Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Intex Challenger K1 Kayak, 1-Person Inflatable Kayak Set with Aluminum Oars and High Output Air Pump
|Price:||$69.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Nimble, durable kayak is made of durable welded material with eye-catching graphics for added safety on the lake or slow-moving river
- Cockpit is designed for comfort and maximized space, and inflatable I-beam floors add stability
- Cargo net to store extra gear, and grab line on both ends of kayak; inflatable seat with backrest
- Comes with 84-inch aluminum oar, repair patch and Hi-output manual hand pump
- Measures 30-by-15-by-108 inches (W x H x D), with 27.2-pound weight and 220-pound maximum capacity
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
From the manufacturer
|Challenger K1||Challenger K2||Explorer K2|
|Inflated Size||9' X 2'6" X 1'1"||11'6" X 2'6" X 1'3"||10'3" X 3' X 1'8"|
|Weight||23.9 lb||33.57 lb||31.13 lb|
|Weight Capacity||220 lb (100 kg)||400 lb (180 kg)||400 lb (180 kg)|
|Accessories||86" Aluminum Oars & High-Output Air Pump||86" Aluminum Oars & High-Output Air Pump||86" Aluminum Oars & High-Output Air Pump|
|Item Dimensions||14.96 x 29.92 x 137.8 inches|
|Item Display Weight||11.15 Kilograms|
|Item Weight||24.57 pounds|
|Seat Material Type||inflatable|
|Shipping Weight||27.2 pounds|
|Size||108" x 30" x 13"|
|Weight Capacity Maximum||220 pounds|
|Weight Supported||220 pounds|
This Kayak has a big, comfortable cockpit for easy entry and exit.
The nimble, durable Challenger K1 kayak is made of durable welded material with eye-catching graphics for added safety on the lake or slow-moving river. The streamlined craft slips easily through the water, and its cockpit is designed for comfort and maximized space. Inflatable I-beam floors add stability, and an 84-inch oar and high-output hand pump are also included.
The nimble, streamlined K1 is ideal for a day of fun on the lake or slow-moving river.
- One-person kayak with low profile design
- Cargo net to store extra gear
- Grab line on both ends of kayak
- Inflatable floor for comfort and rigidity
- Inflatable seat with backrest
- Comes with 84-inch aluminum oar, high-output hand pump, and repair patch
- Measures 30-by-15-by-108 inches (W x H x D)
- 27.2-pound weight
- 220-pound maximum capacity
About Intex Recreation
Intex Recreation makes above-ground swimming pools, air beds, inflatable toys, pool and lake boats, and the proprietary Intex Saltwater Pool System. The company has been in business for over 40 years, and is a global leader in designing and producing innovative products for indoor and outdoor recreation.
Intex products meet the most stringent safety standards, undergoing intensive testing to ensure years of safety and satisfaction. During the manufacturing process, trained Intex employees continuously monitor a wide range of factors, including quality of raw materials, calibration of the machines, manufacture and assembly of each product, product testing, and careful packaging of every item.
Top customer reviews
I took the kayak out on a windy day on Biscayne bay in Miami (I live on Miami Beach) and their are several little islands around the bay that are actually part of our parks system. The bay waters were at a light chop, 1-2 foot waves though passing boats and jet skis would give us bigger waves now and then (which is fun, its like kayak surfing), slightly stronger current, at high tide. The kayaks handled just fine, the skeg that it came with kept the kayak straight and stayed on strong, and because the kayaks are inflatable they sit on top of the water and allows a stronger current to just flow under you instead of pushing you with it, so it is easy to paddle even during the tide change
The inflatable seat though is too high, I prefer to sit in a kayak not on top so I deflated the seat but kept the backrest inflatable, is was pretty comfortable, I did notice that the kayak seemed to tilt to the right a little, as if the inflation was not symmetrical, but perhaps I just naturally sit more to the right making the kayak tilt. Be prepared to get wet, the water that splashes on the bow channels almost directly right into the boat, by the time we got to the first island I was sitting in about 5 inches of water, but I never go out assuming I won't get wet, besides these are inflatables so it's not gonna sink. The net on top is a good feature, but again whatever you put there will get wet, not so for my Coleman kayaks which bow sits very high off the water so that things can stay dry. I have included a picture of both my Coleman and Intex kayaks so you can see the comparison. This boat also comes with its own pump which can be stored in the stern of the kayak so you can inflate if there is any leakage ( I did not need it, there were no leaks but I like to be prepared just in case) I recommend inflating it at home then waiting over night to see if there are any leaks.
Overall I think these are a good investment and perfect for a day on the water. I would however recommend investing in a better paddle though, you can get a good one for about $30.
1) I'm a woman- I'm strong but I can't carry a hard plastic kayak. This kayak is ultra light!!
2) Its super fast to inflate and deflate
3) It fits in the back of my Lexus NX 200t
4) My dog can kayak with me, he naps and watches the birds go by. I'm never worried that his nails may puncture the kayak.
5) Its safe and sturdy
6) It's FUN!!!!!!
Now just go and click "BUY" already and it will arrive in 2 days!! You'll be out on the lake by the weekend :-) :-) Have fun!!!!
1. The fun per dollar ratio is extremely high. You'll pay for this after only a few hours of skipping the kayak rental fee.
2. Everything you need to get on the water, except for a PFD, is included.
3. Comes with a decent carrying bag and you can easily fit two or three of these kayaks in the trunk of a compact car.
4. Durable - we've taken the out on the American River a number of times without any hiccups
1. The paddle is usable but a bit flimsy. You don't have to replace it but I did.
2. From the other reviews I've heard of folks having problem with the Skeg coming off. I avoided this problem by installing a lanyard on the skeg right off the bat. I can't comment on whether this is a real problem or not, but I've never had one come off.
3. This is not a fast, smooth paddling kayak. Expect to work harder than folks in rental and to have a lot of left-right movement when trying to go straight.
4. I found that if I put on aerosol sunscreen it will take the paint right off the kayak. Stick with regular sunscreen unless you want to disembark wearing a new coat of gray paint.
5. It's a bit of a pain to get it completely dried out, which you need to do if you're going to pack it away in a closet.
1. The included pump works fine, but spend a few bucks and get a cigarette lighter powered pump. There's a bright yellow 12V pump on Amazon for about 11 bucks that works great.
2. Try inflating it at home before taking it out. If you want to have fun with it, you'll want to set yourself up for an easy time inflating and deflating it.