Change Begins Within (A Benefit Concert for The David Lynch Foundation)
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
In 2009, The David Lynch Foundation staged the Change Begins Within benefit concert at New York s legendary Radio City Music Hall. The show helped raise funds to teach at-risk children to meditate to change their lives from within. Hosted by David Lynch and Laura Dern, it was a star-studded sold out evening that featured unique performances from a cast including Sheryl Crow, Donovan, Eddie Vedder, Moby, Ben Harper, Angelo Badalamenti, Betty LaVette, Jim James and Jerry Seinfeld. The culmination of the evening saw sets from Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr before they joined forces for a grand finale. This once-in-a-lifetime event is now available to own with the aim to continue raising funds and awareness for the Foundation's mission to heal suffering from post-traumatic stress amongst veterans, survivors of domestic violence, and at-risk children.
David Lynch talks to Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, Eddie Vedder and Ben Harper.
1) Trouble So Hard / Natural Blues Moby, Betty LaVette & The TM Choir
2) Rise Eddie Vedder
3) Under Pressure Eddie Vedder & Ben Harper
4) My Sweet Lord Sheryl Crow & Ben Harper
5) Jerry Seinfeld
6) Hurdy Gurdy Man Donovan, Jim James & Ben Harper
7) Isle Of Islay Donovan & Paul Horn
8) It Don t Come Easy Ringo Starr, Ben Harper & Eddie Vedder
9) Boys Ringo Starr, Ben Harper & Eddie Vedder
10) Yellow Submarine Ringo Starr, Ben Harper, Eddie Vedder & Sheryl Crow
11) Drive My Car Paul McCartney
12) Jet Paul McCartney
13) Got To Get You Into My Life Paul McCartney
14) Let It Be Paul McCartney
15) Here Today Paul McCartney
16) Band on The Run Paul McCartney 17) With A Little Help From My Friends Paul McCartney & Ringo Starr
18) Cosmically Conscious Sheryl Crow, Donovan, Eddie Vedder, Moby, Ben Harper, Paul Horn, Angelo Badalamenti, Betty LaVette, Jim James, Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr & The TM Choir
19) I Saw Her Standing There Sheryl Crow, Donovan, Eddie Vedder, Moby, Ben Harper, Paul Horn, Angelo Badalamenti, Betty LaVette, Jim James, Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr & The TM Choir
Top customer reviews
There are lots of Beatles and Wings songs (only McCartney is here from Wings) of course. Not a lot in new material but some interesting collaborations. Lynch is the host – and is not a great speaker, After your first watch, you’ll find yourself skimming over his intros. But the audience (obviously a sell out) gives EVERY performance a standing ovation. The camera work and sound are excellent.
The DVD comes with a six-panel foldout with performance credits for all the numbers and some photos. What’s interesting is that – during the group finale you can obviously see Beach Boy Mike Love on stage (though he never gets a solo, as others do) but he is listed nowhere in either the credits or the package. The show lasts 110 minutes and there is 20-minutes of bonus interviews – basically Lynch interviewing McCartney, Starr, Vedder and Harper (individually) for about five minutes each.
If any (or all) of these artists are your favorites I think you’ll like this. (I can’t tell if any funds from sale of this DVD will benefit Lynch’s foundation.
I hope you found this review both informative and helpful.
Sure, the superstars may be the two remaining Beatles, but I would have purchased a copy just for the marvelous cover of "Under Pressure," courtesy of Eddie Vedder & Ben Harper!
Sheryl Crow simply SHINES with her cover of George Harrison's "My Sweet Lord" and Paul McCartney's songs are not to be missed.
I've already ordered several extra copies for holidays gifts and recommend this title to everyone!