Top positive review
73 people found this helpful
Fit well, thin fabric, good shorts
on April 20, 2014
I bought these to replace some basketball shorts I had that have been worn out. I got the black in large and I'm a 5'9", 190 male with a 36-ish inch waist.
1. Light fabric. Some basketball shorts feel like they have a whole different pair of shorts sewn into the first pair of shorts. These do not have that problem. They're light, airy, and the fabric is comfortable (after a couple of washes, it really hits that sweet spot for basketball shorts).
2. I usually go between a Large and an XL depending on the maker (same with waist size, usually between a 38 and a 36 depending on the maker). After reading the reviews I went with the large. They fit me just fine around the waist and go about 1.5 inches below my knee. Perfect fit and length for my age and style.
3. The pattern looks nice. It's not just the standard "fabric with holes" but there's actually a discernible patter. If you're on desktop and zoom into the picture you can see it but it's a little hard on mobile (I missed it entirely when ordering).
4. Cheap. There are shorts on here going for $40-$50 and these went for $11 (Large, Black). Couldn't ask for more out of an $11 pair of shorts.
1. We'll have to see about durability. I update my reviews when things go wrong so if you still see this as 5 stars then nothing has gone wrong yet. That said the fabric is thin and airy which means it's probably also easily ripped or will get torn up by the washer/dryer eventually.
My best advice (if you're ordering these shorts) is to either order your size or a size above (depending on how loose and baggy you like your shorts). I'm an in-betweener (between Large and Extra Large) and after washing the shorts they did shrink a little bit but not enough to make them too tight or not long enough. For $11, it's a solid pair of shorts. I'd recommend them.