Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Prophets of Rage Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim forum

Changes I would like to see for Skyrim in 2013

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 22, 2012, 8:14:02 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 30, 2012, 8:34:59 AM PST
==Archery Skill==
While it seems to be in the Warrior category, it levels up faster if you use The Thief Stone (one of 13 Guardian Stones). So, this pretty much means that the Thief class has 7 skills, and the Warrior class only has 5. They need to balance this by doing one of two things:
1.) Combine the Lockpicking and Pickpocketing skills into one skill (since they are useless by themselves anyway) that can be simply called "Thief", and then move the Archery Skill over to the Thief class. Then, give the Warrior a brand new kind of skill that is not the same as One-handed or Two-Handed.
2.) Simply reclassify the Archery skill as a Warrior Skill, not a Thief skill, so that way, all 3 classes will have a balanced amount of skills (6 each). Although if you ask me, Archery sounds like it does belong to the Thief Class.
And don't tell me to go to the Lover's Stone.

==Daedric Smithing==
Why is this unlockable BEFORE "Dragon Armor" smithing? The materials to make Daedric Armor is even harder to find because Daedra are much more rarer to find than Dragons are (I only found 2 Daedra hearts in 14 hours while I found 17 Dragon Bones and 10 Dragon Scales in only 3 hours). They need to fix this in one of two ways:
1.) Switch places of the perks of both Daedric Smithing and Dragon Armor.
2.) Make Dragon Bones and Dragon Scales much more rarer to find on Dragons, and make Daedric Armor and Weapons weaker than Dragonscale or Dragonplate Armor and Weapons. EDIT: I realize that I do NOT have to have the Dragon Armor perk for my Heavy Armor build. That can be for my Light Armor build.

==Dawnguard DLC: Crossbows==
Choosing the Vampire side (aka, Volkihar Vampire Clan) will prevent you from accessing any means of making Crossbows or the Bolts for the weapon. I complain about this is because being a Stealth character benefits more from choosing the Vampire Clan side due to certain effects given (like for example; Nightstalker's Footsteps and Vampire's Seduction because of vampirism).
Also, since Archery is classified as a Thief skill, a Crossbow is best for your stealth kills, but you have to join the Dawnguard which is more suited for Warrior-type or Battlemage-type character builds (as far as quests and rewards go) to get Bolts. They need to do one of two things:
1.) Provide an alternate means of obtaining Bolts other than scavenging for some off of Dwenmer machines (like being able to steal schematics from the Dawnguard).
2.) Allow Bolts to be sold from merchants like the "Drunken Huntsman".

Also, if you can include Dragonbone weapons, why not allow Crossbows the same thing? And all other upgradable versions as well, like a Steel, Glass, Ebony Crossbow and so on.

==Werewolf==
While I do appreciate that the Werewold has it's own perk tree now, why did Bethesda decide that only the Vampire Lord can transform and revert as many times as it wants? Being a Werewolf is slightly inferior just because of this. They should allow a Werewolf user to transform and revert as much as they want (much like the Vampire Lord). EDIT: I realize now that there a ring in the game that has this function...

==Children in Skyrim==
Why are there only Nord children? What about Dark Elf kids, Argonian, or Khajiit kids? Hell even Orc kids too.

==Quests==
Rather than just provide new armor and other items in DLC, why not add some more fun quests to do? Or better yet... allow us the ability to CREATE quests and post them for other users to download?

==Arena==
Oblivion had this, but not Skyrim? I want to be able to fight with a different combinations of creatures of my choosing and get coins and other goodies for the effort. And maybe even being able to decide to pit certain enemies against one another and see who wins (my first one will be 3 Giants vs 1 Dragon and 4 Dragon Priests).

=Underwater Exploration==
Remember when you found Deepscorn Hollow in Oblivion? Or maybe a secret cave beneath the ocean floor where it held a special item for a Daedra? I never once went underwater for anything. No quests involved it as far as i know (other than finding a Quill), and the only thing I found underwater was seaweed. Perhaps there can be a Questline for a Thief/Assassin build where someone is living in a secret place under the ocean, and they want to form a new organization, and you obviously help do that.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2012, 6:32:50 PM PST
All of these sound good! I'd like to see a return to Cyrodil as well (as we now have the Dragonborn DLC and can travel to Morrowind). I also would like to see some new monsters, especially (and I know I've said this hundreds of times on different message boards) MINOTAURS! They were the coolest enemy in Oblivion and I'd love to see them return in DLC. Also maybe some other mythical creatures like Chimera, Manticore, Gryphons, Kraken (a boat trip across to another isle and you're suddenly attacked by tentacles, and then even underwater combat) and Giant Scorpions and Giant Praying Mantis'. I LOVE SKYRIM! I spend more time playing it than I have WOW,EQ,Warhammer combined.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2012, 8:31:55 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 30, 2012, 8:35:43 AM PST
I think so too. And I thought of something else too:

=2 new Guilds==
I know someone may have created a MOD for the PC for this idea, but I don't have a gamer PC, and I don't plan to buy one. Those mods break the game anyway. The two new guilds I want included in Skyrim is one called "Hunter's Guild" which is suitable for either a Warrior or a Stealth-based character who, put simply, hunts animals for profit (and the Leather should be worth more gold to sell for too), and eventually will be able to hunt "legendary" versions (or better yet, fight different ranked animals too.. similar to how you fight "ranked" dragons that are tougher than others) of the animals you hunt that are literally bigger, tougher, and may even pocess a unique ability due to a daedric influence or at least from something magical.

The other Guild i want included shouls be suitable for pure Mage builds (the College of Winterhold is the only one suitable for this class), so that's why I say include another kind of "Mage's Guild". The Volkihar Vampire Clan doesn't really count because Vampirism is more suitable for Assassin builds which rely on Sneaking, Illusion, and One-Handed attacks (aka Dark Brotherhood), and I don't plan on going through the trouble of passing it just to get some Conjuration spells. This mage guild should be called... Hogwarts. That was a joke by the way. No, the real name should be... well, i don't know. But what I do know is that the least used magic skill in this school is Alteration. Some of the skills like "Detect life" would be suitable for sneaky types, not mages. I don't know what else to think of, really.

What else did I miss? Hmm...

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2012, 6:48:37 PM PST
Definitely great ideas! With guilds, perhaps they'll add DLC to create guilds, and thus you becoming the Guild Leader and then naming your guild (even Hogwarts...:) why not?).

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2012, 7:50:31 PM PST
Oh yeah. Why not have the ability to CREATE your guild and recruit some NPCs to it? I mean, if you can build a house (Hearthfire), then why not be able to build something like a Fort, A cave, an anceint ruin, or simply another big house for your guild? You can send your NPCs to do some questing of their own for you (for example, you can tell an NPC to find 4 pinches of Frost Salts for you, and you'll give them 500 gold as a reward, assassinate a target, guard an area, and so on.

And as for that new kind of mage's guild i talked about before... it should be able to provide you the ability to mix your spells like in Oblivion, but less restrictive. I'm not just referring to Destruction spells (although, one idea is to mix Fire and Frost which can make a Steaming Mist attack that has both elements used, not just use both at the same time seperately). And maybe... even mix your Conjurations summons. Imagine a Fire and Storm Atronach mixed into one being?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Dec 22, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 30, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

This discussion is about