Industrial Deals HPC Design the future with O'Reilly Media Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon life life life  All-new Echo Save $10 on Fire 7. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop now HTL17_gno

on July 21, 2013
Several months back I bought some boys champion shorts at Target for my 8 year old son. They are great so I wanted more. I was excited to find them on Amazon for a great price. I ordered the exact same size as the pair that we bought at target. But the sizing is totally different. These shorts are huge and hang off of him---I'll keep them since I know he'll grow into them. But I was generally disappointed.
on February 20, 2014
which is exactly what my boy wants in his shorts. It's so hard with kids sizes - my son could wear a size 7 in the waist but then everything would be too short, so he wears a size 8 with a little extra space in the waist. But they don't fall down when he runs or anything.

For comparison, I think my son is not skinny, probably average size, and a little bit tall for an 8 year old. He weights about 63 pounds.
on January 8, 2014
The shorts are good quality and the color (orange) is just as vibrant as the picture shows. My only issue is with the sizing of these shorts. All of the reviews on here so far describe these shorts as "huge" and some even say they believe them to be adult sizes. So, I ordered under the assumption that they were closer to adult sizes rather than boys sizes. I wear a men's small in Champion brand shorts. I chose to order these shorts in medium to be safe in case they did run a bit smaller like boys sizes. However, they ran very much so smaller than adult. In order for me to comfortably fit into a pair of these shorts I should have gotten at least a large. I believe that these shorts are in some weird sizing scale in between boys and men.
on November 28, 2013
The shorts are waaaay too big for my son. I like to buy his clothes in such a way that he can grow into them but, man, these things look like a skirt on him. Decided to keep the shorts because he can still wear them around the house and in the farrrr future wear them outside the house.
on May 8, 2014
My son had several pairs of these from Kohl's, and they fit great. He finally got to the point that he needed a larger size. He was in a medium, so I ordered six pairs of large shorts. When he tried them on, they were almost four inches longer than the mediums. He was swimming in them. I held them up to my husband, and they were too long for him (He's 6' tall). Very disappointed.
on June 25, 2014
My son is 5 feet tall and weighs 83 pounds... he's often called a bean pole :) I bought the size that would find him per the size chart. The waist in the shorts fit him but the legs are huge! Long (mid-calf) and wide. He's usually tough to find things long enough for that don't slide right down. These are an exception, but in a bad clown like way so they went back.
on April 16, 2014
These shorts are terrible! Way too big for kids sizes, and too slim for adult sizes. These shorts are also super long-
Below the knee! They are not sized right- I don't recommend buying.
on May 30, 2014
My daughter wanted baggy basketball shorts to wear as pajamas and these are awesome. Super comfortable and actually kinda cute with a tank top. They are soft and long. Try finding shorts for girls that are not booty shorts these days! They are modest and most importantly really comfortable and wash well.
on February 21, 2014
I'm not sure these are really 8-20 boys shorts. Based on the sizing chart I ordered 6 large for my son but they were too big, so I order 2 more in medium which fit with enough room to last him a while. The quality is excellent so I didn't mind that they were too big as my son will soon be wearing them.
on September 16, 2014
They need to be more specific on the sizes. I order the shorts based on the harts they had and they were way to big for my son. Other then that they are good. I just put them away for when he fits into them. My son is a size 8-10 in boys.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question