Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 487 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 520 reviews
on February 1, 2013
I really like these. They are definitely supportive and keep me cool without riding or rolling on top. The only thing that keeps me from giving it five stars is something fairly minor; the sizing is too accurate. In other words there's no vanity sizing and as such is smaller than I expected. I wear mediums in other styles/brands and these mediums are a bit tight in the waist. In fact I am convinced I'm exactly between sizes as I think I wouldn't get the same support if I purchased the large. So, I recommend getting a size larger than you would normally buy or better get your true measurement and use their sizing chart. Even though they're a little snug they'll be comfortable enough for working out /martial arts but I probably won't want to wear them all day, and that's only due to the fit concerns.
on October 11, 2014
My husband's favorite full briefs were discontinued by another manufacturer. Of course, they kept the low-rise brief in their lineup, which he cannot wear comfortably. I couldn't find anything like them. because the fabric was great...it was stretchy but substantial.

So we went to a discount store and bought 4 different brands that weren't all cotton (no support) and he picked this brand as the best fabric. He doesn't like boxer briefs, but said he will wear these temporarily because of the quality of the fabric. He thinks they fit just great. I think they just fit, with no room to spare in the band. That's why I bought him the next size up, also.

In a nutshell, a great fabric. A little snug for a size L. But wish they were full briefs available.
on October 27, 2012
Don't know why but shipping said it would take an extra 4 days and it did but these are still worth the wait for this price! Very comfortable, not too tight or constricting but supportive. Legs stay in place and don't ride up and become briefs when I'm active, running, working out, or just normal everyday wear. Pouch holds my junk nicely, not too tight, (they look great!) not too loose and flopping around. Feels like second skin. Am buying more after writing this review!
on December 22, 2015
I decided to try these out after purchasing some Starter Dri-Sport from Walmart and them being discontinued for a while. I'm mentioning this because those are what I got used to so naturally I'm biased towards that.

The Champion variety, while ordered at the same size, was remarkably tighter against my body, especially the front genitalia and the elastic around each thigh hole. I had to break a few of the threads stretching them out to make them it a bit more comfortable. The material leaves something to be desired and is a bit more plasticy than what I'm used to—however, the material in of itself is fairly comfortable and a non-issue while wearing. One of the biggest reasons I have contempt for these is the waist band. It's this thin, flimsy piece of elastic that easily folds over every time I so much as bend a single degree. I also do a lot of walking for my job and constantly have to adjust these; unlike the other tight spots, the waistband is very forgiving and not very strong. These underwear did an excellent job of preventing chafing and venting my groin which is essential for a highly-mobile or hot job (I used to do manufacturing as well and these types of underwear were great).

I have tried four variations of these underwear and here's how I would rate the Champion brand:
1) old style Starter Dri-Star Boxer Brief (conveniently not made any longer)
2) Champion Tech Performance Boxer Brief
3) new style Starter Dri-Star Boxer Brief (drastic loss in quality compared to old style)
4) Russell (sp?) Boxer Briefs (the kind you get at Walmart in a sealed pack; abhor these because of the extremely plastic texture, flimsy waistband, and lack of true stretchability that keeps them from needing to be adjusted throughout the day).
on July 29, 2013
I've been jogging trying to increase distances and the obvious problem that ensues is chaffing in between the legs and crotch. Tried these out today and I am very pleased. I have tried the NIKE Pro compression boxers, Nike Pro Combat, New balance performance boxers (6" inseam), and now these. I am judging based on the end result of Chaffing or no Chaffing among others.

Nike Compression boxers, XL:
For some reason the Nike pro compression resulted in the worst type of chaff in a while. I am a 215 lbs man and used to workout my legs so they are quite thick in nature which. Used size XL which felt comfortable but it did not seem to wick away the sweat and for some reason caused severe chaffing. I feel I would have been better off with cotton boxers than with these. They have the thinnest material out of all 4 i tried, dealt less well with the moisture and were not designed with the crotch shape which make them a bit uncomfortable.

Nike ProCombat, XL:
I then tried the Nike Pro Combat, in XL. These are good however the end of the leg was too wide, and was loose. I gave them a try and it protected me very well but was uncomfortable because it moved around almost like a regular boxer. I think the size might have been too big for me but the waist was perfect so i believe these are made for taller people (i'm 5'9) and with massive leg thickness. Did not try smaller size for fear of the waist band being too tight. The material was thicker than the other nike at the 'in between legs area' and vented it well, it also had a slight crotch shape which made them more comfortable than the other nike boxers.

New Balance Performance boxers 6" inseam, XL:
Tried the New Balance Performance boxers, which were phenomenal. I would say the best out of all but very similar to the champs. They have a 6" inseam, thicker material than the others, and stay in place even while jogging which makes them quite comfortable. They are also very good at dealing with moisture, protecting from chaffing and in addition do fight bad odor which was surprising. These i tried in a 2 mile jog followed by a 3 mile incline walk. The drawback is that they are about six more than the champs and it takes a little getting used to the tightness feeling but its that particular feature which makes sure it stays in place and does not ride up or down.

