Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 180 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 188 reviews
on October 28, 2011
As a four season cyclist, I am often having to carefully adjust my layers of insulation to balance the initial cold with potential overheating. The Champion double dry long sleeve t-shirt is perfect for these precise adjustments as it is quite thin. It is a nice addition under a fleece insulation layer, which is beneath my overpriced Arcteryx jacket. The shirt doesn't retain moisture so when I finally warm up in the middle of a January ride, I don't perspire excessively. If I need to cool down while riding, unzipping the other two layers allows humidity to vent through the fabric and force cold air around my upper body.

On occasion, I will wear this shirt during my heavy free weight workouts. The shirt is so thin it doesn't restrict any motion. Again, it can be used under a fleece layer during the initial part of the workout to warm up the muscles quickly. For early fall cycling, this shirt can be tightly rolled up and placed into a large under-the-saddle bag leaving enough room for a cell phone, wallet and keys.

After a year of frequently wearing this shirt, there are no snags or tears. In total, I have been very happy with my purchase. This shirt is highly recommended for anyone exercising in cold weather needing a thin layer to tweak heat retention.
on February 6, 2013
I'm just over 6'3", about 170lbs and wear a 16"x36" (or 37" if I can find them) dress shirt. After scouring the Internet looking for a long sleeve running shirt with sleeves long enough for me but that isn't big enought to fit three of me inside, I came across this shirt. I checked the sizing chart, and lo and behold, there it was, a medium with a chest at 38"-40" and an unbelievable sleeve length of 38"!! I just checked again before writing this review, and that is still listed in the sizing chart.

Well, I'm sorry to have to disappoint any of my fellow orangutan-appendaged runners out there, but it just isn't so. The shirts arrived less than 48hrs after ordering, but unfortunately they do not live up to the size chart. Upon putting one on, I discovered the sleeves were a good 2" above my wrist with my arms at my side. The body fit well, not snugly but not a lot of excess material, either. I took the shirt off, laid it flat and took out a cloth measuring tape, and measured the sleeves at 33 3/4" from the center of the neck to the cuff. In other words, pretty much standard medium sleeve length. Maybe if I was being overly generous I could call them 34" sleeves. In no way, shape, or form are they 38" sleeves. So, I will be returning these and continuing my search for extra-long sleeved running shirts.

I did give the shirts 4 stars, because while I did not run in them since I was returning them, I did get a chance to wear one of them and inspect the quality in person. I was impressed with the shirts, particularly for the price. They were well made, they felt very nice on the skin, and I think would have served their purpose very well. Which makes me all the sadder that the sizing chart is so very, very, wrong. If you have normal human length arms, and are in the market for some good, reasonably priced wicking long-sleeved shirts, I would highly recommend these.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that at least on the two shirt colors I got (white and citron), the small logos front and back are highly reflective. I thought this was another nice touch for the price range.
on October 26, 2012
I love Champion's short sleeve shirts, and I thought I would like this shirt just as much, but I don't.

1. The sleeves don't have elastic at the ends, like the Badger brand does: Badger Sportswear Men's B-Dry Long Sleeve Tee If I wanted my hands to be covered up, even partially, I'd wear gloves. Yeah, I know a lot of long-sleeve exercise shirts are like that, but it gets on my nerves. So I'm constantly pushing the sleeves up my arms, which kinda defeats the purpose of wearing a long-sleeve shirt.

2. The Citron color is some kind of puke yellow, much more mustard than the photo shows. Not nearly as bright yellow as the short-sleeve version. I got this to go running in, and I got the color to be visible. It's more noticeable than, say, black, but not as much as I like. And the color is pukish enough that I don't want to wear it in a casual setting.

3. The size is good, no complaints there.

Champion is a good choice for short-sleeved polyester tees, and I like their running shorts too, but buy the Badger for long sleeve t-shirts.
on July 27, 2012
I'm one of those fair skinned people who need to be protected from the sun. I've already had growths removed from my arms so long sleeve shirts are a must for me. For that reason I purchased 3 Champion DoubleDry Training Long Sleeve Tee's, 2 gray and 1 white, based on most of the reviews. To my dismay, the negative reviews were more accurate than the positive. The finished product does not appear to have been inspected by "Quality Control", there are many threads that appear could unravel after only a couple washings. At $21.00 for the gray and $15.00 for the white I would have expected better quality. I should add that I did wash these shirts in cold water and hung them to dry. I was surprised they seemed to have shrunk a bit, tighter in the body, neck and cuffs. They also now felt "itchy".

I had also purchased a couple brand "A" shirts and brand "C" shirts which did cost more but the quality is worth the additional cost. On the positive side I do like the slate gray color of the Champion shirts but not enough to keep them.
on July 7, 2012
I got this shirt for biking, mostly because I thought it would feel cool in summer, but also for protection from the sun that the long sleeves would provide. I ended up not taking it off for three days. It just felt so good.

It is much lighter than cotton, although that can make it just a little bit clingy on the skin. The best thing about it is that a breeze or the air from biking blows right through it. You can feel the wind on your skin as though you weren't wearing anything. The evaporation creates a great cooling effect.

The shirt really looks great too. I'm not in the best of shape, but it makes me look better than I am. The long sleeves are easily pushed up if you want a short sleeve effect.
on December 7, 2012
These shirts are solidly engineered, and for anything under $20, they are an incredible value. These will keep you dry and comfortable in most conditions, hot or cold--the result is that you will stay cool in the summer and warm in the winter. I wear this as my only layer (along with gloves, a hat, and pants) while running in 38 degree temperatures. I think this shirt would probably suffice in all weather above freezing, but I have yet to run in sub-freezing temperatures.

As long as you cover your hands and head, I think this acts as a good layer that keeps your body temperature well regulated.

When the wind blows, I do feel a little bit of a nip, but it's not bad. Just keep in mind that these are not windproof at all.

I also like to use this shirt as a thermal layer underneath a fleece or tactical jacket when I go hiking. This is all I need in freezing temperatures, so long as I am moving about and generating body heat.
on July 24, 2010
I purchased this shirt for running. The long sleeve will keep my arms from getting too tanned. This shirt is very comfortable and the feel is great. The material seems to transfer the sweat away from the body similar to Nike dry-fit shirts. The price is much more affordable compared to other, more expensive brands. I am waiting for some lighter colors to be available because running in the summertime with a dark blue or black shirt is a little too warm for me.
on May 27, 2015
Wasn't happy as I could be as Champion changed the fabric they use on this item to a mesh, which though may dry faster in use, I don't like as much as the original material they used to use. Also, they reduced the cut of the size, from the previous model, BOTH in length and width.

The mesh is a particular problem with a white shirt, i.e. if you're body type is of the, "hirsute," variety, your body hairs will weave their way through the webbing and are difficult to remove. This is not an issue with the black color.
on February 9, 2014
These are great shirts, but I'm still looking for the ones that Costco sold for a short time, years ago. The ONLY drawback with the shirts is the loose knitting/air holes... the slightest thing will snag on it.. The ones I liked have a very tight weave, and have lasted me for years.
on July 21, 2012
I saw reviews of some joggers saying it was great at something like 35 degrees, so I figured I'd give it a shot. However, I bike, which means I go up to about 30MPH, so obviously the effect of the cold air is amplified a bit over what a jogger would experience.

That said, these work great when it's above 55 or so, which is good... just not EXACTLY what I was hoping for. I'll just need to get something a little more thermal for the cooler days.

Construction and quality is good. Comfortable (though I suggest washing it first to break it in a little) :), and it looks nice. Overall I'm pleased with it.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.