Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Garnet Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now

Showing 1-10 of 295 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 335 reviews
on July 17, 2016
I have been looking for a reliable quiet inverter/generator to power my travel trailer. In 2014, I bought a brand new 2014 Keystone Springdale 189FLWE. It came pre-installed with a Domestic Air Conditioner 13,500 BTU (model B57915).

Some say that this inverter will NOT run a Domestic 13,500 BTU Air Conditioner. So I've decided to try this myself, and WOW!!!!! This Champion inverter started up my 13,500 BTU WITHOUT any issue!!! It could run on the quiet Economic mode too. (I also heard that it could ran a Domestic 15,000 BTU)

More details...

Yesterday, I went to a Camping World store near my town. The store happened to have 2 units in stock so I purchased one. Today, I unpacked the inverter, added 0.6qt of engine oil (10W 30), then added unleaded gasoline about 3/4 of gallon.
- Turned the Gas switch to ON,
- Choke OUT
- Turned the Start switch to ON
- Pulled
The inverter started right up on the 1st pull. I let it ran in the Economic Mode OFF for a few minutes, then later changed it to ON. I went into my trailer, turned everything off, including the refrigerator. Went back out to the inverter, plugged in my RV 3-prongs cord to the the inverter. Went back into my trailer and then turn my Domestic 13,500 BTU A/C to ON. The A/C unit started and ran with no issue. I then let the A/C ran for a few minutes before turned on my refrigerator and other electronic devices. My 1st day with the Champion Power Equipment 3100W was a success!!!!!
All I can say is.... It works! It's very quiet for it size (58dB). It's a great prize! And my wife is now super happy to hear that this year she can stay cool in at the fairground. Happy camping folks!!! :-)

PS. One person I'd like thanks was the user called "Luigi". His reviews boosted up my confidence and encourage me to purchase this unit.
review imagereview imagereview image
0Comment| 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 9, 2016
Works like a champ. BUT USE CAUTION ON BRAKE IN RUNNING...... YOU WILL NOT FIND THIS IN THE MANUAL BUT, if you call their engineer and support staff they will tell you how to do this. The generator should be run through it's brake-in period as per the factory tech's preferred method as follows: One hour with no load on the generator, then one hour at 25% (700 watts) load, and then one hour with 50% (1400 watts) load, then a hour at 75% (2100 watts) load on, then the last hour fluctuate the load form low to high not exceeding the max rated load of 2800 watts. I was able to do this with electric heaters and RV air conditioner and these loads were checked while in use. So after the five hour run I was surprised how much the oil changed in both color and clarity along with the flecks of metal it contained. Looking forward to many years of service from this unit. I have been using generators of one form or another for decades from small portables for emergency lighting to 14kw truck mounted equipment. I like this unit I can not argue with the price point in any way.
11 comment| 70 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 9, 2018
Easy to operate and generates enough power to run various appliances around the house. Just be aware that this this machine is 8 dbs noisier than the 58 Dbs (at a distance of 23 feet) claimed by the company.
on June 24, 2017
I am happy so far, needed a generator for work and play. The reviews lead me to this one. Easy start, quiet, and will power A/C in the rv. Still breaking in so will update later.
on September 1, 2016
Meets all expectations ! Very pleased with performance in our trailer. Runs air conditioner with no problems. Was disappointed to see the same model for $100 less at Costco with no shipping.
on January 18, 2018
I have used it for about 2 years now and it works great. I could not ask for anything more. We use is on our 5th wheel when we go on longer trips. We can stay in a parking lot and run the generator right from the back of the truck so we can use the ac and do everything we can when we are camping with 30 amp service.
on October 23, 2015
This is the best generator I have ever owned. I have two of the smaller Champion 73536i 2,000 Watt versions. If you are on the fence, I recommend this one. Even though its a little heavier, its much easier to use and move around because the of the handle and wheels. Specifically the way the handles are designed makes using the generator very easy.

Also, if this is not already obvious, this generator is much quieter and more fuel efficient than the average generator because it adjusts fuel usage to match how much power you are actually using.
on March 3, 2017
This has been an excellent generator so far! Starts easy, pretty quiet, and a good price. Not as many features as some have, but you can't beat the cost.
on August 4, 2015
Started on first pull. Runs A/C in trailer without a problem. Nice and quiet, especially on eco mode. It is larger than I expected based on picture - basically a cube shape. Otherwise a great product for the money.
on January 9, 2018
good value and quick delivery -time will tell on how long it lasts