Champs, L:
Finally the champs tech performance brief were quite surprising. They felt very comfortable and the material seems thinner than the new balance boxers. I tried them out in a 3 mile jog and the results were very good. They protected me from chaffing completely just like the new balance but feel slightly looser which make them the most comfortable out of all yet they don't ride up or down. Their material is also good at dealing with moisture, is thinner, and is shaped at the crotch for maximum comfort and protection. They run true to the size which is why I tried them in Large and they fit perfectly.

Conclusion:
If you have Chaffing problems like I do and sweat a lot it is a tight race between the new balance and the champs. Cost-wise the champs seem better because they do what they are supposed to do. The new balance boxers seem a bit better at moisture, odor, and look like might last longer although I do not know since I have just begun trying all these out. The champs seem slightly more comfortable and are cheaper. Over all i am very pleased with the results of this product and will buy it again.
I bought these recently to see how they'd compare to Duluth Trading Posts' Buck Naked Boxer Briefs. The Buck Naked boxer briefs are about $23 each. The Campion Boxer Briefs were half the cost. I was skeptical that they would hold up but after 6 months they are still excellent. The elastic has not stretched out and the fit is great.

These are very comfortable and fit exceptionally well. I've got a 37 inch waist and ordered the XL size. Good choice for me. I think size L would have been a little tight.

I won't be ditching my Buck Naked Boxer Briefs but at half the cost, I'll be stocking a few of these too. As for my regular old cotton Boxer Shorts... they're going into the trash can. Good riddance.
on December 28, 2013
My husband told me he wanted new underwear for Christmas, but I wanted to get him something really nice. After reading all of these reviews (which addressed all of his complaints about his previous undies) I decided to give these a try. He wants more! I am now ordering several pair (my other option is to do laundry every day because he threw out all of his Hanes and fruit of the looms! Even the cotton champions from target are in the trash!) we literally walked around NYC for hours yesterday, and he was floored that there was no riding up, no chafing, and no sweating! I am so glad I read all of these reviews. I also took the comments about sizing to heart-he normally wears a large, but since several people commented about the, running small I ordered XL. Perfect fit!
on December 26, 2013
I read the reviews on here back in June and went ahead and ordered 7 pairs, as I needed to quickly multiply my stock of underwear for a summer trip. These arrived and fit great out of the box. They all seemed to be up to standard - no defects or any briefs I needed to send back. I was very happy with these... for a while.

I wash these in cold water, followed by tossing them in the dryer on knit/delicate each and every time. In under 6 months the elasticity in these have gone. The waistbands are warping in weird ways, but the most offensive fault in these is the legs. The thighs have lost their tightness and when I walk, even briefly, they ride up my leg, making for a very uncomfortable wearing experience. As stated, I did not order just one pair - each one of the 7 pairs are exactly the same. Each one has a warped waistband and loose thighs. I have not lost or gained weight over the course of buying these, I assure you.

Ironically, I have several pairs of similar boxer briefs that Champion makes for target in their C9 brand, and even though I purchased them over a year and a half ago, the C9 briefs are still going strong without warped waistbands or loose thighs. The C9 "Power Core" briefs have been washed, dried and worn in exactly the same way, so there really is no excuse for these Champion briefs sold on amazon. They are simply not built to last.

Again, great for the first couple months - you'll definitely enjoy them up front, but get ready to replace them by the time the seasons change.

My new favorite briefs are the new line that Jockey is making for target called JKY - A sexier look than both these (rather ugly) Champion briefs, as well as the C9 version, as well as more comfortable and seemingly higher quality. Hopefully they hold up after a few months.
on June 12, 2014
Bought these to use on a backpacking trip where it is important that all clothing is lightweight and dries fast. That means no cotton. These are perfect for that use. They are quite comfortable and fit true to size. One thing that confused me was that the packaging said it contained one pair but when I opened it there was two pieces of clothing. I expected that one pair meant one article of clothing (as in one piece of underwear) so I bought two packages. Not complaining but pleasantly surprised. Anyway that makes this a good value for a.piece of clothing that is turning out to be quite rugged as well. These will last a long time and perform very well. No irritations and they stay in place.
on October 3, 2013
These are the most comfortable, best fitting, supportive daily under shorts I have yet to come across.

That said, it seems as though the supportiveness has diminished over several washings. I have also been losing weight, so maybe it's just that I might need to go down to a medium soon. I would like to stress though, that I have not found a better product than these, at any price.

I have also tried the longer inseam version of this product, and I am not nearly as pleased, but that's another review.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.