|Item Weight||37.5 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||26.7 x 13.6 x 8.5 inches|
|Item model number||WD832KEV|
|Batteries||3 Lithium ion batteries required. (included)|
|Size||26.50in. x 8.00in. x 13.25in.|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Included Components||1/2hp Myq-enabled Belt Whisper Drive Garage Door Opener|
|Warranty Description||Lifetime Motor, Lifetime Belt, 5-Year Parts, 1-Year Accessories|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Chamberlain WD832KEV 1/2hp MYQ-Enabled Whisper Belt Drive Garage Door Opener
|Price:||$185.20 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$62.80 (25%)|
Want this professionally installed?
- Service provided by a local pro
- Detaching old garage door opener
- Mounting 1 customer-supplied opener to new bracket
- Installing new motion sensors
- Testing for proper functionality
- Pro will contact you within 1 business day to schedule
- Kick back and only pay when the job is done
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Book the service directly on Amazon
- Receive confirmation within 1 business day
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Ultra-quiet & strong 1/2hp belt drive garage door opener features steel-reinforced belt drive and Chamberlain's Motor Vibration isolation System to eliminate powerhead vibration for reduced noise.
- MyQ enabled technology allows you to use your smartphone to monitor and control your garage door opener. (MyQ Internet Gateway CIGBU required and sold separately).
- The timer-to-close feature automatically close the garage door if you forget, and it can be set for one, five, or 10 minutes.
- The protector system safety sensors with rapid-snap brackets project an invisible light beam across the garage door opening and automatically reverse the door if anything interrupts the beam while the door is going down.
- Quick-install rail system provides faster and easier installation: assembles in 60 seconds, home link compatible - compatible bridge (not included) necessary for certain vehicles. Visit bridge.Chamberlain.Com to find out if a bridge is needed.
There is a newer model of this item:
|Special Shipping Information: Due to federal and international regulations, this product can only be shipped within the continental United States.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
From the Manufacturer
Chamberlain WD832KEV 1/2 HP MyQ Enabled Belt Whisper Drive Garage Door Opener
Belt drive steel-reinforced belt provides ultra-quiet operation
Belt drive system with ultra-quiet operation featuring our exclusive Motor Vibration Isolation System.
Stay Close, Stay Connected with Chamberlain MyQ
MyQ technology enables you Monitor, Open and Close your Garage Door from a Smartphone (Gateway needed and sold separately).
Timer-to-Close feature can automatically close the garage door after 1, 5, or 10 minutes
Motion-detecting control panel - programs new remotes and MyQ accessories easily sets timer-to-close garage door opener lights automatically turn on when motion is detected.
At a Glance
- WD832KEV Ultra Quiet and Strong 1/2 HP Belt Drive Garage Door Opener.
- Ultra-quiet operation
- Timer-to-Close feature can automatically close garage door after 1, 5, or 10 minutes.
- MyQ Enabled Technology.
- Uses less than 1 watt on standby power.
- Lifetime warranty on motor and belt; 5 years for parts; 1 year for accessories.
- Assembly required
- Light compatible with using compact fluorescents (CFLs).
WD832KEV Product Description
The Chamberlain Whisper Drive Ultra-Quiet & Strong 1/2 HP steel-reinforced Belt Drive garage door opener is the ultimate blend of power and quiet. It features our exclusive Motor Vibration Isolation System (MVIS) – which eliminates power head vibration for reduced noise – making it the ideal choice if you have rooms positioned above the garage. As an added convenience feature, the opener has a timer-to-close function that will automatically close the garage door in case you forget. It also features our MyQ technology that allows to you monitor, open and close your garage door from anywhere all from your smartphone(with purchase of a Chamberlain MyQ Internet Gateway (CIGBU), sold separately). Unit includes two three-button remote controls, wireless keypad, motion detecting control panel, safety sensors and delivers 200 watts of light for added safety (light bulbs sold separately).
Features & Benefits
Ultra Quiet Belt Drive
The ultimate blend of power and quiet, the Ultra-Quiet and Strong belt drive garage door opener features steel-reinforced belt drive and Chamberlain's Motor Vibration Isolation System to eliminate powerhead vibration for reduced noise. WD832KEV is ideal for garages that have a room positioned above them.
The WD832KEV Ultra-Quiet and Strong garage door opener is enabled with Chamberlain's MyQ technology, giving you the ability to use your smartphone as a garage door opener as well as operate outdoor lights and house lamps. From anywhere in the world, with an Internet Gateway (sold separately) and the MyQ Home Control app (available from the Apple App Store and Google Play), you'll be able to control outdoor lights and your garage door using an iPhone or Android smartphone, get notified if your garage door opens or if a light was left on, and be informed if your garage door was opened while you were away.
MyQ Internet Gateway required for use of home control, and is sold separately.
