Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning DrWho DrWho DrWho  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 1,065 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,114 reviews
on February 13, 2016
I bought a handful of these Powertrain Performance shirts a couple of weeks ago, and I really wanted to like them. I am a fan of champion moisture wicking socks and underwear, and I fully endorse their performance stretch boxer briefs. Champion Men's 2-Pack Performance Stretch Boxer Brief, Black/Deep Ocean, X-Large.

However, these shirts are not durable at all. On the first day of wear with the first shirt, I developed two full-on snags and three runs that will become snags. I have attached a couple of pictures for reference.

Champion Powertrain is not a fabric that is ready for primetime. Spend a bit more for Nike Dri-Fit or Under Armor.
review image review image
on July 13, 2014
A standard sports shirt at a cheap price. Wicks moisture and dries well, like night and day versus a cotton shirt. On hot and muggy days during the Minnesota summer I prefer these to cotton shirts even if I'm not doing anything active. It's much lighter, more comfortable, and stays dry.

The shirt appears and feels well made. It's just right in thickness for warmer temperaturs. When bike riding on cooler nights I usually supplement more layers as this material gives up heat more readily than cotton. On hotter days however it's a must! Wouldn't recommend throwing these in the drier, but they dry so quickly that hang drying doesn't take much longer anyway.

Pros:
- Lightweight
- Wicks moisture well
- Dries quickly
- Very comfortable

Cons:
- May be too thin for cooler temperatures
on March 30, 2016
Why the heck are people trying to divine the correct size by weight and height? We aren't living in the middle ages. Just get a tailor tape measure(available on amazon for a coupla bucks) and measure your chest diameter, then use the size chart to find the right size. If the size chart is inaccurate or if you have very unusual proportions, then it's worth mentioning. My chest is 39 inches and a medium fits correctly. I normally would get a large but different garment manufacturers have different ideas on what sizes mean. On the shirt itself it mentions its an Asian/Japanese Large size. The shirt seem to be very similar in material to the double dry champion I have, so I don't expect any issues.
on March 10, 2017
These are by far the cheapest feeling poly running shirts I have purchased. They aren't skimpy in terms of size but the material feels incredibly flimsy and as though it won't hold up. I returned them. I've purchased any number of brands of "performance" or quick-drying poly running shirts and I expect them to be lightweight. Some are shiny and some are matte, but none has felt like these did.

Granted, I only paid about $13 each for them but that's also about what I paid for Russell t-shirts that were also poly running shirts and they are holding up very well and feel like better ones like New Balance.
on September 9, 2014
I thought this t-shirt was "dry fit" but it's not really that light. It's almost like a cotton t-shirt. If you have some extremely lightweight dry-fit shirts already and know how they feel....this is not what you are looking for. I was hoping that the shirt would be much lighter since the price was so low but if you are out in 90 degree weather in the sun playing golf you will sweat a lot wearing this. I'll probably wear it in the cooler temps like mid-upper 70s. I wore it once on a very hot day during a round of golf and it was like wearing a wool blanket. The overall quality is very good though. It's not a cheaply made shirt and doesn't pull like some dry-fit shirts I have owned. I have other dry-fit shirts by other brands that are about half the weight. I would buy another one for cooler days in the fall/spring. It's still better than 100% cotton.
on May 30, 2014
I started with two in military green (dark olive) , Black heather is dark, near black charcoal (not really a heather), I now have several in various colors (Got the Purple heather to wear under throwback Diamond Backs Jersey - pretty close match) These have become my go-to shirt, very comfortable, super light & extremely breathable, lighter than name brand "Clima-cool" fabric but not quite "see through", true to size for me, (I'm 6'1 200Lb, XL is just right with a little room - not baggy & long) Just wish there were more color selections in my size. Had for 6 weeks, several washes now, looks like it will hold up for a while.
on November 2, 2015
I'm generally a skeptic with regards to these polyester shirts being drier or more likely to "wick away" sweat and perspiration better than old-fashioned cotton. I actually think cotton is far more comfortable, and more breathable. But I will have to concede that-- once wet-- these shirts do dry much faster than cotton. In other words, I don't think that they *prevent* you from perspiring, I don't think they prevent the *accumulation* of sweat while perspiring, and I don't think they make you more comfortable *while* perspiring, but after you've perspired, you do dry off more quickly (if that makes sense).
on February 16, 2016
My husband rides long distances on an indoor recumbent bike. He was disappointed that this shirt did not have as much wicking power as some other shirts he owns. For running or biking outdoors, they're probably fine, as air movement will probably help with wicking. But for indoor exercise, where you're staying stationary, not so much. Or, at least, not if you tend to sweat copiously. For milder perspirers, it might be perfectly fine.
on September 23, 2016
Thicker than other brands of performance T's, especially the neck roll. Also, seems to be a lot more stitching compared to my North Face and Under Armour, not sure if its by design and intentional, or as a cost saving measure. Stitching and threads = itchy and irritation. 1 extra star for the very reasonable price compared to the other brands.
on February 23, 2017
I believe this is the follow up to the Duodry. Unfortunately, it is thinner (and see through). The material doesn't feel as comfortable either. That said I'm not returning a $10 item that was only meant to last a year or so anyway, they get pulls and stained underarms. I'll look for a better fit next year.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.