Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 267 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 280 reviews
on May 22, 2013
I am a 40+ year old man, and work out at least 3-5 times per week. My workouts generally consist of kettlebell training and body weight exercises (pull ups/dips). I've tried Under Armour, I've tried Starter and some other brands. None compare to the quality, value and construction of these shorts (I have three pair to go with three of the Champion Men's Double Dry Core Muscle Tee).

I was looking for new workout gear, you can see my review for the matching Champion shirts, and I bought these shorts to go with the shirts. Very happy with them! When I ordered these shorts, I din't see in the product description or the reviews whether or not they have pockets, and they do. I use my smartphone for tunes, and the pockets are roomy enough for it to remain secure.

These shorts are not form fitting, but hang loose enough to feel good without being too baggy (I'm 6' 1" and 245). The construction is good. The material is far superior to cotton to work out in. I do sweat a lot when working out, but I feel much more comfortable in this vs. cotton. I was somewhat worried when I ordered these shorts about their durability, as I work overseas and our laundry is done by local nationals. However, after having these shorts (three of them) and the Champion Double Dry Core Muscle Tee for well over a month now, they are as good as new. No issues there at all.

Highly recommended!
My husband has had two of these shorts for the past eighteen months, and he loves them so much that I just hopped on Amazon (where we bought the original two) to buy him two more, along with two more of the Champion Men's Double Dry Training Tee.

These shorts are really nice quality, and have held up well with weekly washing.

He sweats a lot, and they do a great job of absorbing sweat and odor.

After awhile, we have found that the odor tends to stay inside the fabric, but they're fairly inexpensive, so replacing them every two years or so isn't a problem. (They haven't started to smell yet, but I bought him more since he's been working out more and needed more pairs.)

He's also found them to be very comfortable for just lounging around the house.

Champion always has great products, and these are really nice quality!

They're not fancy, but they do the job and do it well.
on February 4, 2010
These are good shorts if you want a basic pair to work out or just play around. The sizing feels a little big in certain areas. Not necessarily the waist, but the leg openings. I was afraid to exchange for a smaller size because I felt the waist wouldn't be right. I can deal with it, but it's just something to be aware of when buying. One thing I noticed about these shorts that I couldn't really tell on Amazon or Champion's website is the fact that they are somewhat see-through. Might be more noticeable if white or light colored underwear was worn underneath. Something I might do, is get a pair of Underarmour or similar compression type pants to wear underneath while exercising. Seems like I've noticed guys doing that on Fit For Duty. It might look and feel better while doing something like leg presses where the legs are going to be coming up.
44 comments| 73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 30, 2013
I've been a drifit/dryfit loyalist for years, gave into the hype and branding, until now.

My large Nike shorts are too tight for me around the waist, but granted I do like things loose. These are MUCH better, the material is thinner (and of similar/same type compared to other 'dry' items), which for an indoor gym environment is definitely preferable. Waistband is loose, so after your done doing ab work the waistband doesn't make you feel like you need to run to the bathroom, you know what I'm saying - it's not supposed to be a lifting belt.

This gives you the right agility for deep squats, biking and everything in between.

Besides being a high value item, I genuinely consider these BETTER.

5'10", 200lbs, 34/36 waist, ordered large.
VINE VOICEon August 17, 2011
I love these shorts for running in the hot weather. I wear UnderArmour compression shorts under them. They are very lightweight and breathable. They also have a pocket to carry my key and passcard for when I run at work. For reference, my waist is 34-36 and I ordered the size Medium shorts -- they fit perfect.

Update [Sep 2011]: I wore these in a 200mi relay this past weekend. They were incredibly comfortable.

Update [Sep 2012]: I wore these in a 2nd 200mi relay two weekends ago. I finally have one with a hole in it. These have seen a LOT of running!

Update [Dec 2013]: Every pair wore through by the end of summer 2013. So, they lasted about two years. I had some cheap WalMart no-name brand and other Champion shorts lasted longer and with more running. I've reduced my rating from 5 to 3 stars.
on April 24, 2013
After doing some Amazon reviews, I decided to order these training shorts. Not being too sure of the size fittings, I ordered XXL. For the record, I am 6'2 and weight 280lbs. The shorts duly arrived and I have been running with them ever since.
On receiving the shorts, I found that XXL was a little bit too big and I think that a L would have fitted best. Oh well, now I know for next time.
The shorts are light, very light. There are two side pockets, I use the one to store my access key card and so far I have not lost it. I find the shorts dry quickly.
The only thing I don't like about the shorts, which explains the 4 star rating, is that the drawstring is a "closed loop". Meaning that there is no two distinct ends to fasten and tie your shorts securely. This is just a personal preference but I prefer being able to tie a big knot and know that my shorts are not going to fall off mid run...which hasn't happened yet.
But, in general, I like these shorts and will probably order some more at a later stage.
on August 10, 2013
Champion makes great sports garments, very value-focused (bang for the buck), and is very well known for its jersey pieces. But it has also great hi-tech alternatives in breathing fabrics, mesh, etc.
However, most of the shorts do not have pockets... and that is what makes these shorts great! It has pockets!
I use them for jogging and walking, so I normally take stuff with me, like tissues or a small facial towel. This is where pockets become important to me.
I had recently bought a pair of these in black, so I knew exactly what I was buying; only needed a different color.
on June 4, 2012
I sweat when I work out. A lot. I mean, it's ridiculous. And my typical cotton workout clothes get very uncomfortable at the end of a run or heavy lifting session. I started shopping around for some new threads and initially looked at Under Armour. But the high price tag - for what I assumed was just a premium on the brand - didn't appeal. I found these Champion shorts at a local Target and fell in love, so I ordered a second pair from amazon. The waistband elastic is perfect for me, holding the shorts up without being too tight. The mesh is highly breathable and provides a comfortable feel even when I'm super-sweaty. They're a good length for any kind of activity (I'm 5' 10") and extremely lightweight.
on January 30, 2013
These shorts were relatively inexpensive but very thin. They fit well but I eventually found other shorts that were similar and price, much thicker and more durable, and still brand name. Again, there was nothing wrong with these shorts... but for a few dollars difference you can get a nicer pair of gym shorts.
on June 30, 2017
nice

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.