically designed to transform your body.
- PiYo 60-Day Workout Calendar Chalene arranged the workouts to make sure you're progressing each week as you build up your strength, flexibility, and stamina.
- BONUS: Get Lean Eating Plan A simplified approach to clean and lean eating designed to fit your lifestyle and your taste buds. Learn how to eat a variety of delicious, nutritious foods that keep you properly fueled, satiated, and nourished—and help you define your best body.
- BONUS: Tape Measure Track your progress as you melt the fat away faster than you ever imagined.
Frequently Asked Questions
What do you need to be successful with PiYo?
The most important thing you need is you. Just grab a yoga mat, water, and towel and find a space wide enough to take a step in each direction. The PiYo 60-Day Calendar comes with the program and strategically lays out your workout schedule to keep you progressing each week as you build your strength, flexibility, and stamina. The Get Lean Eating Plan gives you a simplified approach to clean and lean eating designed to fit your lifestyle.
How long are the workouts and how many days a week is the program?
The workouts range from 25 to 45 minutes, with the majority clocking in around 30 minutes. PiYo is a 60-day program with workouts scheduled 6 days a week. And, because PiYo involves intense cardio, you can get results significantly faster than with traditional yoga or Pilates.
Do you have to be in great shape to do PiYo?
No, PiYo is for people of all ages, fitness levels, and body types. You don't even need experience with Pilates or yoga. Chalene will walk you through everything you need to know in Align: The Fundamentals. Plus, there's a modifier to follow in every workout, so you can focus on form and advance at your own pace.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1) Ms. Johnson is amazing. She is cheerful and encouraging without edging into annoying cheerleader or slavedriver. Her attitude is infectious and genuine. You will enjoy spending time with her
2) Modifications are given for those starting the program or those needing a bit gentler approach. HOWEVER there are some issues (see CONS)
3) Great attention to detail is given for developing and sculpting different muscle groups for a stronger and more shapely participant
4) It is fun and somewhat addictive. You WILL see improvement in your strength, flexibility, and functional movements
1) The biggest critique I have is that transitions from poses are too aggressive and, in many cases, FAR too quick. This could very easily result in stabilizer injury with those healing from core, back, spine or neck injuries or those who don't have the best core strength to begin with. The example that comes to mind is in the 'Sweat" workout. The rapid change from low lunge into a one-foot balanced runner caused an injury for me the first week, and just again today after 6 weeks. If you have ANY history of car crash with spinal involvement, low back problems, abdominal surgery, or core weakness, you MUST listen to your body carefully during these workouts. The modifications are helpful, but they simply decrease the impact of the position once you are in them. The quick transitions in PiYO keep heart rates up, but they also jeopardize the safety of joints or muscles that are a) fatigued from participating and b) unstable due to weakness. Adapt and SLOW DOWN when needed. Better to do 2 sets safely than 4 sets and getting hurt.
2) Another critique related to safety (and one that betrays my affection for yoga) is the BREATH is not emphasized nearly enough. Breath and movement go hand in hand with yoga. This helps give much needed oxygen to the tissues when their demands are the highest, but it also helps the person move with the body instead of jerking the body into cranked up positions. I believe this is another spot that could contribute to injuries.
3) The Shakeology commericals are often enough to be bothersome. At a price point of nearly $80, it seems a bit much to subject the customer to a barrage before and after the workout.
4) The schedule of workouts, while ideal for those in good shape, is a bit too aggressive for most. Your muscles NEED rest (and proper nutrition) to recover and become stronger. The calendar given provides only 1 day per week to rest. You may find you need more, especially early on while you are using and building new muscles. Modifiy and listen to your body accordingly.
Overall, I like it with the aforementioned modifications. I think it's a great way to get folks into working out for the first time, or more seasoned fitness peeps looking for a changeup. Happy hunting!
My results, I have lost 15lbs and 4 inches off my waist. I am more flexible, feel stronger, look leaner, and have more confidence than ever. A quick background, at the time I purchased PiYo I was 44 years old and had been a runner (had a marathon and a few half marathons under my belt). I began having knee pain and was really struggling with tight IT bands. I started a new job that was very time intensive (leaving the house at 6:00am and not getting home until 6:00pm or later) and let my running fall to the wayside. I gained weight (a solid 10-12 lbs), couldn't fit into most of my clothes, wasn't sleeping well, and was truly not myself. During one of my sleepless nights I saw the infomercial for PiYo and purchased the product through Amazon. I started the program and then found some excuses to quit after about a week. It wasn't until I connected with a Beachbody Coach that I really got the motivation to stick with it. Seriously, the coach is free and they have great private challenge groups that connect on Facebook pages that are PRIVATE so you can get support and motivation from others who share your challenges/struggles. Use the coach! My coach never pushed products on me and was truly there as a support system.
The first 2 weeks were a bit challenging for me as I felt very uncoordinated in following the moves and I had no upper body strength as a runner. I would just collapse during the push-ups and thought I would never be able to make it through all of the burpees. But results came quickly, I really watched my nutrition and made some positive changes in my habits along the way (meal planning for the week, packing my lunch and snacks for work, and joining a Beachbody challenge group with my coach). The results I got were with the first 60 day round. PiYo became part of my morning routine, I get up at 4:30am on weekdays to do PiYo and can't imagine skipping this part of my day. I ended up purchasing the slides and adding some of the upgraded videos to my collection.
After 90 days of PiYo I thought I would try another BeachBody program to change things up. My coach encouraged me to try Insanity Max 30 for our next challenge group, and after 2 weeks of really committing to Insanity Max 30 I just couldn't get into it, I love Shaun T, but I went back to PiYo. The first day back on PiYo I was so sore the next day. This program really works your muscles and without the impact of jumping all over the place. After you learn the proper form and how to focus on the specific muscle groups your muscles will be screaming during these workouts. Sculpt kicks my butt every time, my legs go numb and I am beat! LOVE it!
Don't let anyone tell you that you don't get cardio from this program, when I finish a round of PiYo I am dripping in sweat and there are plenty of times I am breathing hard and my heart is pounding from the movement through these poses. I travel for work and the DVD's come with me, I open my laptop in my hotel room and do PiYo on the road. I have even done it on a cruise ship out on the sun deck every morning before everyone else was up and moving about. You don't need any equipment and it doesn't take much space to do the workout so it is completely portable, a real bonus for me as I hate to miss a single PiYo workout.
Let me tell you - maybe all these fit people, yoga addicts and P90X fanatics feel nothing when they start working it, but little old me, oh man!!! I felt sore from the "intro" session! my non-existent abs where very sore the next day. But not too sore! Which is great - because I was able to continue the next day.
The second work out left me sweating, but very happy because I DID make it through the whole thing without giving up. From here I know it will get harder, but I will also get stronger.
The workout seem to pass very fast - I enjoy Charlene and how she talks, and maybe it will get old in a few weeks, but right now I'm looking forward to my next workout every day!
I have only done a few days, but I wanted to add my review here, since there are so few and I will update my progress when I'm done with the 60 days.
I just have to say that if you are new to Yoga and Pilates - this is a GREAT workout to start. If you have never made it through a BeachBody workout before (I tried a few) this is THE place to start.