|Item Weight||1 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||4.4 x 1.28 x 4.4 inches|
|Item model number||MYQ-G0201|
|Batteries||1 Lithium Metal batteries required. (included)|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Size||4.4in. x 4.4in. x 1.28in.|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Number Of Pieces||2|
|Battery Cell Type||Lithium Ion|
|Average Battery Life||3 years|
|Warranty Description||One Year Parts|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Chamberlain MYQ-G0201 MyQ-Garage Controls Your Garage Door Opener with Your Smartphone
|Batteries||1 Lithium Metal batteries required. (included)|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Monitor, open and close your garage door from anywhere with your smartphone
- Choose to receive alerts/notifications on your smartphone when you garage door opens and closes
- Works with most brands of garage door openers made after 1993 that have standard safety sensors. Compatibility: MyQ smartphone App is available for Apple and Android devices including iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Android smartphones and tablets
- Installs in minutes and works with your home's Wi Fi, via the Chamberlain MyQ Garage App
- Included: Wi Fi Hub, Power Cord, Mounting Bracket, Door Sensor, Instructions for MyQ App download
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Chamberlain MYQ-G0201 Universal Smartphone Garage Door Control
Open and close your garage door from anywhere with your Smartphone. Receive alerts when the garage door opens and closes. With Chamberlain's MyQ Garage, your Smartphone, Wi-Fi and any compatible garage door opener, you are connected and in control.
Peace of Mind
No more worries about whether the door is open and your home exposed, no more driving back home to check. If the door is open, close it with your phone. You can also open the garage door for deliveries or to let in a family member who has forgotten a key.
The Chamberlain MyQ Universal Garage Door Controller is designed to work with most major brands of garage door openers manufactured after 1993 and that use safety reversing sensors.
1) Compatible with Apple and Android devices. MyQ smartphone App is available for Apple and Android devices including iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Android smartphones and tablets.
2) Mobile website for other connected devices available.
3) For more detail about garage door compatibility, use our Compatibility Tool at our official site.
Notifications When Your Garage Door Opens or Closes
You'll receive alerts any time your garage door opens or closes, so you'll know when kids are home safely from school or other family members have arrived. Alerts will also let you know if you forgot to close the door when you left home.
MyQ Garage is easy to install and takes only about 30 minutes. Basic steps include:
1) Mount the Wi-Fi Hub near the garage door opener and plug into the outlet.
2) Attach the Door Sensor to the upper panel inside of your garage door.
3) After connecting the Wi-Fi Hub to your home network, download the Chamberlain MyQ app and the app will walk you through the process of programming your garage door opener.
Additional Product Information
From anywhere in the world, with the Free MyQ Home Control App you're able to: Control outdoor lights and your garage door using a Smartphone. Get notified if your garage door opens. Know if your garage door opened while you were away. Stay close. Stay connected. Stay in control with MyQ App.
Control Your MyQ Lighting
Combine security and ambiance with MyQ smartphone control. Easily control outdoor lights and house lamps with your smartphone to illuminate your home when you need it the most, even when you’re away.
(Chamberlain WSLCEV, PILCEV light control products sold separately).
MyQ Works With Nest
MyQ gives you access to your home, allowing you to monitor and control your garage door, from anywhere. As a Works with Nest product, MyQ allows you enhanced control of your Nest Cam and Nest Learning Thermostat from within the MyQ app, presenting a suite of connected home products that give you even more awareness, security, comfort and peace of mind.
MyQ Works With XFINITY Home
XFINITY Home seamlessly integrates all your smart home devices into one personalized platform and app that is easy to use.
Compare with similar items
Open and close your garage door from anywhere with your Smartphone. Receive alerts when the garage door opens and closes. With Chamberlain's MyQ Garage, your Smartphone, Wi Fi and any compatible garage door opener, you are connected and in control. The Chamberlain MyQ Smartphone app is free with no monthly fees.
From the Manufacturer
Universal Smartphone Garage Door ControllerMyQ. Stay close. Stay Connected. Chamberlain products enabled with MyQ technology now allow you the ability to use your smartphone as a garage door opener as well as operate outdoor lights and house lamps. This innovative new feature awards you amazing convenience and incredible peace of mind as you can now monitor any MyQ enabled product from near or far with the MyQ Home Control app. From anywhere in the world, the MyQ Home Control App you're able to: Control outdoor lights and your garage door using a Smartphone Get notified if your garage door opens or if a light was left on Know if your garage door opened while you were away Stay close. Stay connected. Stay in control with MyQ technology.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
the reason only 3 stars, you can not set up multiple users, everyone has to use your email and password
they say working on adding this feature back in Jan 2017, when\if they do I will up it to 5 stars
also they charge a monthly fee for IFTTT integration
using for a couple days now, has worked fine, no issues so far, but the app needs a few thing, no way to see how much battery charge left in sensor, no way to see in app how strong your wifi signal is, they really need to add those, hopefully the device will send me an alert when battery low, time will tell
edit : lost network, app still says connected and door open, but it's closed, would of expected it to say can't connect or something, but nope, the app acts like all is good even though it can't connect
edit : 9-3-2018 - they still charge a monthly fee for IFTTT, everyone in the household still needs to share the same email\password to access the system
edit 12-17-2018 - they still charge a monthly fee for IFTTT, everyone in the household still needs to share the same email\password to access the system
edit 12-09-2019 - can not add up to 3 guests, added a star
If it appears open, I'll press the button in the app to close it, then it will actually open and I will have to either close it again or the garage door will stop responding because of 'too many failed attempts' leaving the garage door wide open with no one home. Really, really frustrating.