With the Timer-to-Close feature, the WD832KEV will automatically close the garage door if you forget, and it can be set for one, five, or 10 minutes. The three-button remote control communicates via a tri-band frequency that always finds the clearest frequency for reliable performance over greater distances. Additionally, the included wireless keypad allows you to set unique four-digit codes for easy yet secure access without a remote. Just one touch of the wireless keypad will close your garage door. The motion-detecting control panel allows easy programming of remote controls, keypads, and MyQ lighting accessories, and it will turn lights on automatically when motion is detected.
The Protector System
The Protector System safety sensors with Rapid-Snap brackets project an invisible light beam across the garage door opening and automatically reverse the door if anything interrupts the beam while the door is going down. The sensing technology stops the door from closing if contact is made with a person or object, and the opener lights turn on automatically when the Protector System's infrared beam is broken. Additionally, the WD832KEV includes Chamberlain's Security+ anti-burglary technology to send a new code every time the remote control is used, and the PosiLock theft protection feature assures that the door stays locked once it is closed. In case of power failure, you can open the WD832KEV via its manual release handle.
Top Customer Reviews
By the way, before buying this, take a look at the price at Lowes.
For those who don't know, "Liftmaster" and "Chamberlain" are the same company. "Liftmaster" is the brand for pro-products (through professional installers), and "Chamberlain" is the name of the company, as well as the brand name for DIY products for you and me. BUT they are the same company, same product.
One thing off the top: IF your garage door is more than 7 feet tall, you need to order an extension for the belt shaft (that goes between the motor and the door). Do this before you begin, or you'll be stymied until you get the extra part, WHICH DOES NOT come in the box. Chamberlain 8808CB 8-Feet Belt Drive Extension Kit
My door is 8 ft tall - and for this and other reasons, I decided to keep the original metal bicycle-chain style "belt" and the steel sprocket that drives it - and the solid metal rod - instead of replacing it with the toothed rubber belt that comes-with. Rubber belts are supposed to be super quiet, which is why some people switch to them (if you have rooms over the garage for instance, it would make a difference). Noise doesn't matter to me at all, and I figure that if the metal belt worked fine for 17 years, it's worth keeping.
To make a longer story short, I took both my old and the new motor units aparts.Read more ›
The extra features available on the wired control set will come in handy (motion sensor, timed door closer).
My chief "complaint" is in the extra cost for an 8' door. I decided to try to install this on a 7' door and it works fine. The only drawback is that the door doesn't come up completely. With another 8" or so, it would be up as high as the professionally installed LiftMaster on the other side. I'm willing to live with this to avoid having to spend another $50 and the additional time to install it. There is a bolt that protects the trolley from hitting the motor unit about 6" away from the motor unit (see photo). I'm not sure if anyone has removed that bolt to allow the unit to go a bit farther, but that 6" would raise the unit up almost completely.
Additionally, I installed the belt according the instructions and released the spring. It seems to be 1 1/4" long now as indicated in the installation instructions. However, when the unit is raising, the right hand side of the belt gets so loose that it drops below a piece of the trolley. I'm concerned that over time this action will result in problems (i.e., it may get stuck down there putting too much tension on the unit, it may wear the belt faster, etc.).
For those replacing an existing unit, I was able to reuse a lot of the existing equipment. I didn't have to run the wires to the sensors and the wall control unit. I was also able to reuse the hangars for both the rail and the motor unit as well as the apparatus that attached to the garage door. That made the install quite a bit easier.
Other than that, though, this model does represent a significant upgrade from my 20 year old Chamberlain.
1) It is noticeably quieter. It uses a long rubber ribbon to pull the "trolley" back and forth. My previous opener used a metal screw drive, which tended to squeak and squeal. Now, all you hear is the wooden door being jostled around as it is pulled up and down. This sound was always there but drownded out by the other noises made by the old opener
2) More features and options to open/close. In addition to a clip-on remote and a wired switch inside the garage, this model added an additional option with an outdoor, wireless box that has a programmable secret code. This is a welcome addition for when the garage is locked and I don't have my keys or am near a remote opener. There are also features to close the door after a set time, turn just the lights off and on, and set the amount of time the lights remain on
3) Lights turn on when you trip the saftey beam. I like this feature since many times, after the lights time off, I enter the garage in the dark
1) Not backwards compatible with older Chamberlain remotes. This is due to enhanced security that randomizes the code the opener uses.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
7/19/2016: Started unboxing opener, noticed that it didn't come with any remotes. Nice. Spent 15m just waiting on the hold for someone to come on the phone, they agreed to ship two... Read morePublished 3 days ago by D. Clements
Awesome garage opener. it is quite and works great. When paired with the MYQ internet gateway it is the best garage door opener. Read morePublished 3 days ago by Jet
Chamberlain belt drive, only way to go. This is my third one and so far the best one at the best price. Great value. Buy it.Published 5 days ago by Jim R
Super quiet garage door opener! My husband picked out this product here on Amazon and the price is lower than what we've found in stores, we also bought the installation through... Read morePublished 15 days ago by Chandra
Great unit!!! Very quiet and works great from any iPhone. Love being able to tell if I left the garage open and if I did I can close wherever I am at:)Published 16 days ago by Jason