Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New album by morrisey STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on July 10, 2017
This is the 3rd book I have read of hers and I can say with each one I love it even better than the one I have read before. I am a kidney transplant recipient so the transplant aspect of this book interested me so much. Then throw in the mix of capital punishment and religion and it was one that tugged at my heart strings and made me really like about a lot of things. I loved the research into this book especially how the transplant issues were so correct. The only thing I could say negative about it was when I was done reading, I just wasn't ready for the book to end.
on November 17, 2014
I am headed to my book club meeting in a little while and we will be discussing this book. The HUGE revelation at the end I guessed at the very beginning but I found this book a great read. Getting inside everyone's head EXCEPT Shay Bourne's was a wonderful way to tell the story. I have found books that change perspective like this to be very enjoyable starting with the Raj Quartet many years ago. For a person like myself who often wonders about someone else's point of view, it lined up with the way I think about the world. The issues of organ donation from both the side of recipients and donors in the most extreme situation, child sexual abuse, and how our perceptions of the world are ALWAYS skewed by the lens we choose to apply are all addressed. The good news is that the ability for some catalyst (perhaps the most unlikely) to change that lens and help us to get unstuck in that view can actually happen. People can heal from their pain by making connections with other people.
on November 4, 2012
What a captivating read a Change of Heart is. The plot twists and turns with confronting issues and a fascinating religious content. Its three main characters, Shay Bourne, Father Michael Wright and Maggie Bloom become entwined in a relationship that questions beliefs, morals and their core values. The book toys with the emotions of what remains of the Nealon family. It confronts our thoughts of religion, love, hope, truth, denial, faith and throws in capital punishment as well.

I do not want to go into the plot and spoil it for you, but the book is told in the point of view of each character, much like a gospel might be told.

I loved this book and the way it moved from family relationships to loss to murder to incarceration and then supernatural content. It covered all bases for me. I am not religious, but found the religious content (of which there is quite a bit) really interesting. I struggled to put this book down.

I had never read a Jodi Picoult book before - if Change of Heart is a reflection of her other books, I cant wait to read more of them.
2 helpful votes
on September 3, 2017
Different from other books by this author. A bit hard to follow even for me. Interested read though but didn't captivate me as previous books by her.
on September 20, 2017
the basis of this book involves a lot of religious history/beliefs, i do not have any affiliation to any religion therefore it was slightly difficult to understand. the story line was fabulous thou
on May 5, 2017
A deep and moving story. Got here amazing quickly and still looks good as new!! This is my favorite Jodi Piccoult book and I'm so happy to finally own it!!
on September 17, 2017
Wonderful book! Well written, holds your interest and great character development
on March 30, 2017
Love this story. This is a real page turner keeping you interested in the story progression and sympathizing with the well developed characters.
on November 15, 2017
Interesting but could have been shorter.
on December 15, 2015
This is my favorite Jodi Picoult book. So good that bought it again!! I read it few years ago and have thought about it often so I bought it again since I gave the other one to someone to borrow and never got it back. It really makes you think about what you'd do in a similar situation.
2 helpful votes