Also, the Chamberlain people are impossible to get a hold of.
- this does support WPA2 Personal (all forms AES, TKIP, AES+TKIP); also WEP and WPA (but I strongly recommend WPA2-AES)
- this does work with my Genie Pro Model 1024 garage door opener
- this product does update frequently (so issues seem to be taken seriously)
- this product does connect to my router without difficulty (I have buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH with DD-WRT)
- ipad works with the iphone app
- android app also works (I have android v4.3)
- Registration with full address is completely optional now (even to set timezone as one reviewer complained about in past)
FEW KEY WEB LINKS:
- the manual for MyQ Garage
- FAQ for MyQ Garage (very useful!)
- webpage to log into your garage
- install door detector on garage door (make sure top facing up; I strongly recommend screwing it in)
- plug wifi hub into any electrical socket, you can install it in the ceiling next to the garage door opener but I chose not to (note there is an obvious safety reason to install in your garage but my garage door has enough safety features)
- interestingly this wifi hub can serve as a "router" for setup purposes or a "wifi hub" for usage purposes. to setup you essentially are connecting to it as if it were an open wifi network
- wifi hub has 3 buttons (settings, #1, #2) I have no clue what #1 and #2 do... (see comment below)
- initially blue light should be blinking, this means it is ready to setup connection to your router (if you don't see this hold the settings button down until blue starts blinking)
- do android device setup even if iphone/ipad (iphone bluetooth/wifi thing didn't work for me). make sure blue light blinking. use your wifi to connect to the open wifi network called MyQ-XXX device (XXX is last 3 of your serial #). goto on your web browser (setup.myqdevice.com). The rest should be self explanatory.
- as another reviewer pointed out, there is a rediculously long list of supported openers, pick wisely
- solid green means it worked and is now serving as a wifi hub and connected to your real router.
- next is to link the door detector and garage door opener to the wifi hub and setup alerts
- for this you will need to the website (mychamberlain.com) or the iphone/android free app (search MyQ Chamberlain)
- The app is easier to use to setup door detector and garage door opener
- The website is easier to setup alerts (android app can't setup alerts after open X min for some reason)
- Test as much as you want
- note the wifi hub will flash light and beep loudly if you close the door using the app/web
- this does not auto-close after set time period (PLEASE add this feature!)
- alerts available? (door open/close, door open for X minutes, light turns on/off)
- alerts can be set to trigger all times/days; certain days of week; certain times of day
- it can email and/or notification alert your smartphone/tablet
- all alert triggers are stored for later review
- I've set mine to alert every minute from 5-10 to ensure I don't miss the alert by accident
- the smartphone app has option of using security 4 digit pin instead of email/pw for login/function access.
- yes you can set it up to alert multiple smartphone/tablets simultaneously
DOOR DETECTOR BATTERY:
- 1x lithium coin CR2450 (these are fairly cheap on amazon)
- very easy to access
- I have no clue about battery life.... (will update when the time comes... also see comment below)
I set it from the beginning to email me with every open/close to test its reliability. I've had it for a bit now and initially I had the wifi hub in my kitchen actually. I think either the distance was too far from the door detector or the door detector was not screwed on tightly enough. I was getting initially random alerts that the door was open when it wasn't and vice versa. Small chance it was actually opened but i doubt it. I fixed both issues by tightening the screws on the door detector and moving the wifi hub into my mudroom. Since then I have had 100% reliability. I haven't experienced the router disconnects or other problems I've seen other users have. My wifi bar in my garage is barely 1-2 on my cell phone (part of the reason i'm using mudroom for the wifi hub).
will update as needed.
currently 130$, kind of pricey for just a monitor but i guess it has a monopoly on the market for now until other manufacturers catch up.
Alternatives you can consider...
- schlage electronic keypad deadbolt (approx 100$) -- this is awesome for any door but makes locking/unlocking the door from garage into your house easier. i strongly recommend this one which has a manual deadbolt motion after you enter the right electronic key instead of the motorized deadbolt motion as sometimes the deadbolt isn't positioned perfectly to close and you have to wiggle the door a bit. the motorized one will just fail. great by the way for a front/side door. this won't protect your garage from theft but it will prevent people from getting into your house thru an open garage.
- a new chamberlain garage door opener (example WD962KEV (approx 243$, now 203$ with father's day discount) -- this has myQ built in with the added feature that it can auto-close the door after a certain time without your intervention. also i've had one before with my prior house and the buttons are much more responsive than Genie. also the outdoor keypad works way better and can be closed without entering a key combination (makes sense as it allows you to close quickly from outside or let neighbors close for you without knowing combo). Honestly if i had the father's day discount i would have just upgraded my entire garage door opener.
I'm very impressed with this device thus far. Strongly recommend for now. I've left my garage door open a few times every year by mistake. With thefts and home breeches in our area, this gives much peace of mind. Thank you Chamberlain.
Will update if things change.
Top reviews from other countries
No longer worry "did I close my garage door" when laying in bed....